List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Richards hasn’t yet had a contract put in front of him. Wondering if we have a good trade offer for him and are trying to get back into the first round or using him as a package for another player.

Interesting that Richards hasn’t yet had a contract put in front of him. Wondering if we have a good trade offer for him and are trying to get back into the first round or using him as a package for another player.
It’s probably just that we are waiting to determine final list spots.

I think a mid second rounder is fair but could also see us collecting points for our f/s this year. We also have a need for players that are fringe at other clubs but have had a few years in the comp
Why any club would trade a best, or even prospective, 22 player for a second round pick or greater is beyond me. We do it all the time, and I just don’t get it. The odds of getting better in the draft are very low, not to mention the development cost.

I'm not sure he is a great fit, we need someone who is really good 1 v 1.

Well we know that Moore isn't a lockdown defender and he needs to be able to play a bit higher up in the D50, and play that intercept or third man up defensive role, and currently Moore is trying to be two types of a defender at once. If Keane can assist Moore, then it will be a handy pick up.

Well we know that Moore isn't a lockdown defender and he needs to be able to play a bit higher up in the D50, and play that intercept or third man up defensive role, and currently Moore is trying to be two types of a defender at once. If Keane can assist Moore, then it will be a handy pick up.
Hence he would be the 1v1 defender.

I think he's alright 1v1 - he's got good strength, good physical attributes and the right sort of "aggressive" mindset.

For me, having watched a bit of the crows this year, his worst performances/moments come from indecision on when to mark and when to just spoil/clear the area. This is a fairly common trait amongst young/inexperienced KPD's so hopefully that can be coached in to him about understanding the moment or situation and making the best decision at the time.

What his worth is, is probably the harder question. Played some fantastic footy this year, but also been exposed at times as mentioned above - contracted for next season, but only played 18 games - so not a really "known" quantity. I'd personally offer a third for him, but if the situation was reversed and he was requesting a trade to the crows, we'd probably be asking for a second...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence he would be the 1v1 defender.

His season with the Crows suggests he would be that player. He's actually been close to the Crows best defender this season when you consider he has taken the most marks for the Crows including intercept marks, and has had the most spoils as well. So he is playing his role well.

Keane has excellent athleticism for size- but has he got the discipline and concentration to be a high quality defender?
I'd still expect Howe to be our second best defender next year, but he'd be an upgrade on where Billy and Dean are currently at. I wouldn't want us to pay much for him though

I will confess to being a long term fan of Mark.
His lack of experience showed out against the Swans and I think he will work well in our system.
He has aggression, pretty good poise considering his background/lack of experience and good disposal.

It’s probably just that we are waiting to determine final list spots.

If he's a required player then we'll create an available list spot. That surely should never be a problem for any player you are desperate to keep.

If both the club and player are open to a trade then it's probably good practice to still put a new contact offer in front of him if only for the optics and trying to gain some leverage come trade time.

With only 4 weeks of the H&A season to go now the current situation does seem a little curious and I would assume most on here would think he's shown enough already to warrant at least a modest contract extension offer.

So far crickets.

Contracted until 2026 would make it difficult
Wants to come home. Pretty good source. I think a deal will get done. Shooter was contracted too. Could’ve waited a year and got him for free but we decided to drop our pants and let Peter Bell do his thing.

Wants to come home. Pretty good source. I think a deal will get done. Shooter was contracted too. Could’ve waited a year and got him for free but we decided to drop our pants and let Peter Bell do his thing.
I'd like him. I liked him in his draft year.
As long as we dont overpay.

Both Reef and Ollie Henry were drafted, a few numbers apart, in 2020.

Reef’s first couple of years were impacted by injury, while Ollie’s form was up and down. Until a VFL game at Coburg in May 2022, when he kicked 7 goals.

That story didn’t have a happy ending for us, but the point is that Ollie showed he had ‘it’ and we all knew it (I know his current form is down at Geelong).

Reef, to my knowledge, has never had a game in the twos let alone the seniors, where he announced himself as a player.

If he’s being played out of position for four years - as many claim on here - then you have to ask why would the coaches do that? It can’t be four years of competing objectives, conspiring to prevent him from succeeding.

I thought O.Henry was lazy and soft. Still do.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back