AFL Autopsy RND 18: Essington crapped on by the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I Dont Know What To Say Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

You know that as soon as we start a game being reactive we are ****ed. For some reason we can’t find a way to be proactive. Half-hearted chases, broken tackles, hurried blind kicks that go 20-30 metres into the lap of a well positioned opponent, fumbles, balls bouncing away from us, handballs at the feet of teammates, kicks over heads, easy transitions… all the things that make you tear your hair out as a supporter became commonplace.

Is it even worth making finals when we can fold so easily under pressure still?

Milera has a beard. Since when does Milera have a beard? 2015 draft kid
Has become quite good since growing the beard

Other than that thing on parish's neck, we have no beards...and we're shit

Chris scott - beard
brad scott - no beard

Do the math

Will have a fire lit under us this week, be interesting how we respond against the Dogs on a Friday night
Huge game.

Keep that annoying little * Weightman quiet and we could snag a win. 4 more wins should get us there comfortably. 3 more, depending on other results could do it as well.

WB - 50/50
SYD - 50/50
WC - 100
NM - 70/30
GWS - 50/50
COLL - 30/70

If we can somehow snag 2 of the 3 50/50s and win the games we should, then we'll be right.

On tonight's performance though, I can't say I'm overly confident.

On SM-G780G using BigFooty.com mobile app

First thoughts.

Out: Weideman, Kelly, Heppell and Hind

In: Baldwin, Cox, Tsatas and Snelling (to sub)
Heppell wasn't terrible tonight. Besides, if Lav doesn't come up for next week, that'd be 3 changes out of the back 6. That hurts their chemistry.

Doubt Bryan can stand up to English next week, so Flip in for me. Would rotate the 2 of them between ruck and forward and drop Weid (although not sure how much gametime Bryan manages these days). Bryan has shown previously he's not a forward, but he showed more than Weid tonight albeit a change midgame.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cox and/or Tsatas next week depending on how they play tomorrow.

That was a huge blow to our percentage. I also feel it showed how little chance we have if we do make finals, and it's two major things.. which are god damn fundamentals to the game. We are back at handballing and we can't seem to take a mark if it's even slightly contested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boy that game sucked in every possible way.
I don't really even want to play finals anymore. I'm convinced it will be the same as all the other times we've limped in 8th place and got smashed.
We still can't stand up when the heat is on.

I mean that first quarter was literally us saying - if the other team brings enough heat we have no answers whatsoever.

Might as well just treat the rest of the year as development (probably won't change much in saying that - just give Voss a go instead of Weid and could possibly switch some of the small forwards or give Tsatas a debut.)

The only slight positive i found was that Bryan was pretty OK at AFL level.

Also... I think Bryan just lacks something... doesn't seem to have any ferocity to his game, which I reckon ruckmen need. It think that's why he can't make the step-up currently. Not saying he can't develop that, but he seems fleeting and a little weak at times for his size; kinda floaty if you know what I mean. It was also explain why even at VFL level he doesn't take many marks.

That was a huge blow to our percentage. I also feel it showed how little chance we have if we do make finals, and it's two major things.. which are god damn fundamentals to the game. We are back at handballing and we can't seem to take a mark if it's even slightly contested.
Yep. At our best we handball forward out of stoppages, we went into our shell early tonight and never came out.

Panic kicks to our forwards didn't help with the marking. Having Flip in would've helped with contested marking. Draper handy for a few big ones down the line, and Jones is under rated for giving us that down the line option as well.

They said it on FoxFooty after playing the last 3 minutes of their game live directly after Geelong sang their song, before any post-match coverage 😝
I'll be honest the TV my certainly went off as soon as their music started playing

Also... I think Bryan just lacks something... doesn't seem to have any ferocity to his game, which I reckon ruckmen need. It think that's why he can't make the step-up currently. Not saying he can't develop that, but he seems fleeting and a little weak at times for his size; kinda floaty if you know what I mean. It was also explain why even at VFL level he doesn't take many marks.
Bring in Mumford as a ruck coach and get Bryan to move in with him. He'll either be dead or we'll have a ruckman with mongel in a couple of months

At least cat poo is kind of inconseqential. It's dog poo you want to look out for. That s**t's toxic!

Who have we got next week?

Oh yeah...

Actually cat poo is much worse, cats are pure carnivores whereas dogs are omnivores. Additionally you have more threat of zoonotic diseases like toxoplasmosis. Plus cat shit stinks so much worse.

Hilarious that we're looking to trade in McKay (norf) so that we finally have a big bloke capable of managing a FF bull (5 years too late), and Hawkins will probably retire next year 😖

They had a higher score at qtr time than we did for the whole match…. Just fuming at such a limp and feeble performance. A loss was expected but 32 scoring shots to 10 is beyond humiliating. That team effort would fall well below West Coast and North no problem. Absolutely no positives to take away from that. Horrifying that a team in a professional system can muster that….

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 18: Essington crapped on by the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back