List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Will ANB replace Murphy?

• Yes, Neal-Bullen will push Murphy out of the side

• No, Nicks will pick both Neal-Bullen and Murphy

• No, Murphy will play with Neal-Bullen playing SANFL as depth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, even with a new coach, we clearly need to improve our forward-half pressure

The hope is that Nicks clearly sees Murphy as that half-forward pressure guy (even though he's not even close to it), and if ANB comes in as a much better version of Murphy, he might be forced to make the incumbent permanent depth?
Pedlar should be back next season.

We have the likes of Berry & Taylor who have both showed they are more useful than Murphy as forward/midfielders.

We have plenty of options without ANB.

A top midfielder, Cumming & another ruckman are far bigger priorities than ANB or Lukosius.

25 would be overs, 25 with something coming back would be slight overs, F2 would be fair (given ANB should improve our performance next year)

Would that be a fair assessment?

We have the likes of Berry & Taylor who have both showed they are more useful than Murphy as forward/midfielders.

A top midfielder, Cumming & another ruckman are far bigger priorities than ANB or Lukosius.
The problem for Pedlar is his inability to stay fit, and Berry shouldn't be in the side R1 next year.

Didnt we trade in a 29 year old for pick 25 when we had just missed the finals?

We won the flag 2 years later. You think we drafted Jarman to try and win a flag in 1999 when he was 33?

We paid pick 25 and more because he was an elite player.
If Neal-Bullen was 27 at the start of 2025 and could give us five quality season, or he was All Australian quality, I'd have no issue with the deal.

He's not though.

As for
They ain't making their decisions based on 4 years into the future. The majority dont have contracts tying them to the club that bloody long.

I think they make list management decisions based on the next 3 years unless they are in a massive rebuilding period (which we are not).

Clubs like Melbourne, Sydney and Geelong have just recently used first round picks on tall forwards, tall defenders and rucks which wouldn't be expected to have any impact in the first few years, despite not being in massive rebuilding periods.

Sydney traded in Grundy and drafted a ruck in the same year. You reckon drafting Will Green at pick 16 was a decision for the next 3 years?

Yet you're trying to claim clubs don't make list decisions based on 4 or more years into the future. The evidence from drafting alone suggests all clubs do

Pedlar is not a pressure player's arseh*le, and Berry struggles to pick up the ball under pressure half the time. Taylor yes, but I hope we have midfield aspirations for him this year

There's not many on the list who would be able to play that pressure role as effectively as ANB could. Provided we have a new coach, he should help us push to contention in 2026 and 2027, at least. Gives us time to find an eventual replacement via the draft, too

The issue is that a mid 2nd rounder for ANB is not overs.
Yes it is.

Have a read what independent posters are saying on the trade thread.

You are undervaluing this draft.

Have a look at the types of players we have picked up around this mark... & in weaker drafts!

We are not winning a flag in the next few years...

Pedlar is not a pressure player's arseh*le, and Berry struggles to pick up the ball under pressure half the time. Taylor yes, but I hope we have midfield aspirations for him this year

There's not many on the list who would be able to play that pressure role as effectively as ANB could. Provided we have a new coach, he should help us push to contention in 2026 and 2027, at least. Gives us time to find an eventual replacement via the draft, too
Pedlar, Berry & Taylor are all massive upgrades on Murphy.

They have different strengths, but all at least AFL standard.

Yes it is.

Have a look at the types of players we have picked up around this mark... & in weaker drafts!

I suspect we wouldn't be considering 25 unless we knew Dodson will be gone by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most hilarious part of this discussion is that the same posters saying we should keep pick 25 and not pay overs for ANB are the same posters that constantly criticize Hamish and our recruiting team and our development team.

So to the Cartel - you want to keep pick 25 and allow Hamish to select who we take and then our development team to work with them over the known quantity that is ANB?

They are but I suspect we won't see Pedlars best due to his lack of longevity.

Berry is better than Murphy, but he's still struggling to make the 22 next year with everyone fit.

Taylor I think has Tyson Edwards written all over him.

The most hilarious part of this discussion is that the same posters saying we should keep pick 25 and not pay overs for ANB are the same posters that constantly criticize Hamish and our recruiting team and our development team.

So to the Cartel - you want to keep pick 25 and allow Hamish to select who we take and then our development team to work with them over the known quantity that is ANB?
No, try again.

Find the posts to show that I have been one of Hamish's biggest critics?

That's BS!

All I have said he is should move on as has been at the club too long & we need a refresh.

All about finding the right balance. We should be fine for kicking goals this year provided Rankine and RT don’t miss a sizeable chunk of games again, but pressure is still a big weakness

ANB gives you a bit of everything - accumulation, skill, running, hard ball gets, and elite pressure. He improves one of our clear weaknesses from last year (Murphy) more than almost anyone currently in our depth chart

Yes it is.

And plenty of people on Bigfooty think there is nothing wrong with our club. I wouldn't be supporting my argument by saying Big Footy posters agree with me.

Meh. I have seen super drafts turn to shit. I have seen shit drafts produce amazing players.

Look at the past 30 years of AFL drafting. Pick 25 isn't as valuable as you want it to be.

Okay.... So Cook, Berry, Hamill, Schoenberg, McHenry, Edwards, Ryan, Worrell are the types of players we have picked up since 2013.

I dont think that supports your argument at all.

Why not. Things turn pretty quickly. IMO we have the list to turn it around.

I think we should trade pick 25 for Jack Lukosius instead of using a future first round pick, which we couldn't do if we traded it for ANB

No, try again.

Find the posts to show that I have been one of Hamish's biggest critics?

That's BS!

All I have said he is should move on as has been at the club too long & we need a refresh.

So you want Hamish fired, but you aren't a critic?

What does longevity have to do with anything in that profession? Stephen Wells was at Geelong for over 20 years...Stephen Conole has been with Lions for 14 years.

I think we should trade pick 25 for Jack Lukosius instead of using a future first round pick, which we couldn't do if we traded it for ANB

Well I wont disagree with that. If Gold Coast will let Luko go for pick 25 then absolutely we should do that first and then work out ANB.

I also think we should trade 25 for Oliver. We should also trade 25 for Petracca.

I just fundamentally disagree that using pick 25 to get a player for three years is a good deal
I don't disagree with this ....ANB is not a structural need, or plugging a weakness

I do disagree with the thinking that a 2nd round pick has questionable value ..... I think you need to qualify more, as there could be a 20 pick disparity from early 2nd round to late 2nd round

Worrell, Soligo, and Vince as an example were 2nd round picks .....

You also need to factor in the quality of the Draft ....this one's strong & therefore a 2nd round pick has to be valued accordingly

And pick 25 is gonna help us win a flag?

Just like all those others we have drafted around that pick - Schoenberg, Cook, Berry, Worrell, McHenry ETC! Don't wanna pass up on that.
You reckon we could in 3 years so clearly you do! Personally I’d rather have a Worrell for 10 years than ANB for 3.

But you didn’t include Soligo, Taylor or any other quality player etc on our list we took from 25 onwards

I don't disagree with this ....ANB is not a structural need, or plugging a weakness

I do disagree with the thinking that a 2nd round pick has questionable value ..... I think you need to qualify more, as there could be a 20 pick disparity from early 2nd round to late 2nd round

Worrell, Soligo, and Vince as an example were 2nd round picks .....

You also need to factor in the quality of the Draft ....this one's strong & therefore a 2nd round pick has to be valued accordingly

There you go Scorpus. Waynes World agrees with you.

Time to rethink your position.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Back