Game Day Geelong v St Kilda Sat Aug 19 725pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t know if it’s poor system or laziness, but all season we have SIMPLY REFUSED to close down the short kicks. Teams have moved the ball the length of the ground with ease against us, and tonight is no exception. Meanwhile we insist on guarding worthless space that is too far from the nearest opponent to make a contest. It’s like we dare them to hit their targets thinking they can’t, and they consistently do. It’s like we’ve underestimated our opponents skill level all year. It’s mind boggling.

Dangerfield should consider retiring - probably won' though because he's the captain.
At the very least need to give up the captaincy, not a leaders arseh*le.

Dangerfield should consider retiring - probably won' though because he's the captain.
He's been dreadful tonight but only two Cats players have received coaches votes more often this season. He's had no help, has been injured and is now well cooked. Last week was his last bit of juice squeezed out of this season's orange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardest part of this isn't that we failed to defend our flag, or that we failed to 'come in hot and be a danger' but that we've exited the race with barely a whimper, or a care it seems.

I get the age, I get the injuries, I get the whims of luck and fortune, but having a fair dinkum crack, being desperate, giving it your all is entirely within your control, and we haven't always exercised them.

That's on us.

Saints kick goes 5 meters. Ump calls play on. Bowes isn't listening and so just stands there. When he finally DOES tackle Hill it's a weak tackle that lets the arms free. Hill handball gets out. Miers attempts another tackle. Again Saints player gets a handball out.

Typified our night.

Ollie Henry in the ruck! Chris Scott heard me! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back