List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Duggan RFA next year as well, could be a win win situation. If he signs on, great we need to keep our leaders and he's an important player. If he leaves however we could be looking at a early first rounder if he triggers band 1 compo.

Twomey also suggested we will target English and possibly Baker next year. Said we went hard at Baker before he re-signed with Richmond.
You know that the afl will change the rules with compo and duggo would get us a end of 2nd rounder.

Like when we were screwed over for a 25 year old Scott selwood

When westcoast entered the comp west Aussies didn't flock back . Glendinning was about to retire anyway when he joined . Brad Hardie Bewick and others never bothered .
Note that the VFL deliberately delayed news on if a License was granted to allow the existing teams sign up the WA players they wanted first.

Lucky that those teams were pretty clueless about most WA players until into the 90s.

If we did as they suggest and take Curtin and dursma with 2&3 I'd be physically ill...

More interested who they have rated around our current later picks.

So our 2nd expected to land around 29.

They have Dealen at 29, ZZ 30 and Sanchez 31. Hall 33 and Charlie Edwards 34.

Id be happy with any one of those at 29.

Our pick 37 will wobble around a bit.

They have Moir going at 35, Goad 36, Lual 38, Cooper Simpson 40 and Freijah 41.

We will get Hine-Bastion as a project small defender if we want one so Lual would be unlikely IMO.

Moir Id be rapt at taking a punt. Simpson or Freijah make a whole lot of sense to add some more midfield depth.

Will we draft a project ruck will be interesting also. Im leaning towards no.

When westcoast entered the comp west Aussies didn't flock back . Glendinning was about to retire anyway when he joined . Brad Hardie Bewick and others never bothered .
Kernahan , Bradley etc never went back to SA when crows joined the comp
These are very good points but I have zero faith in the AFL to not interfere

More interested who they have rated around our current later picks.

So our 2nd expected to land around 29.

They have Dealen at 29, ZZ 30 and Sanchez 31. Hall 33 and Charlie Edwards 34.

Id be happy with any one of those at 29.

Our pick 37 will wobble around a bit.

They have Moir going at 35, Goad 36, Lual 38, Cooper Simpson 40 and Freijah 41.

We will get Hine-Bastion as a project small defender if we want one so Lual would be unlikely IMO.

Moir Id be rapt at taking a punt. Simpson or Freijah make a whole lot of sense to add some more midfield depth.

Will we draft a project ruck will be interesting also. Im leaning towards no.
ZZ and C Edwards would be ideal, Freijah 3rd choice for mine. Would love to know more about Moir’s injury and how much it contributed to his shit year after killing it as an underager. I’m a firm no for the project ruck, although if Freo take Collard I wouldnt put it past us to pick M Edwards with 37 out of spite.

When WCE entered the VFL the rules around recruiting from existing clubs were very restrictive

Harding and Buckenara both agreed to leave Hawthorn to play for us but as is the Hawthorn way they went to court to stop them. And won

It’s 37 years ago now but people forget (or are young enough to never have known) just how hard the VFL clubs made our introduction

Props to PMBangers and the team:

View attachment 1844107

JTR
They used my photo on the front of the Guide, which is pretty cool:
2023-AFL-Draft-Guide_banner.jpg

Bendigo Pioneers Players-9.jpg
Which, incidentally was the Reid photo I used for this:
full

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t there something with Hardie the eagles basically signed him but then signed glendinning instead and that’s why he always has sour grapes when discussing anything about west coast

Props to PMBangers and the team:

View attachment 1844107

JTR
Judging by those numbers, it looks like Reid has grown another 2 cm. 187 cm is a good height for a mid these days. Should be able to hold his own in the seniors after doing his 45s in the gym.

Judging by those numbers, it looks like Reid has grown another 2 cm. 187 cm is a good height for a mid these days. Should be able to hold his own in the seniors after doing his 45s in the gym.
Height was never an issue, I think too many ppl want a giant midfield

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be interested to know Reid's talent league averages, minus the game(s)? he was injured in.

Are these available anywhere?
Easy enough to provide the general statistics. He played the following:
Round 1 vs Rebels - 21 disposals, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 5 i50s, 2.2 goals;
Round 2 vs Giants - 21 disposals, 3 marks, 7 tackles, 7 i50s, 1.0 goal;
Round 3 vs Devils - 25 disposals, 6 marks, 1 tackle, 8 i50s, 2.0 goals;
Round 11 vs Knights - 11 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50, 4.3 goals;
Wild Card Rd vs Falcons - 27 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 3 i50s, 1.0 goal.

That is an average of 21 disposals, 4.2 marks, 3.6 tackles, 4.8 i50s and 2.4 goals.

He also played in round 16 against the Rebels and had 6 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles and kicked 2.2 goals but was injured in the first five minutes of the 2nd quarter so looking like a pretty productive game at that point.

Agreed on Curtin, he’s said that publicly too but he’s also said he’d love to stay in WA. The Tassie team stuff has ticked all the boxes including at state and federal government level, they are selling foundation memberships next year, it’s definitely happening. Spot on McKercher can’t wait to get out of there currently, but if you told him you’d pay him $2.5m a year to stay (if a team existed currently) then I reckon the answer changes. If in 2026/2027 we are still in the situation we are in now then sure, we get the #1 pick if McKercher’s career goes as projected. However I see us knocking on the door of the 8 at the very least at that point and if we end up with some bs like what the Hawks got for Buddy due to their success then I think that’s something that has to be considered.
But Andrew Dillon said on Gettable earlier this year that one of the lessons learnt from the previous expansion clubs entrance is not to dilute the draft too much when they come in because it badly hurts the teams who were at the bottom of the ladder at the time as their high picks required for rebuild are pushed back.
Which means they aren't going to be handing out high draft picks to clubs whose players get poached because it dilutes the draft too much.

Easy enough to provide the general statistics. He played the following:
Round 1 vs Rebels - 21 disposals, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 5 i50s, 2.2 goals;
Round 2 vs Giants - 21 disposals, 3 marks, 7 tackles, 7 i50s, 1.0 goal;
Round 3 vs Devils - 25 disposals, 6 marks, 1 tackle, 8 i50s, 2.0 goals;
Round 11 vs Knights - 11 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50, 4.3 goals;
Wild Card Rd vs Falcons - 27 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 3 i50s, 1.0 goal.

That is an average of 21 disposals, 4.2 marks, 3.6 tackles, 4.8 i50s and 2.4 goals.

He also played in round 16 against the Rebels and had 6 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles and kicked 2.2 goals but was injured in the first five minutes of the 2nd quarter so looking like a pretty productive game at that point.
kicks a shizen load of goals.

I think with the new draft pick trading paradigm where picks can be traded up to the last minute etc that makes the whole concept of a Phantom Draft pretty moot. You have no idea which clubs will hold which picks when the time comes.

When WCE entered the VFL the rules around recruiting from existing clubs were very restrictive

Harding and Buckenara both agreed to leave Hawthorn to play for us but as is the Hawthorn way they went to court to stop them. And won

It’s 37 years ago now but people forget (or are young enough to never have known) just how hard the VFL clubs made our introduction
Was really hoping Bucky would end his career with us. Exceptional player.

You know that the afl will change the rules with compo and duggo would get us a end of 2nd rounder.

Like when we were screwed over for a 25 year old Scott selwood
It’s not changing the rules. We know where it’s going. $850k this year, ~$900k next year.

Duggan will not get band 1 and will be lucky to get band 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back