Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dream a while back that we had the dons by about 60 points, and were behind the Blues by three goals mid game. Who knows how that turns out, but had a dream we played the lions in a granny, and it came true. Right down the the warm day šŸ˜
I have had lots of dreams that didn't come true.

However, this is a family friendly site and I can't mention them here.

I wasn't confident last week. In my time I have seen plenty of examples where a team grinds through an injury crisis showing incredible fight, gets troops back and then breathes a sigh of relief and drops intensity. Being at the game on Saturday, low intensity was the thing that stood out.

I am confident this week, and I also think our best is still the best. Not happy that we keep getting injuries, but if it finally stops we could have some fairly fresh troops come finals time.

Yeah I was being facetious. I understand what was said šŸ˜‰

I still think it was a bit of a swipe with the 'playing above our talent' comment though.
Itā€™s a fair point. Nick daicos canā€™t possibly be that good.just like his old man, everything he does is a fluke.

Last edited:

Way more confident against Geelong than I am Bombers

Their form has been spotty which means they're scheduled to play like Brownlow Medallists tomorrow

Given our penchant for letting teams off the chain early, I'm not overly enthused.

Gabelich reporting Josh will play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say we're once again taking an unnecessary risk, but at least it's a corkie.

So unless that spot gets hit again, you can't really "make something worse" with a corkie can you?

I'd say we're once again taking an unnecessary risk, but at least it's a corkie.

So unless that spot gets hit again, you can't really "make something worse" with a corkie can you?
His leg might fall off.

Way more confident against Geelong than I am Bombers

Their form has been spotty which means they're scheduled to play like Brownlow Medallists tomorrow

Given our penchant for letting teams off the chain early, I'm not overly enthused.
Bro, like Anzac Day? šŸ¤¢

Maybe not this time around, but, beating the Bombers wouldn't fill me with any more confidence. Suppose they were on the way down last year, and look what happened round 23?

Even if we beat Geelong, we have Richmond? Potential banana peel. Then the Hawks. God forbid. The Hawks will be frothing. Need to avoid ANOTHER ambush.

Let's hope we can start strong, and maintain it. Kind of like the Dogs game, but turn up for the last quarter šŸ™„

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dd880f9dbab5b37d117768b6bacea5b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this comment on the Essendon board (by an Essendon supporter) and felt enormous pride in being a Collingwood supporter. I happen to agree with it.

I maintain that no one in the competition can handle injuries more than Collingwood. I swear that club constantly plays above their talent. It's like being a Collingwood player makes them put together a win through the strong desire to win alone.
Ha, ha, i don't think he means a "back handed compliment" by describing us as "playing above our talent". I think what he is explaining is the phenonomen of a champion team, which has a total strength greater than the sum of its individual parts. Each player is elevated by the others. The talent of each individual player is enhanced by being part of such a team, which is so united by its drive to win, the commitment of each team member to each other, and the refusal to ever give up.

Josh Daicos named...giving him every chance to get up.

Essendon bringing in Dylan Shiel šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back