Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think Wizza can spend a little bit of time in midfield.?
I think we already have a bit of a headache trying to get midfield time into all of Ward, Croc, Frenchy and Maginness, don't think we need to stress about getting the Wiz in there too.

I think we already have a bit of a headache trying to get midfield time into all of Ward, Croc, Frenchy and Maginness, don't think we need to stress about getting the Wiz in there too.
I guess I should have been more specific.
Just a few minutes to get him in the game and get a feel for the footy. Fwd pocket can be a lonely place sometimes.

I'm blooming excited about this kid.

Just a few minutes to get him in the game and get a feel for the footy. Fwd pocket can be a lonely place sometimes.

I think having him spend a little bit of time on a hbf will be a good spot to get him some possessions. Or get him to push up the ground more as a forward and use his kicking going inside 50.

I think having him spend a little bit of time on a hbf will be a good spot to get him some possessions. Or get him to push up the ground more as a forward and use his kicking going inside 50.

Looking at his highlights, distribution by hand and foot in close is Caleb Daniel like. To have that and a goal kicker would be something

I must admit I was lazy and picked the next smallest player

Looking at his highlights, distribution by hand and foot in close is Caleb Daniel like. To have that and a goal kicker would be something

I must admit I was lazy and picked the next smallest player
He definitely has similarities besides just being short with Caleb Daniel.

The hope is his extra speed and agility will see him be able to find more of the ball forward of centre.

He’s going to be a very good player if he’s getting it 12-20 times a game.

Papley is an All Australian forward (2021), Pickett, Rankine, Rochelle and Weightman are not. Clearly he is a league above those 4.
Rankine will be better than Papley and likely Pickett as well. Rachele probably need Crow's fans to tell us. Wightman likely not in Papley's league.

Watson is a rare specimen as a small forward chosen with a very high draft pick. While Papley is a very good player I don't see him as clearly elite and that's what we are hoping for with Watson I assume. Hopefully comparisons to Rankine, Cameron and co in the future.

Yep. That's a much better idea 👍

I agree with H00t (below). I'd throw him to HB for a run, not midfield. I think I've read that he's actually played a bit of HBF this season so the role/geography wouldn't be lost on him.

"blooming excited"
Ease up on the language there big fella, this is a family forum

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t get a leg tat Wiz

I'm a fan of the shit leg tatts tbh, especially with the dumbass under-age story.
Just hope when he gets some real stuff done he gets something proper and aesthetic, currently unsure on how many good tatts there are in the AFL but there can't be many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At what point do we say he's a failure? Our fans are toxic and I give it half a season before the masses try and trade him
Vine Wtf GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back