Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to get a win even though it was against North who are easybeats, a bigger percentage booster would've been nice though.

Some positives with Wilson turning into a star, Hayes and Wood having a good impact on their return and Webster got better too

King was the worst of our inclusions, he got one gifted goal from the umpires and took one good contested mark and did SFA else.

He needs to lead up to the ball more around CHF like Riewoldt did instead of staying back at full forward where he gets swamped.

Hayes showed him how it's done, he knows when to lead and when to stay back, he has less talent than Max but more know how.

Good returns for Hayes, Wood and Webster.

Sincs, Hill and Nas were good.

Howard's best game in a very long time.

King, Pou and Owens were very ordinary. King won't be dropped and Owens has runs on the board, but I think Pou will get a rest.

Bonner, for all his assets, turns it over far too often. I think he needs to be dropped.

Wilson was great. Plays like he has 50-60 games under his belt.

Mate I reckon Darcy as a first year player quickly sets the standard for
All the rest.
No
Argument
Quick
Skillful
Smart
****en tough
Tank
Leadership

Leader

Just watch and follow boys

Good returns for Hayes, Wood and Webster.

Sincs, Hill and Nas were good.

Howard's best game in a very long time.

King, Pou and Owens were very ordinary. King won't be dropped and Owens has runs on the board, but I think Pou will get a rest.

Bonner, for all his assets, turns it over far too often. I think he needs to be dropped.

Wilson was great. Plays like he has 50-60 games under his belt.

Thing with Bonner is he also hit quite a few nice passes and ones that lead to goals as well.

He just needs to cut out those ones where he trys too much

Thing with Bonner is he also hit quite a few nice passes and ones that lead to goals as well.

He just needs to cut out those ones where he trys too much
Nothing wrong with Bonner mate, him and Monty and Webbie are
The sort of gut runners we need

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm now resigned to the fact that King is just not going to be the player I thought he would be.
At the moment he's about as effective as Eric hipwood.
I would trade him for larkey in an instant, would give them a first rounder to go with it.
Honestly can't see the reason for the love for pou either. Those who think he's going to be bont like are kidding themselves.
He looks to me more like a mason wood or Blake acres.
Bloody hope I'm wrong

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just looks a yard slow

Just got back from the game. We beat North... woo woo

Agree with a lot of what has been said here. Sincs went under my radar in the first half.

The thing that absolutely kills me about this side though is watching Mitch Owens wasting away in the forward line. A guy that could be a game changer, just rotting away up there. It's ludicrous. Completely doing my head in.

Oh BTW, I don't know if anyone should be upset winning by 6 goals plus, it was exactly what we needed to do.

Our problem is when we come up against a decent midfield. Roos are young and still looked a mile above us at centre clearances, until we get a prime Dusty or Cripps with support like a Cotchin or Walsh, we are really on a hiding to nothing.

Where do we get two mids like that?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

When it all clicks for King, the King hate will look very silly. Thought some of the delivery to him today was awful
It's all between the ears for King. He has all the talent in the world, but he just doesn't want it enough. It's very hard to come back from that, you can't train attitude

I don’t understand why King doesn’t lead at the kicker.
It’s like King is still playing school footy where he just stands there and tries to outreach his opponent.
It’s not just him either - that first quarter none of our forwards wanted to lead into space
Jack Hayes eventually lead hard into space and got rewarded. Darcy Wilson lead hard into space and got rewards. King , Pou, Membrey, Owens all could all learn a thing from a couple of players who have played less than 10 senior games each .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So when LDU gets here who gets to keep the #9?

Not enough love for Windhagers game today, and his last two weeks. Really starting to nail down his role in the middle. against the North mids who are of the same age he really impacts, and I think as his body matures he will start to even up and dominate against some of the better mids in the competition. Looks like his star has risen above his good mate Mitchito's again.

Wilson is so enjoyable to watch. And Garcia and Hattie providing some nice cameos as well. The kids pulled their weight today.

I'm pretty confident Max will come good. It's just a frustrating period in his development, but I'm not sure any more exactly how good he actually can be. Just need him to be a 60 goaler.

Hayes, Wood, Webster all solid ins. Definitely made the team so much better structurally. Having a lead up, clunk and kick it forward is just so, so good. The fact Hayes is industrious and dynamic in the ruck is an added bonus.

Hopefully, a couple more enjoy another solid whiteout for Sandy tomorrow and can work their way into the team next week.

Anywho, I think we should take Howard off the trade table this week. I wonder who we put on it?

It's all between the ears for King. He has all the talent in the world, but he just doesn't want it enough. It's very hard to come back from that, you can't train attitude
It his coaching mate. It’s not there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back