List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our future first is going nowhere if we are seriously full into B.Smith as reported in here.
The club would have an understanding of the likelihood of pick purchasing coming in.

The club would have an understanding of the likelihood of pick purchasing coming in.

Wouldn’t it be better to use those picks that we have Pick purchased on more talent as well as smith.

As North with all the picks they are getting could turn into the new GWS of a few years back or us of the 3peat side so we will need as much talent as possible to be able to go with them.

Wouldn’t it be better to use those picks that we have Pick purchased on more talent as well as smith.

As North with all the picks they are getting could turn into the new GWS of a few years back or us of the 3peat side so we will need as much talent as possible to be able to go with them.
If you want to ignore the list strategy, sure.

You don’t change your strategy based on what other clubs might be doing though.

I know you have it in your head that we should just draft draft draft, but that’s simply not the clubs strategy, and nor should it be.

We’ve got a tonne of talent on the list already, to the point where a Pick 6 and Pick 7 are playing at Box Hill most weeks.
What the focus will be after this draft is the continued development of those already on the list and targeting of trade and FA’s for specific roles.

If you want to ignore the list strategy, sure.

You don’t change you strategy based on what other clubs might be doing though.

I know you have it in your head that we should just draft draft draft, but that’s simply not the clubs strategy, and nor should it be.

We’ve got a tonne of talent on the list already, to the point where a Pick 6 and Pick 7 are playing at Box Hill most weeks.
What the focus will be after this draft is the continued development of those already on the list and targeting of trade and FA’s for specific roles.
I mean the club is been quite open about our strategy. Yet we still have ppl arguing that we need to keep hitting the draft. Save those high picks because the draft is so important. I am all for differing opinions but if the club is already on a path. You sprouting they should hit the draft for those high end draft picks to compete with North <== ****ing lol at that is just fruitless exercise.

I mean the club is been quite open about our strategy. Yet we still have ppl arguing that we need to keep hitting the draft. Save those high picks because the draft is so important. I am all for differing opinions but if the club is already on a path. You sprouting they should hit the draft for those high end draft picks to compete with North <== ******* lol at that is just fruitless exercise.
I think some people just want the club to draft year on year until we pick up Franklin and Roughead again….

It’s not happening.

Clarkson loved Liam Stocker in 2018, rated him top 10 and offered our 2019 first rounder to get him at 19 - that would have cost us Will Day.
It's not as though the teams who have received future picks have gone that much better. Lachlan Ash, Miles Bergman, Brodie Kemp were all future picks traded out.

Drafting is drafting, there are hits and misses - but I'd wager the teams who intentionally trade into / forward in drafts for specific players have way better outcomes than those who trade back for as yet unsettled assets.

Our future first will only be on the table on draft night imo. Wouldn't make much sense to do anything right now. İf a player is available that we like at 8-9, then we'd be asking that club to have their phones at the ready. Walking away with two top ten pix would be great. But ONLY if the player we rate, is still on the board.

Described to a TEE.

How does that work? They are both contracted.

Have we found some loophole the AFL will crack down on?
I could be wrong, but because we've committed to picking them up as rookies this is essentially just a technicality to shift them off the main playing list. contracts are still honoured by us unless another club chooses to rookie draft them ahead of us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does that work? They are both contracted.

Have we found some loophole the AFL will crack down on?
No, this isnt new. You can delist s player but you wear the salary cap impact of their contract. Assuming you expect no one to draft them, it is the way to move someone from senior to rookie list. It means they are both dfa though. Only relevant for stephens i guess.

No, this isnt new. You can delist s player but you wear the salary cap impact of their contract. Assuming you expect no one to draft them, it is the way to move someone from senior to rookie list. It means they are both dfa though. Only relevant for stephens i guess.
And is this done because you can only be a rookie for x amount of years? So we need to move Newcombe from the rookie list to senior list?

Still curious how this works in theory.

You delist, commit to pay their contract. Then recontract them for 1$ on rookie list.

or is there minimum salaries to be paid on relisting, which would mean both make extra $$$.

Few days back Port delisted a player who is contracted for 2024. Essendon delisted a contracted player last month too.

Maybe when they delist, they mutually agree to pay 70% of contract and the remaining 30% gets paid on relisting.

Works for all if some other club plucks them off us during the Delist signing period( as Hugh Greenwood was signed by Norf when Suns delisted him with promise to relist)

You delist, commit to pay their contract. Then recontract them for 1$ on rookie list.

or is there minimum salaries to be paid on relisting, which would mean both make extra $$$.

Few days back Port delisted a player who is contracted for 2024. Essendon delisted a contracted player last month too.

Maybe when they delist, they mutually agree to pay 70% of contract and the remaining 30% gets paid on relisting.

Works for all if some other club plucks them off us during the Delist signing period( as Hugh Greenwood was signed by Norf when Suns delisted him with promise to relist)
they get paid the same contract but any team can now pick them up as a delisted free agent or in any of the drafts

And it's a safety net for the player because it means he's guaranteed to still be on an AFL list next year. We've told both we'll pick them up. No-one will pick Chad from the DFA pool because he's deeply committed to us (and out injured til the bye) but in Stephens' case it gives him the scope of another club taking him before us and giving him the opportunity to be playing senior footy whereas with us the reality would be most of the year at BH. Either way he's good.

Delisting doesnt void the contract. Both parties could end a contract but in this case delisting is just a procedure to move them to the rookie list.

What are the odds that they'll crack down on it now we tried it?

I expect a scathing article tonight...

S6ezUK8R_400x400.jpg
its been happening for years, and other clubs are doing it this year too

It's clever business by the hawks on Wingard and Stephens

And is this done because you can only be a rookie for x amount of years? So we need to move Newcombe from the rookie list to senior list?
I think in this case it is more about freeing up list space so we can take more picks to the draft. You can only use picks in the draft up to the number of senior list places you have. The more picks we have the more points we have to match bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back