Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bias and ignoring things works both ways. Rachele is a particular problem because many of his efforts are so bad that they jump up and hit you in the face, repeatedly. We don't need to look closely. The issue is that they are far too great a percentage of his total efforts and represent a fundamental problem that needs addressing, his excellent efforts notwithstanding.

Keane is very similar. He goes from very good with disposal to very bad with one-on-one defence. Another fundamental problem needing addressing.

Noone wants to get rid of either, just for them to get rid of their problem side.
No... You can't say many of his efforts are bad. This is a loaded statement. Massive confirmation bias.

If "too great a percentage" was goung wrong he wouldn't be 1st in goal assists.

There is a minor problem. And in context of the AFL rubbing out Crouch for pure attack on the ball, it will have a number of young players having 2nd thoughts.

He's not perfect by anymeans, but as a 3rd year player in a bottom 4 side his numbers stack up.

If the players think Rachele deserved this it's worse than we thought. They've been brainwashed by Nicks and his loser stench
Takes me back to the Jacko Jackson era at MELB ....now there's a case of a player that never gave 2 ***** about the team

Club persevered of course .....but it was a circus ....look at me, look at me

Trouble was, Jacko could really play .....40 odd games & he's gone
____________________________________________________________________________________

The other example of a player who was individual over Club ....was Allen Jackovich, an absolute superstar .....he scrapped together 47 games

This really feels like one of those parents who has had a shit day, and then takes it out on the loudest kid when they get home.

Rachele has been made a scapegoat for the team being unable to get the job done. Damn it Josh, if only you weren't so ****ing talkative and excitable, then the rest of us might have played better!!
Rankine ..... Betts ....

200.gif

Grow up and become a leader? Like Laird? God no wonder this club and far too many of its supporters are content with mediocrity. Probably think it was good with got rid of Stengle and his bad boy ways. Don’t need AA talent in our change rooms!!
IIRC most on this board were comfortable with Stengle being axed .....probably if he was playing like he is now at GEEL, that view would have been different

Good players are almost forgiven anything ..... I'd imagine most PORT supporters are fully supportive of Houston's actions on Rankine .....it's how sport goes

What are you on about?

I'm not saying that the club choosing to isolate Rachele as a scapegoat follows any kind of sensible logic.
Did you say this ?
Damn it Josh, if only you weren't so ****ing talkative and excitable
That was my response to a silly comment .....Rankine & Betts are also huge celebrators, so you have missed the mark by a considerable margin

As soon as the media shellacking he got after the Essendon game earlier in year came about the club should have stepped in to support him and yet they left him out in the cold, he's been copping it all year from media and general public about being soft.

They continue to lock him outside and make him work to be let in the door.

While Murphy all year has been lying on a fur rug in front of a fire

I'd be frustrated too if I was young player seeing that.
This. The club has made him a target. I think he must be pretty mentally strong 21 y.o. as others may have cracked by now.

Find it pretty damning the club hasn't congratulated Rachele on being named in the best 22 under 22

They did last year!

Should be a full article on the AFC website instead it's some bullshit from Kelly about him being omitted due to having a personality.
1724328055842.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you say this ?

That was my response to a silly comment .....Rankine & Betts are also huge celebrators, so you have missed the mark by a considerable margin

Do you even read posts before you respond to them?

I can assure you, the point of my post was not that everyone who celebrates goals is or should be penalised by the club.

Naming other players who happen to celebrate goals (one of which wasn't even at the club during Nicks' tenure) is absolutely irrelevant. And then you punctuated your irrelevant point with a mic drop animated GIF?

Just because the club decided to hit a low-water mark today, doesn't mean you need to follow suit.

I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure clubs don't run the official websites.
They don't do the design aspect, that's centrally done ....but most websites give the owner the ability to upload their own content

Find it pretty damning the club hasn't congratulated Rachele on being named in the best 22 under 22

They did last year!

Should be a full article on the AFC website instead it's some bullshit from Kelly about him being omitted due to having a personality.
Yes they did, it was on the clubs official Instagram page as soon as the news came out

Do you even read posts before you respond to them?

I can assure you, the point of my post was not that everyone who celebrates goals is or should be penalised by the club.

Naming other players who happen to celebrate goals (one of which wasn't even at the club during Nicks' tenure) is absolutely irrelevant. And then you punctuated your irrelevant point with a mic drop animated GIF?

Just because the club decided to hit a low-water mark today, doesn't mean you need to follow suit.

I admit I am against his over celebrating but personally I dont even really care that much. It is also not the reason why he was omitted. As I said, I think there is a feeling he just doesnt do enough on game days and has an attitude.

But the gall to punish Rachele for this while accepting Murphy is an astonishingly bad look for the club.

I admit I am against his over celebrating but personally I dont even really care that much. It is also not the reason why he was omitted. As I said, I think there is a feeling he just doesnt do enough on game days and has an attitude.

But the gall to punish Rachele for this while accepting Murphy is an astonishingly bad look for the club.
I think some defenders of the club are forgetting that football is ENTERTAINMENT

Part of it is the teeth celebration on the night, but that is something that should have been handled in house. But the AFC, and I guess it includes the leadership group, has publicly crucified Rochelle as the reason Port Power were as fired up as they were and of course acted on field, and which otherwise the AFC would not have had to contend with.
Who, in this club is sufficiently capable of guiding it through these self destructing balls ups ?

If you're correct, that it's his on-field performance and attitude at issue, then the coaches needs their collective heads examined.

Again, he is our leading goal assist player, and the competition's best young small forward. He plays a difficult role and still kicked 30 goals this year.

As for his attitude, he adores the club. Loves celebrating with his teammates.

The only thing that makes the slightest sense is that the club has decided to discipline him for not following instructions - and when the instructions in question seem to be "if I hear you say teeth one more time..." it just makes the club look pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back