Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krueger must play. Should've played against Freo. We need a monster wrecking ball up forward and it ain't Reef or AJ. Remember Darcy Moore always got injured in early days and came good, same with Curnow.

Pendles' arm is a worry.

Hindsight is 20/20, but taking Checkers the ageing warhorse (he is a good horse, unlike Mauvais Cheval who is a complete a*hole) to Perth 3 weeks after a hammie was a risk. Being decimated by injury forced their hand.
Checkers just needed a seat upgrade - stretch the unhappy hammy on the flight over

Screenshot_20240526-084152~2.png

I'll probably miss this week - just confirmed I have "draw awareness".

PS - is there a difference between "hamstring tightness" and "hamstring awareness?

Decent question. I’d take a stab and say that awareness is where you can feel it tighten up transiently without the experience of tearing it or “letting go” during activity as with a spasm or series of spasms, tightness is more of a prolonged sense of the hamstring being on tension even at rest.

I do hope we keep our backline alone despite Frampton being needed to chop out in the ruck. He’s been too good down back. We conceded 5 unanswered goals without him down there and lost the game.
Yep we’re 0-2 without Frampton this season, 6-1-2 with him in there. Pretty important and needs to stay partnered up with Moore all year. Howe and Dean can be the interchangeable parts down back.

I’m hoping we bring in Reef and Kreuger for Checkers and Cox, and Cameron plays a bit more out of the middle and less time rotating up forward as needs be.

Pendles' arm is a worry.

Hindsight is 20/20, but taking Checkers the ageing warhorse (he is a good horse, unlike Mauvais Cheval who is a complete a*hole) to Perth 3 weeks after a hammie was a risk. Being decimated by injury forced their hand.
We get zero points if Checkers didn't play. Those two points might be crucial at the end of the year.

Reef would not have had the same impact.

Nobody would argue that.

Nor is it hard to understand why the club would take the risk with Checkers, but...

As players get past 30 the chances of a hammie tear recurring increase. Older players need more time. Sports scientists know that, so the club would be well aware of the risk they were taking.

The club picked him and won the 2 points, but lost Brodie. 🤷‍♂️

FIY, if he's strained it again it's another 3 weeks minimum (together with an increased chance of tearing it again). If it was just tightness/awareness, he'd need scans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody would argue that.

Nor is it hard to understand why the club would take the risk with Checkers, but...

As players get past 30 the chances of a hammie tear recurring increase. Older players need more time. Sports scientists know that, so the club would be well aware of the risk they were taking.

FIY, if he's strained it again it's another 3 weeks minimum. If it was just tightness/awareness, he'd need scans.
Fingers crossed. I trust Wadey and whoever else runs our fitness department.

Nobody would argue that.

FIY, if he's strained it again it's another 3 weeks minimum. If it was just tightness/awareness, he'd need scans.
He lasted long enough to set up a 5 goal lead. Worth the risk.

He lasted long enough to set up a 5 goal lead. Worth the risk.

Or one could argue that he was rusty on his return and couldn't run the game out which is part of the reason we didn't get the 4 points.

Semantics.

Reef is unlikely to return.

I'd try to give a full game to Parker in some capacity. He was raw but he wasn't a liability.

Has he got the fitness levels yet to rely on him for a full game?

Krueger must play. Should've played against Freo. We need a monster wrecking ball up forward and it ain't Reef or AJ. Remember Darcy Moore always got injured in early days and came good, same with Curnow.
He’s due for some luck - but my fear is his wrecking ball is indiscriminate and friendly fire is a constant risk.
Fix that, and he is a great option.

Or one could argue that he was rusty on his return and couldn't run the game out which is part of the reason we didn't get the 4 points.

Semantics.
Not really semantics just a different viewpoint. Kreuger being the option … worth the risk for me .

Losing Cox too was an issue even though he wasn’t doing that great, it forced Cameron to ruck virtually solo with no resting ruck being a marking target (and Frampton being hopeless)

Multiple injuries on game day are unusual and we have copped them three games running with three or even two left in the bench for large chunks of time, predominately affecting the forward line. Mihocek needed to play this week and the risk was worth taking imo.

Probably not considering he will miss at least the next 3 games

There are two games and then a bye, hard to see him missing three games with hamstring awareness only.

Semantics.
Brody has come back from a hammy after missing only 2 games in the past, however, this time it backfired and I think it was a mistake to bring him back too soon. It was probably a risk we needed to take but now he will miss more games. I reckon we'll be more cautious this time as 3 weeks is just too soon for a hammy, he should have missed 3 games

Probably not considering he will miss at least the next
We don’t know that yet. I think hindsight is a bit too convenient, clearly if he’s out three weeks that’s not ideal but the two points we took home that should have been four will be valuable.

We will get cattle back including McInnes DeGoey WHE…. And Kreugs will get his chance… maybe even a surprise MSD selection…. plus we have two byes back to back coming up including North lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back