Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I must admit I've jumped on the bagging Louie train most of the season for the fun of it which probably isn't great, as at the end of the day this is someone's employment.

But to get serious for a second, we really need to be careful with what we do this off-season both in terms of what is happening with our fitness department and then what we do this pre-season.

There is a chance that this could all be just a really horrible sequence of events and luck on the injury front that have just began to compound as the season has gone on, I fully acknowledge that.

But what if its not?

We cannot afford to have another horrible season on the injury front like this, and not just because of the wins and losses. Back to back seasons of this has the real possibility of destroying some of the players bodies beyond repair or at the very least, robbing them of prime years/prime development years.

And while this might sound like a bit of a long bow, I also wonder if another season of injuries could hurt our ability to attract talent from other clubs. While the fitness department wouldn't be the first thing a prospective player and their manager would be asking about, if the club has a poor reputation for looking after their players physically (and if word was to ever get around playing circles about poor injury management), I could see it having an impact on decision making when players are working out where they want to play their footy.

And of course, ongoing poor injury management could also lead to players leaving our club too.

I know there are a lot of IFs and hypotheticals in the above, but when the club does their review of the season, if there is even the slightest hint of mismanagement of players in the fitness department, I think we might have to cut our losses. We simply cannot afford to have another season like this one as the flow on effects are monumental.
It’s not ifs and hypotheticals as it’s possibly ruining careers as well or if not shortening them. Then add if injuries are high like our past two seasons then you’ll be playing in a bottom side. Therefore who would want to come and who would want to stay especially as you could be the next fatality as well.

Last edited:
This bald headed **** has no clue what Timmy is talking about

View attachment 2063803

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must retire this year as we just can’t keep a guy that plays around 40-60% of a season if we’re lucky.

From all reports he has the best football brain on the list and will end up coaching.
Keep him on a reduced contract and aim to get 15 games out of him, he is pretty much an on-field coach.

From all reports he has the best football brain on the list and will end up coaching.
Keep him on a reduced contract and aim to get 15 games out of him, he is pretty much an on-field coach.
Just keep him as an assistant then I would handle 15 games, but that maybe difficult.

Interesting from another forum.
Was obvious at the time.

"Ran into Judson's uncle (who ive know for a while) during last week, asked him how hes going, said his rehab is fine, without being to strong but mentioned it twice they sent him back out injured then he did the ACL on same knee. Thought Teague was an absolute Dhead (said that was from his bro, Judsons dad), guessing they will be happy his gone. They are a mad Essendon family."

If this is true, 100% change my opinion to retain him. A transition into coaching and a bit of an onfield playing coach role could work and is a great work around of the soft cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back