Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just think if Nicks had rotated players throughout the year, there wouldn't be so much criticism of his coaching.
Sticking with the 25 players all year has ended up hurting us at the end of the season, when he should have used 28-29 players
Sticking with Murray, Rachelle, Soligo and Michealhaney pumped games into them... Murray's injury has thrown a spanner in the works.

But the players who are ready have had serious game time. Rotating out these players dilutes the experience of best 23 players.

Shoenberg has also struggled with dorm and has been given every opportunity to improve. Vs Melbourne, his game seemed to lift.

People who are whinging loudly about this whinge about everything.......

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did anyone also hear on the radio today about the picks being discussed for Norf.
Pick # 2 for 2nd last, pick #3 compo for McKay and then a priority pick on top of that.
They said a lot of clubs are very unhappy if it goes ahead,
It does seem a bit over the top considering the picks they were handed last year as well
Seriously, they should just fold the club when Tasmania come in

Edit, I just see DJ75 raised this in the drafting thread

They should not be given a priority pick. The reason is the clearly arrogant mismanagement of Jason Horne Francis, not to mention the huge amount of top picks the Crows tried to sell them that would have set them up for a decade. North only have themselves to blame. Also, pick #3 for Mackay bahahahaha he is a poor mans backman. Average joe at best and if any compensation should be given its an end of 1st round at most.

From the AdelaideNow article:

In 2018, Shane told the Port Adelaide website of the striking of the Showdown Shield: “It’s just a fantastic honour and very humbling.”

“It’s a little bit embarrassing and very humbling but to have my kids see that and my parents and my community and relatives is just very humbling,” Shane said.

Well that is interesting.

Sticking with Murray, Rachelle, Soligo and Michealhaney pumped games into them... Murray's injury has thrown a spanner in the works.

But the players who are ready have had serious game time. Rotating out these players dilutes the experience of best 23 players.

Shoenberg has also struggled with dorm and has been given every opportunity to improve. Vs Melbourne, his game seemed to lift.

People who are whinging loudly about this whinge about everything.......

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
You seem a bit confused

I think it was even pettier, in that they didn't agree because it was our idea
Worse than that. Keith Thomas said that in 5 years time no one would care about Phil Walsh so didn’t want to bind the name of the medal to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all due respect that sounds like a load of total s**t that you or somebody else made up
I wish it was

"It's hard to say this and sound decent because we still feel raw about Phil but we'd rather not commit to something because once you do, it's locked in forever,” Port Adelaide boss Keith Thomas told The Age

"I think you'd mount a good argument for naming the medal after Phil right now but I'm not so sure about five years time.”

I wish it was

"It's hard to say this and sound decent because we still feel raw about Phil but we'd rather not commit to something because once you do, it's locked in forever,” Port Adelaide boss Keith Thomas told The Age

"I think you'd mount a good argument for naming the medal after Phil right now but I'm not so sure about five years time.”

That’s quite different from the way you paraphrased it.

There’s nothing disrespectful there at all.

With all due respect that sounds like a load of total s**t that you or somebody else made up

"I think you'd mount a good argument for naming the medal after Phil right now but I'm not so sure about five years time."

He kinda did say it.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do you interpret that last sentence?

He’s saying don’t go naming things after people before you’ve had time to compose yourself. Take a step back, see how it looks after things settle down.

It’s a legitimate point he’s making.

Maybe he could’ve worded it better, but there was no malicious intent there.

It was wrong then, it's wrong now

Port forgot that they were talking about a Port life member, like the moron Port Power posters on here who'd denigrate Andrew McLeod.

Port premiership player Andrew McLeod you mean?

Huh...? Oh yeah!

In their peanut brains it was Crows coach + Crows idea = No siree

And they can't change their minds now because they'd be acknowledging that they were petty, small and dumb

I didn't even think naming it after Phil Walsh was just about honouring Phil Walsh, the timeless thing was as a reminder that while the clubs might "hate" each other, when the worst happens they'll still come together.

That should be relevant for a lot longer than 5 years.

I wonder if they would have felt differently if they had won.

I'm sure they got a lot of negative feedback, even the Koch being friendly with Chapman stuff on the sideline, their fans were angry.

Last edited:
would be the simplest way, but I think Tassie want a stand alone team
You can see the plans is for Gold Coast to be rebranded with the Kangaroo moniker (ala Fitzroy). It is the best strategy for the emerging markets, set up a club with a nickname that is unlikely to hold emotional attachment (Bears, Suns, Giants), battle through the establishment years, and then attach an established traditional club brand to it. Gives them an expanded support base and stabilises the entity into a genuine identity. Same will happen with GWS in time (likely the Bulldogs or Saints).

Tasmania wont need it, they will have viable support from day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back