Game Day Round 12, 2024: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensively really excellent half… they haven’t goaled themselves in reality…

Bloody frustrating second part of that quarter though. Had a chance to effectively end the game but went back to a bit of stupid hawthorn for about 15 minutes. It is way closer than it should be.

Going to be pretty disappointed if we let this one go. Hopefully get a better scoreboard return in second half but you imagine they’re going to start kicking a few eventually so we have to start taking our chances

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disappointing CJ. Great half. Completely suffocating their ball movement. Lost our way a little going forward in the 2nd half of that quarter. Almost too defensive minded.

Defensively really excellent half… they haven’t goaled themselves in reality…

Bloody frustrating second part of that quarter though. Had a chance to effectively end the game but went back to a bit of stupid hawthorn for about 15 minutes. It is way closer than it should be.

Going to be pretty disappointed if we let this one go. Hopefully get a better scoreboard return in second half but you imagine they’re going to start kicking a few eventually so we have to start taking our chances

There on the ropes and merely counter punching when they can. Well well on-top and I emphasised well twice for a reason but we kept them in it because we went back to a bit of old Hawthorn habits and a silly bit of play by CJ. We also needed to go quickly much more to Dear 1 out. Had ample opportunity to give him a genuine contest instead we waited till they dropped numbers back. Have more faith in the kid.

Umpiring never breaks the way you would like it to but on balance I am loving the way we are playing.

If you trademark style is going to be aggressive defensive pressure and positive offensive running I am on board.

Loved seeing players adapt and palm the ball to advantage, with such a young team this could be a differentiator. Quick reflexes and go.

Dear hasn't set the game alight but has often been outnumbered and brought the ball to ground. Neeves has been reliable and predictable spilling it front and centre when he's been the long target.

A lot to like, polar opposite of early in the year.

Umpires are very cautious to keep the free kick count close, hold the lead but don’t expect us to get the ones deserved as they have to keep it close, expect some interesting once in the second half but keep the pressure up and it doesn’t matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic to call that a reversal in the context of the back and forth.

Still think it's silly from CJ but c'mon.
Umpire was right there waiting for a retaliation too. He needs a please explain, cop a fine and be dropped for 3 weeks, pathetic umpiring

There on the ropes and merely counter punching when they can. Well well on-top and I emphasised well twice for a reason but we kept them in it because we went back to a bit of old Hawthorn habits and a silly bit of play by CJ. We also needed to go quickly much more to Dear 1 out. Had ample opportunity to give him a genuine contest instead we waited till they dropped numbers back. Have more faith in the kid.

Felt like a few times we didn’t trust Dear in the 1v1 which is disappointing. The one where Gunners took the mark, waited 10 seconds for them to flood back, then torped it straight to ROB wasn’t great.

Happy we
If CJ didnt headbutt we may well have got a 50m penalty.

Its 100% on CJ. Noone else to blame for that dumb crap.
100%. We had the free kick and an easy shot on goal. Absolutely no need to rub there face in it just get on with kicking the goal. If you really feel the need to rub his face in it, be smart and do it AFTER the goal.

First thing he’s done too. Been completely anonymous… needs to lift

Did a few nice tap ons and a good intercept deep in our forward line but we need him to provide an outlet down the wing, he's running around a bit aimlessly ATM and getting caught out of position

In the real world if someone chokes you, you’re entitled to defend yourself.
In the afl world the person who is being attacked and then defends gets punished.

Cj should know better… but it would be great if umpires could acknowledge why a player would retaliate and perhaps punish the player who initiates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back