List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have pick 18 (23-25ish) and 23 (28-30ish) freo will want 18. And I wouldn’t let a trade for Schultz fall through based on that. Hes well worth it
Agree.
It’s possibly unders. He’s mid teens in my book.
But we don’t have that and Freo need to judge whether they are better to keep and try and convince him to stay.
Which if he leaves, they would need band 2 compo to break even.

Which they won’t get. So I think we’ll just try and be as fair as we can and leave it up to Freo to decide.

I also think nothing happens until we get better sight on the Adams trade.

Is this true? I legit just do not know.

If so, Freo have completely wedged themselves
It was a bit unlucky for Freo.
AFL cut primary lists for covid and extended Rooki lists.
So players had to be moved.
Then they also allowed clubs to just nominate who was moving. So they didn’t need to be re-drafted.

So it’s a bit of a stitch up for Freo that under these AFL Imposed rules, he is considered a delisted free agent.
Pretty harsh!!

This is all standard talk of a club squeezing what they can in a trade. Weve done it with adams and he will get traded

Schultz wants to return to Victoria for family reasons. So obviously there's been a shift in the family scene which requires him here. Don't think Freo will stand in his way under those circumstances.

If Murphy is in doubt then surely we would enquire about free agent Darcy Gardiner ?

I hope we're not. Not worth the drama.

We've had this discussion before, yes he is if the coaching staff think they can work with him.

If they don't think he's worth the time then fine, but if they do then I'd back them in to the hilt on TT.

Entirely possible that Freo say no and he walks to us next year.

Unless we offer them something that would be on par with or better than the comp they'd get next year I dunno why they'd agree to it.

I'd rather this happen with Schulz tbh given the price that is being bandied around, the have our cake and eat it too scenario would be better longer term for us.

Dan Mc was band 3 and that was 650k x4? (Is that right?)

Don’t think we’re paying more for Shultz….so that’s the starting point.

Freo can either try and convince him to stay (swans and Papley)….or understand they might not get full value.
I think they’re assuming that because Brisbane are paying silly money to Doedee and Adelaide are getting band 2, that Schultz will automatically be getting the same deal?

It’s weird logic, and a strategy like they’re suggesting is fraught with danger.

Dan Mc was band 3 and that was 650k x4? (Is that right?)

Don’t think we’re paying more for Shultz….so that’s the starting point.

Freo can either try and convince him to stay (swans and Papley)….or understand they might not get full value.

Probably $550k x 4 and some industry mayo which gets bigger every time you hear it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is that Schultz would be a DFA, because Freo previously delisted him.
The only difference is that Freo don’t have the option of matching a contract. They’re still eligible for compo.

Wowee the Freo board is laugh.

They seriously want Pick 18 and Allan. Or alternatively a top 10 pick.

I do have sympathy for them though. They are rightly saying that if Schultz genuinely wants to leave for personal reasons then why has he singled out just one club. Which is exactly the same sentiment we all had when Beams originally left…

The dicks on Fox Footy Trading Day reckon Ginni is out. FFS. We have delisted/lost 5 players and we have potentially one in at this stage. Don't write him off just yet.
The media just can't stop talking about Ginni.

It's bizarre that the first person they say who should be worried about Schultz coming to the Pies, is Jack...and not that Schultz is actually the perfect replacement for Adams who has actually requested a trade.

It's almost like those in the media can't remember the potential trades they've just spent all day talking about 🙄

Last edited:
If Murphy is in doubt then surely we would enquire about free agent Darcy Gardiner ?

We don’t currently rate pure negators.

Bro. Why you melting over what was clearly a tongue in cheek post…

Really? Wow. No he actually has form attacking me similarly here. He is not always tongue in cheek. And no melting here. But if you find him entertaining, thats fine. Other people who don't know may not. All good thats what the block is for, right. Equal respect both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

id be happy if our pick 18 can get this done, that would be a solid win for us. Would prefer we went after key position stocks, but there isn't much quality on the market and Schultz seems like a guy that would thrive in our system

Schultz wants to return to Victoria for family reasons. So obviously there's been a shift in the family scene which requires him here. Don't think Freo will stand in his way under those circumstances.
The deal will get done and GW will facilitate it, because he gets things done, and Sarge will contribute to our next flag (hopefully in 2024).

Wowee the Freo board is laugh.

They seriously want Pick 18 and Allan. Or alternatively a top 10 pick.

I do have sympathy for them though. They are rightly saying that if Schultz genuinely wants to leave for personal reasons then why has he singled out just one club. Which is exactly the same feeling we all had when Beams originally left…
Every board has their hysterical posters who want the world for departing players. It’s going to be a fun week watching the fireworks, particularly the ones that happen when they realise they aren’t a chance of getting Allan.

The media just can't stop talking about Ginni.

It's bizarre that the first person they say who should be worried about Schultz coming to the Pies, is Jack...and not that Schultz is actually the perfect replacement for Adams who has actually requested a trade.

It's almost like those in the media can't remember then potential trades they've just spent all day talking about

Well I guess the thinking is that Macrae will be a better mid (and can partly replace Tay), and Schultz will be a better forward. Ginni was already a fringe player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back