Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be partly because we play the premiers twice. But we don't fear them at all.

I assume the break from the week prior to gather round plays part too?

Pies play saints Thursday night and we play Easter Monday then they’ve scheduled us to play the pies? Perplexing tbh I can cop a day or 2 difference like anyone else but that was strange.

I don't get how it's not good commercially. A side that's finished near bottom for consecutive seasons isn't going to get many, if any, prime time games on Thursday or Friday. We have home games at the G against big Melbourne clubs and Geelong except for the game against Adelaide and Sydney who our rivalry can inflate turnout. Replacement games will likely be against Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood. Only one home game to be a Sunday twilight game at this point. It'll be the best draw we have had commercially for a long while.
I think it is OK commercially.

I thought there was a system for the fixture whereby we play other teams in the bottom 4 twice. And the only 1 game against the top 4 or something like that.
Ditto.
It looks like a tough start to the season for us, but our dbl ups aren't that bad imo. Only 2 made finals (top 4)
We generally like playing Coll'wood. I'm sure the Pies will be keen to make amends on last yrs result, so it should be a good game.
Adelaide are basically peers with us in terms of list development.
Richmond - I'm happy to play them twice.
Cats - surely on the way down.
Norf & GWS. Meh. Would've preferred WCE twice.

I don't get how it's not good commercially. A side that's finished near bottom for consecutive seasons isn't going to get many, if any, prime time games on Thursday or Friday. We have home games at the G against big Melbourne clubs and Geelong except for the game against Adelaide and Sydney who our rivalry can inflate turnout. Replacement games will likely be against Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood. Only one home game to be a Sunday twilight game at this point. It'll be the best draw we have had commercially for a long while.
One prime time fixture for the season (a Saturday) and it’s against Gold Coast. Essendon have 6, Richmond 7, despite only being a couple spots above.

I get it, it’s probably about what we should expect given where we are at and have been. But I guess there was a part of me that thought we might get a little more or a leg up on predicted improvement (like carlton and bombers have in previous years).

Sure - why try and look on the bright side when we can all just wallow and misery. I'll take this draw every day of the week compared to the monstrosity of this year's when I went 4-5 weeks without seeing a game at the G multiple times.

There was two months between the first two MCG games. Still beggars belief.

That said, the only way we get a night game is we have to start winning.
Those with a memory will know that is not a way it works at the AFL.
We have been given horrible fixtures when we were good and bad?
No doubt our fixture will improve slightly when we get better. But the AFL will still work out a way to give us a horrible fixture.

Those with a memory will know that is not a way it works at the AFL.
We have been given horrible fixtures when we were good and bad?
No doubt our fixture will improve slightly when we get better. But the AFL will still work out a way to give us a horrible fixture.

I remember the year a lowly Melbourne said their fixture was bad. Then it was almost identical in badness to hawthorns, who were on going finalists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's too bad: Collingwood, Adelaide, Geelong, Giants, Richmond, North twice. Collingwood is annoying and the Giants should be solid but i'd have the rest outside the 8. Geelong and Richmond are two sides who could realistically drop. Not getting West Coast or Gold Coast at home for an easy kill is annoying.

Ditto.
It looks like a tough start to the season for us, but our dbl ups aren't that bad imo. Only 2 made finals (top 4)
We generally like playing Coll'wood. I'm sure the Pies will be keen to make amends on last yrs result, so it should be a good game.
Adelaide are basically peers with us in terms of list development.
Richmond - I'm happy to play them twice.
Cats - surely on the way down.
Norf & GWS. Meh. Would've preferred WCE twice.

Seven or so times collingwood haven’t avenged the previous loss though

We need to play more consistent footy and have our supporters show up in greater numbers if we want better time slots.

Double ups are pretty good. Getting Port away again is annoying but no game at the SGC or the Gabba works in our favour. I’m stoked with the GWS game in Canberra. The snow game was the last time I’ve seen the Hawks live.

Need to be beating teams like Richmond, Adelaide Geelong and GWS to climb the ladder and we get two chances at each.

Rounds 1 and 3 are games we should be targeting early in the season.

still have 6
From a reserved seat member point of vote, it’s a shame that we’ve lost another MCG home game. Only 5 now.
That’s what I’m flat about mate. Bloody pay all this money and we get to sit in our seats 5 times. I understand the one marvel game against brissy but having to play Richmond there is an absolute joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back