Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

What compensation will we receive from the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

""Even now, let's be honest, we could win again this weekend and still not make the finals so it's not like finals was a guarantee." "

Our coach really flies the flag for us.

******* fire this campaigner already.
His comments regarding this have been outright insulting to a lot of the younger players that helped turn that game at the end.

Saying we lost it in the first half, well, take a goddamn look at the geriatric midfield mix you’ve paired alongside Dawson since the bye and try putting two and two together ya hack.

Us missing finals this year puts his job in significantly more jeopardy you’d think (hope).

To anyone expecting compensation or favours from the AFL - It ain’t gonna happen.

1. They f***ing hate us. Have you been paying attention for the past 20 years?
2. Even if they didn’t hate us so much, they’re too busy trying to manufacture pick two to North Melbourne for McKay.

Last edited:

Penbo dropped it this morning that there is a planned board meeting tonight, and Rowe also said that he couldnt wait to read the press release tomorrow from the club.
"Father's Day sale at Crowmania"

The moving finger writes
.. and having writ, moves on.

Did I get it right? 🤣

Nicks just on 7 news, liked his comments. He gave the boys 60 seconds to rant and get out their anger and frustration over the incident then called for them to move on and not dwell on something that won't be changed.

I don't mind that either, but I probably would have given them more than 60 seconds to discuss it as a group. 60 seconds isn't enough time for everyone to have a quick say, unless it was 60 seconds each, then fair enough.

Footy gods? No such ******* animal!
Yes there is.

Sometimes the footy gods say “it is right and justified and deserved for the premiers to get gifted pick 7”. And sometimes they say “Pick 2 for Ben Mackay sounds about right”. And sometimes they say “you four northern clubs get academies covering huge populations and all sorts of extra perks”. And sometimes they say “No mask, $50k pls”. And sometimes they say “Human error, too bad”.

Yes there is.

Sometimes the footy gods say “it is right and justified and deserved for the premiers to get gifted pick 7”. And sometimes they say “Pick 2 for Ben Mackay sounds about right”. And sometimes they say “you four northern clubs get academies covering huge populations and all sorts of extra perks”. And sometimes they say “No mask, $50k pls”. And sometimes they say “Human error, too bad”.
The footy gods sure love to smite Adelaide.

Gil did in the presser on Sunday, but it wasn't a genuine apology, the whole press conference was "nothing to see here", we dont need to fix anything. Cant wait until he well and truly pisses off.
Key points from Gil’s press conference:
  • Gill says “I take accountability on behalf of the AFL”
  • but it was human error, I’ve spoken to the umpire in question and he knows he has to own it (so it really is his fault, and his fault alone)
  • review process is ace
  • so, yeah, soz I guess
  • and no, the result won’t be changed
  • now **** off and let me enjoy my Sunday

• but it was human error, I’ve spoken to the umpire in question and he knows he has to own it (so it really is his fault, and his fault alone)
  • review process is ace
  • so, yeah, soz I guess
  • now * off and let me enjoy my Sunday
You forgot about how good crowd numbers are and how big his bonus will be.

""Even now, let's be honest, we could win again this weekend and still not make the finals so it's not like finals was a guarantee." "

Our coach really flies the flag for us.

******* fire this campaigner already.
"I mean... at the end of the day, we're all eventually going to die. So what's the point of anything really? Let's just run out the clock"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone keeps on talking the footy gods will come and look after you.

Well all I can see is bullshit.

What did the footy gods do after we have been the only club to have their coach murdered during his tenure? Saw us have three great seasons with the pinnacle being a GF where we got absolutely reamed by the maggots in the middle to give Richmond the first of three flags.

So what happens now, we get screwed over by the goal umpire (sheer incompetence), the Swans (hitting the goal post deliberately) and the AFL (we are sorry but suck it up fellas).

Footy gods? No such ******* animal!
Think we used up all our credits in 97 and 98 with the oppo kicking themselves out if it.

• review process is ace
  • so, yeah, soz I guess
  • now * off and let me enjoy my Sunday
Also dogs are loud

Richmond were a laughing stock for 37 years and came good. Our club has copped some s**t luck and some s**t bias from the AFL, but our time will come.
I really wish I had as much optimism as you, the way this comp is run I don't ever see it being our time again.

Every time we have got close we have been screwed, our finals history speaks for itself, if we hadn't witnessed it I doubt any of us would believe it.

I really wish I had as much optimism as you, the way this comp is run I don't ever see it being our time again.

Every time we have got close we have been screwed, our finals history speaks for itself, if we hadn't witnessed it I doubt any of us would believe it.
We definitely seem to have the worst luck of any side. As I'm not in Adelaide anymore, I have to blame the rest of you. Is it your hedonistic lifestyles, good wine, great beaches that have angered the footy Gods, or have a large proportion of you crossed paths with black cats, broken 7+ mirrors, walked under ladders, done deals with Satan, etc.? It's either this or disgruntled 97 and 98 Saints and Bulldogs fans have gathered around ouija boards and have destined us to the lower reaches of the ladder for eternity.

Every goal we kick we should shake the hand of the goal ump for getting it right.
Instead of celebrating goals immediately we act like every time we don't know if it's a goal or not, and wait for them to do the signal before going a review-type simultaneous "...YYYEEAHAHH!!"

Wonder if we have anything planned for if Keays kicks a goal. Last thing we want out of this is for Keays to do a smartarse celebration then get fined.

Well, the AFL is making changes for the finals, including a senior official in the score review system to have real time discussions with the umpires.

Also, the umpires have now been told to intervene if they feel the goal umpire has made a mistake. Unbelievable! Do they mean to say that they have been unable to do this obvious thing until now? I really find it difficult to believe that a senior umpire would be too scared to have intervened until being told to, yet even in the more obvious case of the Cameron out-of-bounds receive, they failed to.

We definitely seem to have the worst luck of any side.
Big time. The latest thing is is half fury at us getting robbed, and half just incredulous disbelief that it's us. Again. Mathematically it should be a 1 in 18 chance that a team that gets their season derailed on something like this, but you just knew if it was going to happen it'd be us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

Back