Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, a quick shout out to say thanks for keeping all media and socials about Essendon in one place. Makes it much easier to keep updated.

A very festive season to you all!

Who cares if they haven’t won a final in two decades, in the land of Mike Sheahan they had great success standing up to that evil global body wada.
Jobes looking at getting his Brownlow reinstated and Goddards moved to Hollywood with a film deal.

The highlights are below.

I'm just looking forward to next year when Benny racks up the same average number of disposals (12.2) per game as he did this year, at the rather "modest" cost of $65,217.39 per game or $5,345.69 per disposal.

This is based on his purported salary of $1,500,000 next year and assuming he plays all 23 games (a feat he has never managed before averaging 8.875 games per year since he started in the caper).

That should really warm the hearts of all those passionate *bomber fans you would have to think.

Of course he may do better than that because you never know, the *bombers may go all the way and win the whole thing.

Or not.

I'm just looking forward to next year when Benny racks up the same average number of disposals (12.2) per game as he did this year, at the rather "modest" cost of $65,217.39 per game or $5,345.69 per disposal.

This is based on his purported salary of $1,500,000 next year and assuming he plays all 23 games (a feat he has never managed before averaging 8.875 games per year since he started in the caper).

That should really warm the hearts of all those passionate *bomber fans you would have to think.

Of course he may do better than that because you never know, the *bombers may go all the way and win the whole thing.

Or not.
nba all star yes GIF by NBA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At what point do you think they will start to realise how fu*ed they are with Brad at the helm?

End of year 3 if they haven't won a final.

End of year 5 if they have won a final but not truly competed. with this option it is likely he'll have 2 years to run on his contract.

I am experiencing a serious case of deja vu right now.
I said this exact thing to my nuffie bummer mate. I said he hasn’t changed, he is taking the identical approach to an outdated game plan that was inferior 10 years ago, he is saying the same shit, the Utah training which has no benefit, should train in Lorne instead, would get exactly the same results, going after average free agents and will miss on recruiting genuine stars.

deja vu 100%

Or not.
He’ll get smoked too.. an ageing hawkins will have 12 goal assists and kick 5

He’ll get smoked too.. an ageing hawkins will have 12 goal assists and kick 5
They identified key forwards can kick big bags on them, rather than do the difficult team thing and rectify the non existent pressure up the ground, they went all out to recruit a full back.

Benny is going to laughing back there.

Last edited:
Them winning a final is definitely a possibility under Brad if he can remove some of the pervasive pea-heartedness that runs through their current squad. Question is can he do it before he munts their list, both in terms of list turnover and the blokes that stick around?

IMO he's good at getting players committed on gameday (though under him we were only prone to truly switch on when up against it yet switch off when it should be an easyish game/quarter), as in most of the squad would play reasonably hard and not shirk the tough stuff, but his gameplan and too much of the off field stuff is somewhere between average and rubbish. Maybe the Essendon bags of cash and The Hanger:tm: will help in some regards, but frankly that's probably offset by the shithouse internal politics running through the joint.

I think that if we can survive the first 2 years without a final win then it's smooth sailing for the thread from thereon out. That minute long plead for the fans not to heckle him for the club not meeting goals (that they don't set teeheehee) has me thinking we're probably safe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back