Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy is a kid who really doesn’t know what he’s doing, or how it’s going to impact his future.

Egging him on to turn his anger onto the club does not help.

I hope he has wiser heads around him giving him better advice.

To be fair, the club deserves all the anger currently directed towards it, by both players and fans.

How do these comms guys have a job seriously , they’ve had an absolute mare this week

It’s up there with having Ogilvie for 13++ years without drafting an elite or A grade mid

Amazing that Ian Shuttleworth was directly responsible for the comms and media management around the fallout from the camp and survived. It was actually handled worse than the camp itself.

Rash liked a comment I left on his instagram. I suggest everyone get in there and back him as our shitty club can’t.

**** Rory laird. Maybe start trending that on twitter it something.
Uh oh, Rachele is getting another few weeks in the gulag for that

Amazing that Ian Shuttleworth was directly responsible for the comms and media management around the fallout from the camp and survived. It was actually handled worse than the camp itself.
He’s hopeless , let’s be honest

I’m sure there are people on these pages that know more about that field than me

But he’s clearly NO good at what he does

Im actually torn on this.

On one hand I say **** the media. Ignore them because they always want to draw out some comment to spin, twist, quote out of context, because that's what keeps them in their shitty scum jobs.

On the other hand, yes, address the issues immediately and negate the rumour/s to shut it/them down.

But every club, not just the Crows, have private club issues they don't want the media tooling with, so if in the past, issues have been addressed immediately, a club's chosen silence, or a delay in responding on any new issue, according to the media becomes an admission of guilt.

So give them nothing all of time and their speculation runs rife.

Give them something some of the time and the first time you remain silent you're seen as being guilty because otherwise you would have responded immediately.

Give them everything they want to know and you're exposing your belly. Not one club in the AFL does that.

It's a balancing act we always seem to somehow stuff up.
That’s the art and skill of controlling the info

Which we are hopeless at , just another failure with same guys in same jobs year after year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing you gotta figure out about players is whether they respond to the carrot or the stick.

To me, Rachele very much looks like the former.

Now, that doesn’t mean you let him get away with whatever the f*ck he wants, but it means you’ve gotta handle him a certain way to get the best out of him.

A wise head has to really put the time into this kid. It’s the only way he’s going to get better.

The AFC is renowned for completely f*cking up these delicate situations.

I'm somewhat torn.

On one hand, I hope Rachele and a couple of our other gun kids ruffle feathers and request trades at season's end.

On the other hand, to protect their own arses, I'm fearful the hierarchy will circle the wagons and back Nicks in ahead of these kids.

Will set us back 5 years or more.

That’s the art and skill of controlling the info

Which we are hopeless at , just another failure with same guys in same jobs year after year
I think we're very "old school" in how we approach the media. We still think locally and we control through threats of "we'll revoke your access". For a local journalist that's an absolute killer, so if they get out of line they'll back track quickly when they get the stick wagged at them. Rowie does it all the time for example.

National media and in a digital landscape? Those threats don't work nearly as well if at all.

AFL Media trolling us with the timing of the announcement. Loving the timing of their post. Nicks would be hating it and sucked in to him.
The AFC posted it as well pretty much immediately. Just as this way blowing up.

Which makes me think this might all end up being a total mountain out of a molehill, and in 5hrs time Rach will be selected on the ground for this Saturdays game.

AFL Media trolling us with the timing of the announcement. Loving the timing of their post. Nicks would be hating it and sucked in to him.
Has the club celebrated the announcement on their social accounts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back