Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Newcombe brilliant as always.

Amon's tackle sealed it. Just huge. Ran a mile and threw his body in to it.

Day just goes everywhere and is so good.

We are still missing a lot of polish but so many positives.

Reeves owned English all day except for on the goal line when English over and over was the lone player in the contest.

Best win under Mitchell.
Absolutely spent. Mental demons after dropping close games over the last couple of years. Dogs were lifting late.

Said it during the game. Our players have lifted 3 weeks in a row when the opponent has gone the man. Most teams start getting rough and giving away stupid frees. Instead because we weren't retaliating, the dogs went extra hard and started giving away stupid frees

Noodle was immense and has started backing himself I'm contests

Duke was awesome. Absolute elite. He'd be regarded as the best mid in the comp if he was a top pick

Day huge in getting us back into the game

Finn the ultimate terminator

Despite dukes game, I thought kosi was probably best on ground. Provided a genuine target, stopped the dogs dropping off for easy marks. Took some amazing grabs in the last where if he doesn't the dogs are out and transitioning with ease

Kosi was close to the best forward on the ground today. Awesome effort. And Scrim as a key defender was terrific, very excited for him to move forward in this role.

What a win!
I’ve had a feeling about both those guys in the back of my mind, a feeling both would ultimately be great contributors. Both need to play for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Year Smiling GIF

Angry Scrimshaw is best Scrimshaw.

I'm not sure what's being said behind closed doors but the intensity Scrimmers has brought the last two weeks is exactly what he needed to bring his entire career.

Newcombe brilliant as always.

Amon's tackle sealed it. Just huge. Ran a mile and threw his body in to it.

Day just goes everywhere and is so good.

We are still missing a lot of polish but so many positives.

Reeves owned English all day except for on the goal line when English over and over was the lone player in the contest.
And that’s where Reeves or someone should have been to apply some body contact

Duke, Day, Nash Koschitzke & Finn (hope people are now convinced enough the important role he plays) take a bow. If we had one more real tall forward we could have won by 5+ goals.
The midfield has come of age and there is plenty of depth too in case of injuries.
I am not too concern about the back 6 - there again plenty of back up with CJ also if needed. It's the forward half we still have holes to fix. I am very confident that the club will focus on that area in recruiting this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back