AFL Autopsy RND 18: Essington crapped on by the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

The 4 coaches before him haven’t worked it out, Scott needs to find a remedy for mature, well drilled sides socking us in the mouth in the first 8 minutes and then coasting for the rest of the game.

I don’t even see how anyone can muster any kind of anger. It was always going to play out that way, be grateful he gave the kids prominent roles and Laverde doesn’t have a broken leg.

Well we have a long way to go which we knew before the season started. I just can't get my head around this Jekyll and Hyde performance. Especially for our skipper. I've got faith that Brad will iron this crap out tho.

Anyway we can beat the dogs next week because it's all in the head. However, don't think we will.

Turnovers & contested marks are 2 things we have not improved on at all.

No run from defence is also killing us. Watch how Pies run it out of defence with Daicos & co.

Lloydy on Monday morning.

angry shout GIF by Dude Bro Party Massacre III

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everybody whacks Weiderman which is fair, we got him for nothing and if Jones and Reid were fit he would be the back up so here goes my rant. WTF is stringers role not once was in the middle. we don’t stick tackles and cant break them. I am over these bloody injuries for 20 years we can’t get our best side on the park. Reid, Draper, setterfiefleild Jones are walk up starts. Why aren’t we been told about Draper and setterfield. Parish hasn’t signed see you later, either has redman there is two first round draft picks. Give west coast 3 first round draft Picks for barrass and Harley Reid thank you, mckay to walk into ess as a free agent, done, reset next year with new fitness staff ok then we are pushing, but not with the list the way it is!

Just when you think essendon have turned a corner, boom they remind you.

you Knew in the first 5 minutes we were going to get torn apart.

if we have any hope of making finals and doing something In September brad better start getting serious about our team. I know there we plenty of other shockers but Weeds inclusion is now untenable. he cannot play next week

Just when you think essendon have turned a corner, boom they remind you.

you Knew in the first 5 minutes we were going to get torn apart.

if we have any hope of making finals and doing something In September brad better start getting serious about our team. I know there we plenty of other shockers but Weeds inclusion is now untenable. he cannot play next week
Ha. Apparently Montagna thought we turned a corner too.

I was just trying to decide whether this clip should go in delusional pearlers or not 🤔

That was a huge blow to our percentage. I also feel it showed how little chance we have if we do make finals, and it's two major things.. which are god damn fundamentals to the game. We are back at handballing and we can't seem to take a mark if it's even slightly contested.
We're soft in marking contests outside the defensive stuff...and even then

Over the years i have been able to absorb countless depressing losses
by consoling myself with thought
that one day they will fuel a great rejoicing.
I am sorry to say that tonite was the first time in 20 years
that i did not take the smashing with the team
i couldnt watch anymore after the 3rd quarter.
I now believe that it is very likely
i will not live to see another Bombers premiership.
I am very sad and heart broken.

Over the years i have been able to absorb countless depressing losses
by consoling myself with thought
that one day they will fuel a great rejoicing.
I am sorry to say that tonite was the first time in 20 years
that i did not take the smashing with the team
i couldnt watch anymore after the 3rd quarter.
I now believe that it is very likely
i will not live to see another Bombers premiership.
I am very sad and heart broken.

You joined Big Footy to post that dribble!

Srysly!

feels like we’re still the same team we’ve been for 20 years, with a couple of good quarters like q3 against Carlton and q2 against Adelaide ‘spray painted on’ to make it look a bit different. But tonight the cheap gold plating came off in a hurry

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 18: Essington crapped on by the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back