Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

They were very poor. Thing is they have shown the ability to turn a game and are both under 23. Switta will be 28 next year and has never played a game that you go “wow”. If he was on the Eagles we would be laughing that their best small forward has never kicked 20 in a season or 3 in a game.

This is the wrong thread for this though cos Switta was actually good yesterday and this thread is about that game.
Meh. Good is pretty basic.
Know what supporters remember ? Missing set shots from 40m out.
Sure he gets good pressure and set up a goal. But cannot trust him to kick goals.
16 in a season. What he there for ? Banfield, Frederick, Walters, Sturt have all kicked more goals and have been dropped at one point throughout the season.
He’s a hard working player, that’s fine. Just lacks any X factor

Fanastic.
The club need to decide this off season to fast track Reidy and Knobel and say you’re in if Darcy or Jackson aren’t fit or performing.
Jackson and Darcy were garbage this season. Got nothing but injuries, underperforming and using way too much salary cap
Darcy should not have played this season, that’s on the club not him IMO, find it hard to put too much blame on him for toughing it out as long as he did

They were very poor. Thing is they have shown the ability to turn a game and are both under 23. Switta will be 28 next year and has never played a game that you go “wow”. If he was on the Eagles we would be laughing that their best small forward has never kicked 20 in a season or 3 in a game.

This is the wrong thread for this though cos Switta was actually good yesterday and this thread is about that game.
Yeah see your wrong about Switta, he's the only one out of our small forwards that can go up the ground and effect the contest. Schultz was the other.
Our breakdown is the lack of pressure from our other small forwards.
The fumbling is a team virus.

Yeah see your wrong about Switta, he's the only one out of our small forwards that can go up the ground and effect the contest. Schultz was the other.
Our breakdown is the lack of pressure from our other small forwards.
The fumbling is a team virus.
we would have fumbled covid yesterday it was embarrasing.

People are happy to ignore how piss weak Amiss last 3 games were. Like you said, physically beaten by Zerk Thatcher of all people, all freaking day!

0 marks and 2 kicks after quarter time.

He averaged 8 disposals a game this season. When he's not kicking straight, his minimal touches are worthless. The days of minimal touches as a forward are long gone, JL simply has to get him more involved.

To be fair, he’s pretty young as far as key position players go. The tools are there but his fitness needs to improve. Right now the opposition defender is rebounding off his poor defense. He’s often cooked after 2-3 repeat 60-80m chases. He’s someone who should improve significantly with another preseason. He’ll make a Treacy transition to big dog at some point in the next 1-2 years. Same with Jackson.

With Amiss, clubs identified his strengths of movement and leading patterns, and now his opponents hold, block and scrag him off the ball to limit him getting the separation. If his name was Curnow he'd get 3-4 frees a game. Sometimes he does get on a good lead and is ignored.

I get the impression that many people commenting on here don't actually go to the games. The stuff that happens off the ball can't be seen on TV.

With Amiss, clubs identified his strengths of movement and leading patterns, and now his opponents hold, block and scrag him off the ball to limit him getting the separation. If his name was Curnow he'd get 3-4 frees a game. Sometimes he does get on a good lead and is ignored.

I get the impression that many people commenting on here don't actually go to the games. The stuff that happens off the ball can't be seen on TV.

Yes.

I laugh my arse off at people critical of Walker for the free against the drug cheat.

That free is what should be paid to Amiss every time the ball comes in

I don't think there's any point discussing Amiss. It's very hard to lead a forwardline as a 21 year old KPF.
I agree it's very hard, but are you actually happy with some of his efforts over the past month? I'm hard on him, because I see him as being incredibly talented. But I'm not at all happy with is game yesterday, he gave us zilch in a must win game (though he wasn't alone)

I agree it's very hard, but are you actually happy with some of his efforts over the past month? I'm hard on him, because I see him as being incredibly talented. But I'm not at all happy with is game yesterday, he gave us zilch in a must win game (though he wasn't alone)

Jye Amiss has kicked 10 less goals in his first three years than Josh Kennedy kicked in his first 5.

Cut the kid some slack

Did I say he's no good? Or did I say he was poor yesterday? Cut some slack, or use commonsense and understand the difference eh?

Sure…21 year old key forwards will have days like that…remove Curnow and McKay has days like that all the time, and he’s late 20’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure…21 year old key forwards will have days like that…remove Curnow and McKay has days like that all the time, and he’s late 20’s.
Lach, while I have your attention, I'm curious, what's your views on Luke Jacksons season and what role do you see him playing going forward? Do you believe he will live up to the hype? Not being a smartass, just legit interested.

It's hard to criticise because with no Treacy, he's the whole focus of a defence for half the game. I think he needs to be better at dealing with close checking but that's a strength and time thing I'm sure. He had to shoulder too much against three top 4 teams.

Am I happy? No I suppose not but at the same time, I don't know what to be upset about coz its a borderline impossible task hes been given (remembeing the quality of everyone under 190cm up there). It'd be like having Davies and Draper down back solo for a month, I wouldn't expect much.

Lach, while I have your attention, I'm curious, what's your views on Luke Jacksons season and what role do you see him playing going forward? Do you believe he will live up to the hype? Not being a smartass, just legit interested.

His first 5 or 6 games were excellent. He was marking better, and had burst speed away from the packs.

After that he was poor to average, depending on the week.

He’s not a ruck who can play long stints in the ruck. He gets beaten up. At 199 he’s not big enough, which makes him try early leaps etc

And that was a match committee mistake. Reidy should’ve played earlier.

I liked him as the third big in the forward line. It works. And he can ruck in the forward line.

To that end, I’d actually trim him down a little in the off season. I want an emphasis on pace not bulk with him. I want aerobic capacity, for him to break open the forward area for Amiss and Treacy. To be the link man.

His first 5 or 6 games were excellent. He was marking better, and had burst speed away from the packs.

After that he was poor to average, depending on the week.

He’s not a ruck who can play long stints in the ruck. He gets beaten up. At 199 he’s not big enough, which makes him try early leaps etc

And that was a match committee mistake. Reidy should’ve played earlier.

I liked him as the third big in the forward line. It works. And he can ruck in the forward line.

To that end, I’d actually trim him down a little in the off season. I want an emphasis on pace not bulk with him. I want aerobic capacity, for him to break open the forward area for Amiss and Treacy. To be the link man.
Playing Jackson at the start of each quarter in the ruck was dumb coaching. The opposition ruckman was rested and could jump. Let Reidy bang him up for 5-10 minutes then unleash Jackson.

Playing Jackson at the start of each quarter in the ruck was dumb coaching. The opposition ruckman was rested and could jump. Let Reidy bang him up for 5-10 minutes then unleash Jackson.
What's with the love everyone has with Reidy. He was terrible and let Sweet look like an All Australian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back