Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if he is selected, at this point I'd say it would be more likely due to the club wanting to stage manage than him.not having been dropped. The damage could already be done
Oh I wouldn’t be surprised if the damage is already done, at all

Thank god he’s contracted until the end of this decade, at least

Even if he is selected, at this point I'd say it would be more likely due to the club wanting to stage manage than him.not having been dropped. The damage could already be done
I mean there's no trust in the club whatsoever, so anything they claim shouldn't be taken on face value

He might have messed up on this particular issue this week , agree

Prob from fatigue and sore shoulders from carrying this side of panic merchants whenever the in game pressure comes
I mean, he, along with Woozle, were the only ones that actually kept their cool and performed up until the final siren last Saturday

We must have the worst comms team in the AFL, if we even ****ing have one. Have we ever addressed a negative rumour? ****ing hopeless club and administration
How do these comms guys have a job seriously , they’ve had an absolute mare this week

It’s up there with having Ogilvie for 13++ years without drafting an elite or A grade mid

I mean, he, along with Woozle, were the only ones that actually kept their cool and performed up until the final siren last Saturday
Spot on

Dawson does it every close game basically, keeps his composure and goes hard both ways while guys fold around him

He’d surely have fatigue due to lack of support

I wouldn’t drop him, and I wouldn’t trade him.

I’d play him this week with the caveat that he owes the team in spades.

Posters here are acting like there’s no problem with Rachele, but there is a big problem with him.

He needs an appropriate mentor over the off-season who can take him to the promised land.

He is still a kid and he is behaving like one, but it’s time for him to take the next step and focus on performing, week in, week out.

Otherwise he is never going to be taken seriously as a player.

Rash liked a comment I left on his instagram. I suggest everyone get in there and back him as our shitty club can’t.

**** Rory laird. Maybe start trending that on twitter it something.

Attachments

• ECCEAC8A-2F4C-4D6F-B8F9-594BEB14AE53.png
    ECCEAC8A-2F4C-4D6F-B8F9-594BEB14AE53.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 2B7074B3-965D-4493-876F-B4084C1E4EF8.png
    2B7074B3-965D-4493-876F-B4084C1E4EF8.png
    256.3 KB · Views: 174
If you think the leadership group especially the Captain would have no input into Rachel's being omitted this week if it eventuates you are delusional.
People here have invented an entirely fictional adversarial relationship between Dawson and Nicks since day one. Purely because Dawson is a good player and Nicks is a bad coach. Therefore they must hate each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t drop him, and I wouldn’t trade him.

I’d play him this week with the caveat that he owes the team in spades.

Posters here are acting like there’s no problem with Rachele, but there is a big problem with him.

He needs an appropriate mentor over the off-season who can take him to the promised land.

He is still a kid and he is behaving like one, but it’s time for him to get serious about his football.
He’s definitely in need of growth but that’s not the argument here , it’s more the amateur hour style this has been dealt with

Rash liked a comment I left on his instagram.

The guy is a kid who really doesn’t know what he’s doing, or how it’s going to impact his future.

Egging him on to turn his anger onto the club does not help.

I hope he has wiser heads around him giving him better advice.

The idea that Rachele would be dropped for the comments doesn't make sense even if you take a hard-line "no individual personalities" stance. Surely if that was the issue, you would have dropped him last week? You know, when he actually made the comments?

Unless we think a five-second goal celebration where he smiled and pointed to this teeth was the straw that broke the camel's back?

The issue now is that he could be dropped because of an injury, and Rachele himself could come out and say "yeah I got injured in the match", and fans still wouldn't believe it. They would (very reasonably) assume that it's a demotion due to this comments, and the club is just doing PR work in response to the backlash.

If the club ever bothers to do a genuine review, they should look at instances like this and ask themselves, why do we always seem to be on the back foot? Why are we always having to come out and explain ourselves? Why don't our own fans trust us?

The idea that Rachele would be dropped for the comments doesn't make sense even if you take a hard-line "no individual personalities" stance. Surely if that was the issue, you would have dropped him last week? You know, when he actually made the comments?

Unless we think a five-second goal celebration where he smiled and pointed to this teeth was the straw that broke the camel's back?

The issue now is that he could be dropped because of an injury, and Rachele himself could come out and say "yeah I got injured in the match", and fans still wouldn't believe it. They would (very reasonably) assume that it's a demotion due to this comments, and the club is just doing PR work in response to the backlash.

If the club ever bothers to do a genuine review, they should look at instances like this and ask themselves, why do we always seem to be on the back foot? Why are we always having to come out and explain ourselves? Why don't our own fans trust us?
One thing we definitely we can’t accuse the club of is ‘doing PR work ‘

It’s as if the whole PR department has gone on holidays to Ibiza 😂

People here have invented an entirely fictional adversarial relationship between Dawson and Nicks since day one. Purely because Dawson is a good player and Nicks is a bad coach. Therefore they must hate each other.
He's come from Sydney and John Longmire to the Crows and Nicks, it's not a long bow.
Chalk and cheese in football knowledge

When the captain tells the coach he needs to play him in the midfield after a year in the backlines, it's understandable

When Josh is actually selected and it's realised the club was never going to drop him because of the 'antics', can we all get back in here and laugh at each other?
Or he was going to be dropped, till they saw the backlash

The club is in such a bubble they think most supporters probably would support the action.

He's come from Sydney and John Longmire to the Crows and Nicks, it's not a long bow.
Chalk and cheese in football knowledge

When the captain tells the coach he needs to play him in the midfield after a year in the backlines, it's understandable
This is the Sydney that has Papley running around like a tosser after every goal, sooked when wanting a trade to Carlton, but still picked every week he's available and a massive part of their forward line?

We are no Sydney. We're worse.

Without putting much thought into it, it’s for a while seemed like many of our most senior players have also been our most average players with the most to lose?

As in the kids are after their spots?

This obviously happens at every club but it would be interesting to look at list balance and the players successful clubs keep as their senior players to actually encourage list change.

A core group of superstar level players would actually want their average senior players replaced without feeling threatened.

Like I said, no thought put into it and maybe the stats say otherwise but unhealthy if the case.

We must have the worst comms team in the AFL, if we even ****ing have one. Have we ever addressed a negative rumour? ****ing hopeless club and administration
Im actually torn on this.

On one hand I say **** the media. Ignore them because they always want to draw out some comment to spin, twist, quote out of context, because that's what keeps them in their shitty scum jobs.

On the other hand, yes, address the issues immediately and negate the rumour/s to shut it/them down.

But every club, not just the Crows, have private club issues they don't want the media tooling with, so if in the past, issues have been addressed immediately, a club's chosen silence, or a delay in responding on any new issue, according to the media becomes an admission of guilt.

So give them nothing all of time and their speculation runs rife.

Give them something some of the time and the first time you remain silent you're seen as being guilty because otherwise you would have responded immediately.

Give them everything they want to know and you're exposing your belly. Not one club in the AFL does that.

It's a balancing act we always seem to somehow stuff up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back