Game Day Round 12, 2024: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like a few times we didn’t trust Dear in the 1v1 which is disappointing. The one where Gunners took the mark, waited 10 seconds for them to flood back, then torped it straight to ROB wasn’t great.
Exactly what I was referring to. Had ample time and space and we allowed them to flood back.

In the real world if someone chokes you, you’re entitled to defend yourself.
In the afl world the person who is being attacked and then defends gets punished.
Watch the footage again. Yes he grabbed his throat, but then CJ pushed him away and that was the end of the contact. CJ then went after the Crows player and head butted him. Can hardly say you are defending yourself when he had already done that with the push away.

Umpire was right there waiting for a retaliation too. He needs a please explain, cop a fine and be dropped for 3 weeks, pathetic umpiring
Adelaide player is initiating it and puts hand on throat and all umpire can think is. "don't give it away how can I give Adelaide a free kick here*" Why is he not shouting "Don't give away a 50" he's going into it with the mind of looking for a freekick against Hawthorn, not worrying about what Adelaide is doing or he'd have paid the high contact 50 for the throat grab.

I don't deem it a headbutt, didn't make contact maybe gently brushed the shoulder at most.

Felt like a few times we didn’t trust Dear in the 1v1 which is disappointing. The one where Gunners took the mark, waited 10 seconds for them to flood back, then torped it straight to ROB wasn’t great.
He's young and light, once he fills out the oppo won't be able to out body him

Looked like Dear gave a DDT there.
Unintentional for sure.

However that ended up being a more dangerous tackle than almost all the others players get pinged for. Could’ve really ended badly for the Crow defender.

Astounded it was just play on.

Have to say it’s frustrating watching us at times. Ruthless sides when they have teams drowning they just turn the tap on harder and put the hose down their throat. We will learn that again though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back