News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

I am concerned that as the North Melbourne Football Club enters its 3rd year of its partnership with Puma, is the club aware that the global sportswear manufacturer is involved in violations of international law and human rights? Puma is the main sponsor of the Israel Football Association (IFA), which includes teams in Israel’s illegal settlements on occupied Palestinian land.

In addition, Puma’s current and past exclusive licensees in Israel have operations in illegal Israeli settlements. This is abhorrent and I am extremely disappointed that no one at the club failed to vet Puma on an ethics scale but also on a humanitarian one.

Israel’s military occupation expels Palestinian families, including children, from their homes to give way for these settlements. Israeli settlements are considered war crimes under international law.

How on earth is North associated with such a company?

More than 200 Palestinian sports clubs have called on Puma to end the sponsorship deal and stop supporting Israel’s illegal land grabs.

Puma markets itself as a company that cares about equality yet it funds the apartheid the IFA helps sustain.

I will not be supporting Puma any longer. North has always found itself on the right side of history. From our inner-city location, working-class background and a determination to succeed, to welcoming refugees and to being big advocates for the Huddle program and community engagement, Puma is not fit for purpose and does not share the shame values as the club.

Do better North.

Mate please tell me this was sarcasm and you’re not being serious?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

An umbrella that doesn't break at the first gust of moderate wind is severely under-rated.
In my experience, this is frustratingly impossible, no matter what the manufactorers claim.

I love that logo.

A decade ago my NRL team, Parramatta went back to the logo they used in the 1980's and 90's and I wish North would do the same and return to this one.

Last edited:
Someone ******* make a legit authorised and decent quality Roos umbrella already.
This! I can not believe its almost "2024", and we don't have a legit authorised and decent quality umbrella, quite unbelievable. I would have thought everywhere around Australia, umbrellas would be used, goodness me, the market you would think would be ripe for the taking! I know what its like here in South Australia and Melbourne is worse because you can get all four seasons in one day. In saying that its been happening over here too lately. Can you imagine the sales if done properly! Imagine how happy the fans would be....
Animated GIF

I love that logo.

A decade ago my NRL team, Parramatta went back to the logo they used in the 1980's and 90's and I wish North would do the same and return to this one.
Would love it also. But the AFL (and its clubs) are too obsessed with "thinking forward" and progressing, they're too scared to be seen to be going backwards (in most cases).

This! I can not believe its almost "2024", and we don't have a legit authorised and decent quality umbrella, quite unbelievable. I would have thought everywhere around Australia, umbrellas would be used, goodness me, the market you would think would be ripe for the taking! I know what its like here in South Australia and Melbourne is worse because you can get all four seasons in one day. In saying that its been happening over here too lately. Can you imagine the sales if done properly! Imagine how happy the fans would be....
Animated GIF
You can't take an umbrella into an AFL stadium as I understand so I imagine that would tend to discourage the clubs and the merchandising companies from licensing as people don't automatically equate rain and umbrellas with buying supporter gear to go to the football.

Of course, the same could be said for beach towels, yet they license and merchandise those.

You can't take an umbrella into an AFL stadium...

Of course, the same could be said for beach towels, yet they license and merchandise those.

If I want to take a beach towel into the MCG next September to sunbathe in the outer as the mighty kangas steamroll their way through the finals, then the AFL ain't stopping me!

You can't take an umbrella into an AFL stadium as I understand so I imagine that would tend to discourage the clubs and the merchandising companies from licensing as people don't automatically equate rain and umbrellas with buying supporter gear to go to the football.

A logical and brilliant post Colbys Boots, but {I guess you knew there was a but coming} for all the people that walk to work, even if they catch a bus/train or drive and have to walk the rest of the way when its pouring, the umbrella is a must! People I'm sure go through lots of umbrellas a year{if they are cheap ones} and the pride of showing off your team on a gloomy day is very appealing.

Like you said though, with beach towels and even other things they license and merchandise them. Weather{ sorry I had to do that } it was a small one or large one I would still buy one if not two. the difference between a dull black umbrella or lighter colours to a beautiful blue and white umbrella with our logo in large on it, in my opinion is not even a contest! :north:
Money Rain GIF by Weather Underground

Last edited:
I am concerned that as the North Melbourne Football Club enters its 3rd year of its partnership with Puma, is the club aware that the global sportswear manufacturer is involved in violations of international law and human rights? Puma is the main sponsor of the Israel Football Association (IFA), which includes teams in Israel’s illegal settlements on occupied Palestinian land.

In addition, Puma’s current and past exclusive licensees in Israel have operations in illegal Israeli settlements. This is abhorrent and I am extremely disappointed that no one at the club failed to vet Puma on an ethics scale but also on a humanitarian one.

Israel’s military occupation expels Palestinian families, including children, from their homes to give way for these settlements. Israeli settlements are considered war crimes under international law.

How on earth is North associated with such a company?

More than 200 Palestinian sports clubs have called on Puma to end the sponsorship deal and stop supporting Israel’s illegal land grabs.

Puma markets itself as a company that cares about equality yet it funds the apartheid the IFA helps sustain.

I will not be supporting Puma any longer. North has always found itself on the right side of history. From our inner-city location, working-class background and a determination to succeed, to welcoming refugees and to being big advocates for the Huddle program and community engagement, Puma is not fit for purpose and does not share the shame values as the club.

Do better North.

puma isn't involved, Isreal is involved.

If woolies sells some water to a criminal does that mean woolies are criminals? no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got one of the new NMFC jackets, it's pretty great. While the darker colour isn't exactly classic NMFC, it does look great and will be easier to wear non-game day.

Yeah but that sort of thinking is what led to West Coast's ill-considered decision to switch from royal blue to navy blue the year after they won their second premiership. Focus groups have a lot to answer for.

puma isn't involved, Isreal is involved.

If woolies sells some water to a criminal does that mean woolies are criminals? no.
It’s the endorsement of illegal settlements which is a war crime and in breach of international law that needs to be called out.

If it’s not good enough for Adidas why is it good enough for Puma?

It’s the endorsement of illegal settlements which is a war crime and in breach of international law that needs to be called out.

If it’s not good enough for Adidas why is it good enough for Puma?
It's not an endorsement, you're drawing too long of a bow. If every company had to vet their customers the world would stop.

Where do you stop? Most companies are linked to Israel, it doesn't mean they endorse breaking international law.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not an endorsement, you're drawing too long of a bow. If every company had to vet their customers the world would stop.

Where do you stop? Most companies are linked to Israel, it doesn't mean they endorse breaking international law.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They’re (were) actively sponsoring teams in the illegal settlements, it’s a pretty blatant endorsement of colonialism & genocide. Not like the teams were just buying their products.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back