Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal Twomey suggested we could trade Baker and Bolton to Fremantle for picks 6, 12, 15, and then Dan Rioli to Gold Coast for picks 7 and 10 (we'd likely have to give a sweetener back the other way).

How would people feel about this? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Rocking up to the draft with 1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15 plus possibly a couple of second rounders, that's a crazy start to a rebuild.
I wouldnt have the balls to do it, but it would be fun to see if we had a crystal ball.

I wouldnt have the balls to do it, but it would be fun to see if we had a crystal ball.
I would, I mean, Baker is probably already gone, Rioli a good chance, and I still think Bolton is more cream than dominator and it wouldn't cripple us to lose him. All three of these leave at a time when they're worth the most they could be worth for draft capital, and with two of them likely too old for our next premiership tilt anyway. It's a big win for us and not even that unlikely of a scenario, as each trade is fair for both clubs you'd reckon.

If we can get into Brisbane's first pick too as another poster mentioned, by trading our points, man, what a draft.

I would, I mean, Baker is probably already gone, Rioli a good chance, and I still think Bolton is more cream than dominator and it wouldn't cripple us to lose him. All three of these leave at a time when they're worth the most they could be worth for draft capital, and with two of them likely too old for our next premiership tilt anyway. It's a big win for us and not even that unlikely of a scenario, as each trade is fair for both clubs you'd reckon.

If we can get into Brisbane's first pick too as another poster mentioned, by trading our points, man, what a draft.
Righto mate, dont have come in here swingin ya massive balls.

I'd rather keep Bolton. I doubt his price goes down after 1 year. If GC want to give us 7 and 10 for Rioli, they can do so.

I'd rather keep Bolton. I doubt his price goes down after 1 year. If GC want to give us 7 and 10 for Rioli, they can do so.
Freo won't have the capital next year though I guess. It's now or never on him. I'd rather keep him too. Only 25.

Cal Twomey suggested we could trade Baker and Bolton to Fremantle for picks 6, 12, 15, and then Dan Rioli to Gold Coast for picks 7 and 10 (we'd likely have to give a sweetener back the other way).

Rocking up to the draft with 1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15 plus possibly a couple of second rounders, that's a crazy start to a rebuild.
I'd almost be wanting to trade out 1 or 2 of those later picks out for a future first to have another crack at next year.

I'd almost be wanting to trade out 1 or 2 of those later picks out for a future first to have another crack at next year.
Yep at least. Can then trade into 2026. 3 years of multiple firsts. If this year turns out a dud we'd be ****ed if we had 7 picks 😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it. 3 players out, 6 picks in of a good draft. Nail it and we are building to a premiership with baby cubs in 3 years!

Pick 12 is about Baker's price. But Bolton is worth more than 6 and 15 (8 and 17 after bids). Throw in their future first and we have a discussion.

Add in Brisbane's first which we'd have to be favourites for and you've got 7 first round picks.

That's only one less than the Suns came in with 😂 😂
That would be insane. Massive rebuild in one draft.

Fair cost to us. But we;d still have a good core.

The club has pretty definitively put a line through trading Bolton.

Those guys at afl.com really tend to struggle for content and so will just put anything out there despite any evidence to the contrary
Twomey's probably the best in the business at reporting trade/draft stuff. Has good relationships with the clubs and doesn't need to resort to clickbait. Us trading Rioli, Baker, Bolton for picks was in response to a viewer question on what he'd do if he was in charge of Richmond.

I agree with him 100%.

They had Kinnear Beatson on to chat about the draft and he was talking it up as a potential superdraft. Mentioned that even the talls are emerging now, when they initally thought it would be weak year for them compared to the mids.

Now is as good a year as any to load up and supercharge our rebuild.

In a heart beat. Then get Carlton's pick by getting rid of our second and third rounders.

1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 35

I can cut 5 players (after Baker, Rioli and Bolton) from our list in a heartbeat to fill those spots off the top of my head

Grimes
Colina
Pickett
Naismith
Cumbo

That would be insane. Massive rebuild in one draft.

Fair cost to us. But we;d still have a good core.
A lot of people are against it because they think we'll be left with no senior players while the kids are comnig through, but we'd still have the following 25+ players at the start of 2025:

33 - Pickett*
32 - Prestia, Lynch
31 - Broad
30 - McIntosh*, Vlastuin, Nank
29 - Short
28 - Hopper
27 - Taranto, Graham
26 - Lefau, Young
25 - Miller, Balta

* If re-signed

That's 2/3 of a team if they all player, mixed through all positions. There's also another dozen players 22+. Plenty imo.

In a heart beat. Then get Carlton's pick by getting rid of our second and third rounders.

1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 35

I can cut 5 players (after Baker, Rioli and Bolton) from our list in a heartbeat to fill those spots off the top of my head

Grimes
Colina
Pickett
Naismith
Cumbo
Carlton will hold onto their first. I don't think either Campo twin goes first round.

Only way we could sell pick 1 to the Suns if the Suns can get pick 4(Crows or Saints likely).And yes its like repeating myself here and yes some may think he's not worth it but Lucosius should be the trade bait.Both the Saints and Crows would be interested.
Anyway the question for us is who would available @ 4 & 7?
1.(Suns)-Lombard
2.(North)-Smillie
3.(Wc)-Fos
4/(Us)-Jagga
5/.(Stk)-Draper
6/.(Freo)-Trainor
7/.(us).Allan/Langford/Lindsay/Reid/
Why would the suns take Lombard at pick one? They pick another top draftee then match for Lombard later.
Your post makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back