Preview Round 10 v Essendon MCG Saturday May 20th 7.40pm - Will The Streak Survive

Remove this Banner Ad

dont like nank in, not sure what it is but just dont like it

He will be playing on Saturday 38 days after his last match. Players I think tend to be able to step straight back in up to around a month without losing any touch or form. So long as the actual injury is 100% - it should be - Toby should not take long to get up and going. He was playing brilliantly early season.

Hes right though. Dow won't have played at any level for 3 weeks.

Nank was a premiership 1st ruck in his 4th season. Miller is a depth gap filler at best in his 6th. He's a poor forward, an okay backup ruck to the backup ruck and an okay key defender.

Yep, a great 3 effective disposals and 1 mark last week. Hence the omission.

I want him to succeed but I reckon he's going to be a journeyman at best and thats okay.

Miller is a great player to retain on our list forever. He’s a capable back up ruck. A capable KPD. A big body to plonk down forward. And will be cheap his entire career as will attract no interest from elsewhere. He’s the ultimate back-up key position player to have on the list.

He’s not good enough to be ‘best-22’, but he’ll end up carving out a 125-game, 12-year career.

You can’t underestimate the value of being able to pay ‘warm bodies’ on your list that have some value, bottom dollar to keep the lion’s share of salary cap for others.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Miller is a great player to retain on our list forever. He’s a capable back up ruck. A capable KPD. A big body to plonk down forward. And will be cheap his entire career as will attract no interest from elsewhere. He’s the ultimate back-up key position player to have on the list.

He’s not good enough to be ‘best-22’, but he’ll end up carving out a 125-game, 12-year career.

You can’t underestimate the value of being able to pay ‘warm bodies’ on your list that have some value, bottom dollar to keep the lion’s share of salary cap for others.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No issue woth that. A journeyman as I said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will get 20 odd with 8-9 contested posessions and a few clearances but it won't be enough to save him from being squeezed out next week. Dow is one of those players that won't ever get a consistent run of games.
who would he be squeezed out by next week given hopper is out for 4-6?

they were playing sonsie at HBF last week not midfield. he and clarke need a few weeks in the 2's to get some form.

Can already see what is going to happen on Saturday. Ryan will be regulated to being just a forward and won't get much ruck time and will end up with a little impact on the game then will be dropped for the next week which just isn't the right move.

Hope I am wrong and Nank and Ryan work as well as Soldo and Nank did at the end of 19.

Better start preparing yourself because that's a certainty. Hopefully Samson can cash in on a short Essendon backline.
Prepare to be annoyed because I reckon that will happen. Nank is s**t forward. Only good when he drops back to clog up a hole.
Why wouldn’t Nank be our main ruck with Samson more forward?
Have all you campaigners above forgotten how good Ryan has been in the ruck. I heard some crazy stat that we have had the most hitouts to advantage during the time he has been rucking than we ever have since Dimma has been coaching. It's no coincidence that has been a big reason for our uptick in performance.
agreed. hope we ease him back and just get him to play deep forward
This guy gets it. Not even just forward, get him to play the Max Gawn role. Stick him a kick away from the footy so that Essendon have to think twice about just going long at every opportunity. Nank is a great intercept mark.
all about bringing the ball to ground.
This guy still gets it.

Taking number one ruck away from Samson would be idiotic. Sounds over the top but why change a good thing. Nank can play Miller's role last week, a lot better than Miller can.

Last edited:
Can already see what is going to happen on Saturday. Ryan will be regulated to being just a forward and won't get much ruck time and will end up with a little impact on the game then will be dropped for the next week which just isn't the right move.

Hope I am wrong and Nank and Ryan work as well as Soldo and Nank did at the end of 19.
I dont think he will be dropped but I agree with you on the rest.

Have all you campaigners above forgotten how good Ryan has been in the ruck. I heard some crazy stat that we have had the most hitouts to advantage during the time he has been rucking than we ever have since Dimma has been coaching. It's no coincidence that has been a big reason for our uptick in performance.

This guy gets it. Not even just forward, get him to play the Max Gawn role. Stick him a kick away from the footy so that Essendon have to think twice about just going long at every opportunity. Nank is a great intercept mark.

This guy still gets it.

Taking number one ruck away from Samson would be idiotic. Sounds over the top but why change a good thing. Nank can play Miller's role last week, a lot better than Miller can.
Samson has been great. Samson and Nank will be better.

Samson has been great. Samson and Nank will be better.
I agree, only if Samson is playing predominantly in the ruck though. I'm actually shocked that I need to mention this at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 10 v Essendon MCG Saturday May 20th 7.40pm - Will The Streak Survive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back