News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

I am concerned that as the North Melbourne Football Club enters its 3rd year of its partnership with Puma, is the club aware that the global sportswear manufacturer is involved in violations of international law and human rights? Puma is the main sponsor of the Israel Football Association (IFA), which includes teams in Israel’s illegal settlements on occupied Palestinian land.

In addition, Puma’s current and past exclusive licensees in Israel have operations in illegal Israeli settlements. This is abhorrent and I am extremely disappointed that no one at the club failed to vet Puma on an ethics scale but also on a humanitarian one.

Israel’s military occupation expels Palestinian families, including children, from their homes to give way for these settlements. Israeli settlements are considered war crimes under international law.

How on earth is North associated with such a company?

More than 200 Palestinian sports clubs have called on Puma to end the sponsorship deal and stop supporting Israel’s illegal land grabs.

Puma markets itself as a company that cares about equality yet it funds the apartheid the IFA helps sustain.

I will not be supporting Puma any longer. North has always found itself on the right side of history. From our inner-city location, working-class background and a determination to succeed, to welcoming refugees and to being big advocates for the Huddle program and community engagement, Puma is not fit for purpose and does not share the shame values as the club.

Do better North.

I am concerned that as the North Melbourne Football Club enters its 3rd year of its partnership with Puma, is the club aware that the global sportswear manufacturer is involved in violations of international law and human rights? Puma is the main sponsor of the Israel Football Association (IFA), which includes teams in Israel’s illegal settlements on occupied Palestinian land.

In addition, Puma’s current and past exclusive licensees in Israel have operations in illegal Israeli settlements. This is abhorrent and I am extremely disappointed that no one at the club failed to vet Puma on an ethics scale but also on a humanitarian one.

Israel’s military occupation expels Palestinian families, including children, from their homes to give way for these settlements. Israeli settlements are considered war crimes under international law.

More than 200 Palestinian sports clubs have called on Puma to end the sponsorship deal and stop supporting Israel’s illegal land grabs.

Puma markets itself as a company that cares about equality yet it funds the apartheid the IFA helps sustain.

I will not be supporting Puma any longer. North has always found itself on the right side of history. From our inner-city location, working-class background and a determination to succeed, to welcoming refugees and to being big advocates for the Huddle program and community engagement, Puma is not fit for purpose and does not share the shame values as the club.

Do better North.
Absolutely, hope we cut ties asap. Will be writing to the club- affiliation with Puma is against everything we stand for.

Imagine when tazaa hears about Rudolf Dassler's links to the Nazi Party and the SS. Puma could be the first company to be both anti-semitic and zionist at the same time.
Well, Puma has been the official kit supplier to Beitar Jerusalem on a number of occasions. This is the Beitar Jerusalem that is commonly accepted as the most racist club in Israel and possibly the world.

Beitar have some particularly charming supporters, as described on Wikipedia:
"The most vocal supporters of Beitar Jerusalem make up the controversial nationalist La Familia group.[38] These fans are well known for their opposition to integrating Arabs into the club and they are proud of the fact that Beitar Jerusalem is the only team in the IPL that has never had an Arab player, although it has had several non-Arab players of the Islamic faith. Fans in and out of the stadium's stands chant anti-Arab and racist slogans — as "Death to Arabs".[4][5] The club has also been penalized many times for the behavior of its fans"

Attachments

• 1699179439324.png
    1699179439324.png
    517.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 1699179596255.png
    1699179596255.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 59
Which apparel company would you prefer tazaa?
Honestly mate, anyone whose profits don’t go towards supporting war crimes.
The club prides itself on being the first team to not have pokies and partnering with the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation because of the damage it does to the community and to minors - but then our jumper partner is tied up in Apartheid?
We need to be better.

Do better North.
Maybe this needs to be brought to the attention of the AFL considering it such an important issue which the AFL would not want to be part of, that 4 clubs are using their apparel...Carlton, GWS, North and Richmond...

Bought one on the weekend at the game - it’s great. I just saw an ad for a bunch of other “just you wait and see” merchandise but this is my favourite. The white version is lighter weight for anyone who is looking and the sizes are much smaller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do better North.
Puma has ended their sponsorship of Israel’s national football team.

Do better North.

Too funny. I hope you go through your whole wardrobe with such concern. You won’t have much left!

Has this been posted yet?

2024 Members Hoodie

Looks pretty cheap unfortunately, but at least it isn't Carlton colours :huh:

1702440076016.png

Last edited:
Has this been posted yet?

2024 Members Hoodie

Looks pretty cheap unfortunately, but at least it isn't Carlton colours :huh:

View attachment 1871064

Looks like they forgot we don't wear the pinstripes either (rebadged 2020/21 stock maybe?)

2024-NMFC-Member-Scarf__49470.1700537651.jpg

Is it raining where you are?
Nah mate, its been 30-38 for the past fortnight.

Still, this Nordic complexion could use one at the beach though.

An umbrella that doesn't break at the first gust of moderate wind is severely under-rated.

Buy once, buy right.

NSW winter rain kills several shitty brollies for me every year.

Nah mate, its been 30-38 for the past fortnight.

Still, this Nordic complexion could use one at the beach though.

An umbrella that doesn't break at the first gust of moderate wind is severely under-rated.

Buy once, buy right.

NSW winter rain kills several shitty brollies for me every year.
We don't even get winter rain in my part of NSW.

This heat is fcuked tho. It hasn't been under 22 degrees here for a month. Except once or twice, briefly, under hailstorms.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back