Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm stoked there is a game at Manuka, but I hope it doesn't snow again in that fixture.

The difficulty of our draw is a tough one. It doesn't help that our more exciting "rivalry" match ups are generally against sides that were good last season, but it also strikes me that it could be just as much punishment for the racism saga and investigation.

As a fan who would love to go to the Hawks game in Geelong will be interesting to see what it will be like to get tickets for that game…
It’s the easiest game for me to get to so I’m hoping there will be enough tickets available.

Their stand will finally be done so hopefully there will be some tickets available.

Doesn’t matter how hard the draw is. If we are good enough it doesn’t matter.

There will be always some easy games depending on what time of the year e.g. * and suns become u/16 level in the last couple of games of the year.

Finals should be the goal but if what keeps us from reaching it is our draw. We weren’t going to do anything in September anyway.

The Pies, Giants, Crows, Cats and Tigers twice in 2024 also means we're not playing Lions, Dees, Port, Blues or Suns twice, and they're all a big chance to be top 4-6 sides to my eye.

I don't fear the Crows with that midfield, nor the Tigers or Cats who most think are quite possibly at the end of their 'contending' periods.

I think this draw is going to be a good enough test that if we are to win enough games to challenge for finals we'll have beaten some really good sides and excited the competition. That's a good thing.

You know how it works.

The better performing clubs get the better time slots to maximise the TV audience and advertising revenue.
I don't agree with it, but it's the AFL funding model and the clubs accept it.
yeah totally sound logic, until you see north having 2 prime time matches in the first half of the year...

There's always something to complain about in footy - but I think having double up games against Geelong and Collingwood is great. And North double ups is a good little bonus as I think they'll stay down longer than West Coast (who always rebound pretty well after a visit to the bottom).

i refuse to go full conspiracy nuffy, but what am i meant to say when the AFL clearly hate hawthorn - there's no arguing against the fixture and the day and sicily suspensions.

i don't often miss jeff, but days like this i do - he'd be in the afl's ear while gowers will roll over.

The difficulty of our draw is a tough one. It doesn't help that our more exciting "rivalry" match ups are generally against sides that were good last season, but it also strikes me that it could be just as much punishment for the racism saga and investigation.
Nah that's just their justification for doing us over again whether we're successful or not on the field they just keep bending us over for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i refuse to go full conspiracy nuffy, but what am i meant to say when the AFL clearly hate hawthorn - there's no arguing against the fixture and the day and sicily suspensions.

i don't often miss jeff, but days like this i do - he'd be in the afl's ear while gowers will roll over.

Mate when Jeff was president people whined every year about ‘tHe FIXtuRe’ - year in, year out, rinse and repeat. So what exactly did ‘getting in their’ ear that entire time do? We haven’t been given 90% Sunday twilight games this year, we’ve been given attractive opponents at the MCG mostly on Saturday afternoons which is a good family friendly time slot to get out to the games. We only have one Marvel home game and it’s not against a Marvel tenant like this year. We have one trip only to Perth and it comes after the bye which will help with travel. We don’t have any 5 day breaks. It’s not remotely a bad draw.

3 out of the last 10 games in Melbourne sucks. Every year I get more and more frustrated with the tassie deal.
6 of our first 8 are in Melbourne.

There's always something to whinge about.

yeah totally sound logic, until you see north having 2 prime time matches in the first half of the year...

They don’t though. They have two Friday games but they’re in the afternoon on Good Friday and during gather round - hardly prime time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back