News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the push back against throwing in some other jumpers?

Have a look around the world at some of the biggest sporting franchises and what they do.

I like the design of the jumper, but it's not a clash jumper.

If we don't actually care about clashes we should wear our home jumper as much as possible. The big Vic clubs fight to use their home jumper and ignore the clash rule as much as possible for a reason.

Having a few other options instead, sure. The gather round option worked quite well last year. As does the indigenous one. Use them sparingly.

I know it's not a new design but....

This...

View attachment 1863061

Is a million miles from this....

View attachment 1863062

It's giving me confidence that when the new logo comes in, they won't do anything stupid. Someone there has an idea of what looks good.
Yeah the penny has dropped. Use the hoops and popular retro designs. They’ll resurrect the first away jumper next.

I like the design of the jumper, but it's not a clash jumper.

If we don't actually care about clashes we should wear our home jumper as much as possible. The big Vic clubs fight to use their home jumper and ignore the clash rule as much as possible for a reason.

Having a few other options instead, sure. The gather round option worked quite well last year. As does the indigenous one. Use them sparingly.
Why?

I'm completely fine with having a home guernsey and an away guernsey. Especially when it's schmick like this one.

Is the red kit still getting used? Not in the player model pics, but looks as if it’s in the locker in the video (or is that meant to be the ressies jumper?)

Looks to me that this is the 'red' clash, with an entirely red back, and gather round will be the blue.

I get what they are doing but if the AFL were fair dinkum they wouldn't allow that as our clash. It's very similar to our main jumper in color
Afl Finger Wag GIF by Adelaide Crows

"Remember my point of the year. AFL be like my bi*** till I say we even".

Why?

I'm completely fine with having a home guernsey and an away guernsey. Especially when it's schmick like this one.

Ultimately, its about sales. I dont mind the club changing the look, recycling old looks in the away jumpers / clash. Its a good way to raise some coin.

There is jumper idea i would love to see us use again.

images

Ultimately, its about sales. I dont mind the club changing the look, recycling old looks in the away jumpers / clash. Its a good way to raise some coin.

images

If they brought this one back it would sell out quicker than the gather round guernsey did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

Our home guernsey is our identity and has been since the start. In a world where clashes don't exist or matter, I don't get the point of changing our identity when we play away (aside from marketing dollars of course)

Our home guernsey is our identity and has been since the start. In a world where clashes don't exist or matter, I don't get the point of changing our identity when we play away (aside from marketing dollars of course)
It is all about marketing.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

images
I've never been a fan of this one.

Seems too much try hard (faux) heritage. Also, the reason I am not a massive fan of the AFC monogram.

Our club was born in the 1990s.

That is our club's heritage.

Something I think the 2024 clash jumper and heritage round jumpers capture quite well. Throwback to the 90s preaseason jumper.

90s enough without being neon happy pants.....

How is this jumper not our identity?

The club embracing our traditional logo which is actually a crow makes me feel a lot better that the club finally understands its identity.

We come back up the ladder wearing actual Adelaide Crows garb and I'll just pretend the last 15 or so years didn't happen.

I've never been a fan of this one.

Seems too much try hard (faux) heritage. Also, the reason I am not a massive fan of the AFC monogram.

Our club was born in the 1990s.

That is our club's heritage.

Something I think the 2024 clash jumper and heritage round jumpers capture quite well. Throwback to the 90s preaseason jumper.

90s enough without being neon happy pants.....

You're not a fan of it because they beat your treasured Port Adelaide football club in it ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back