Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If this is true, 100% change my opinion to retain him. A transition into coaching and a bit of an onfield playing coach role could work and is a great work around of the soft cap.
Just like we did with Griggs

Available

Oliver Hayes-Brown (concussion)

Test

Liam Fawcett (back)

Jack Ross (foot)

Kane McAuliffe (hip)

Marlion Pickett (hamstring)

Unavailable

Tom Lynch, hamstring (1-2 weeks)

Campbell Gray, hamstring (5 weeks)

Tom Brown, ankle (season)

Steely Green, ankle (season)

Mate Colina, back (TBA)

Dylan Grimes, back (season)

Mykelti Lefau, knee (season)

Tylar Young, knee (season)

Sam Naismith, knee (season)

Josh Gibcus, knee (season)

Judson Clarke, knee (season)

Seriously hope they pull the pin on Lynch and just set him for a big summer

Pinched this from PRE. Horrific run with injury

View attachment 2072109
It looks like this only paints part of the picture.

I don't think that it takes into account games missed from our 2nd and 3rd stringers/depth.

For instance, if we look at Full Forward,
Lynch 19 games
LeFau 10 games
Fawcett 10 games (if he was available for LeFau)
Campbell Gray 10 games (same as Fawcett)

That's 49 games missing from a best 22 perspective just from 1 position.

I haven't got the time to go through all positions, but when you factor in games lost to our depth players then it would be substantially more than 157

It looks like this only paints part of the picture.

I don't think that it takes into account games missed from our 2nd and 3rd stringers/depth.

For instance, if we look at Full Forward,
Lynch 19 games
LeFau 10 games
Fawcett 10 games (if he was available for LeFau)
Campbell Gray 10 games (same as Fawcett)

That's 49 games missing from a best 22 perspective just from 1 position.

I haven't got the time to go through all positions, but when you factor in games lost to our depth players then it would be substantially more than 157
Capture11.JPG

Article on Lynch. Includes a discussion on Ross and Fawcett.

Looks like the club is seriously looking at putting Lynch on ice for a full pre season. And maybe Ross as well - just playign VFL

Probably the correct call

Means Lunch should get a good pre season block before and post Xmas

How bad are gold coast, least amount of injuries in the comp and still couldn't play finals
Soulless club

Surprising that GWS have managed to create its own culture and feel more part of the AFL fabric compared to Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article on Lynch. Includes a discussion on Ross and Fawcett.

Looks like the club is seriously looking at putting Lynch on ice for a full pre season. And maybe Ross as well - just playign VFL

Also Brown's shoulders are being rebuilt. He's done amazing given how impacted he must have been

Sounds like Ooze is focused on next year, and has no intention of trying to win another game if there is a chance of losing someone to re-injury. Smart I reckon ... If that is what happens

I would like to know why injures to Carlton and Collingwood are the excuse for their up and down season yet the Tigers injures mean they need to rebuild and are rock bottom.

We have had the most injuries since round 1 and to our best players. I’ve hardly heard of most Pie players that were injured early on.

I would like to know why injures to Carlton and Collingwood are the excuse for their up and down season yet the Tigers injures mean they need to rebuild and are rock bottom.

We have had the most injuries since round 1 and to our best players. I’ve hardly heard of most Pie players that were injured early on.
jealousy

Probably because without injuries we would still finish no higher than 13th

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back