Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Corey McKernan had one of the most dominant seasons in VFL/AFL history and was robbed of a Brownlow for an incident that would attract a fine at most under current rules.

Job used PEDs and was subsequently rumbled, leading to him having to hand back his Brownlow.

Only one of these scenarios is an injustice. The other is called cheating.

And it begins…the let’s get Jobe his medal..from another media outlet picking up the story.
My answer remains same……f&$$## no.

Not one of Mike's better efforts. How can it be a miscarriage of justice if the verdict is still guilty? The initial AFL verdict was blatant sweeping under the rug - hence it being challenged by a higher body. Jobe's naivety is no defence. Neither is his playing ability relevant. His integrity and character is no alibi. What has Andrew Dillon's ascension to CEO got to do with anything? Or the 100th year of the Brownlow. There are literally no grounds to hand the medal back unless the guilty verdict is one day overturned.

Oh hell no……l think Mike is well and truly off his meds if he thinks this is okay.
So are we going to reinstate Lance Armstrong’s 7 tours….or Ben Johnson’s 100m .
Seriously l couldn’t give a *#&#&#& about aw poor Jobe…he had a brilliant season …it’s been sooo long ….he’s a wonderful individual now….f&#&#& off..
How about Corey or Chris Grant…..there still waiting…and there’s probably more…..
It just gets me fired up when numpty journalists think to write a puff piece like this …and it gains traction…
HE‘S A DRUG CHEAT AND WAS STRIPPED ACCORDINGLY… only to be reaffirmed in the Geneva sports arbitration court….
So my view is no, no followed by no and an overwhelming f&#&# no….forever.😡

It's harsh to lose your brownlow through no direct fault of your own. Your club screwed you over Jobe, they got away with it and you lost your career. They're a shitshow run by clowns with personal business interests. They should have lost their license.

But at the end of the day, the reason Jobe won it in the first place was because he was he was on the juice. Aware or not doesn't matter.

Puff pieces like this to make us feel sorry for the player are disingenuous. Write about how the EFC ****ed him over instead.

I found Jobe’s medal
ur,pin_large_front,square,600x600.jpg

Corey McKernan had one of the most dominant seasons in VFL/AFL history and was robbed of a Brownlow for an incident that would attract a fine at most under current rules.

Job used PEDs and was subsequently rumbled, leading to him having to hand back his Brownlow.

Only one of these scenarios is an injustice. The other is called cheating.
Absolutely 💯🍺

Not one of Mike's better efforts. How can it be a miscarriage of justice if the verdict is still guilty? The initial AFL verdict was blatant sweeping under the rug - hence it being challenged by a higher body. Jobe's naivety is no defence. Neither is his playing ability relevant. His integrity and character is no alibi. What has Andrew Dillon's ascension to CEO got to do with anything? Or the 100th year of the Brownlow. There are literally no grounds to hand the medal back unless the guilty verdict is one day overturned.
nicksplat doug GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is this puke?... what a friggin circus they run at Tulla..

Can someone pls photoshop some Tyre marks on the sash's and make it look like an oppo supporter has driven over their filthy, drug ridden jumper!

View attachment 1867462
Lol, It’s not long now till the marketing department takes over and you know which way they’re going.

il_794xN.5571380148_baeb.jpg

And it begins…the let’s get Jobe his medal..from another media outlet picking up the story.
My answer remains same……f&$$## no.

for me the astonishment is that people give 2 shits about the Brownlow. Most irrelevant accolade in the game, awarded by try hards who were never good enough to play it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back