List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

It is rear vision mirror stuff when SoS has been gone 5 years. SoS was not perfect but I don't think Austin has been much better. Infact before the last 2 weeks with the performance of Lord, binns and Moir, Austin has been disasterous
FWIW SoS: Cotrell, Owies, Pittonet, Newman, Kemp + TDK

Austin:
Boyd, Ollie Hollands, Elijah Hollands, Blake Acres, Cincotta, Lord.

If true, then they may lose out in gaining a maximum deal Melbourne

Yeah look there is no way we let go one of our two Coleman medallists to get a 28 year old midfielder. That just simply wonā€™t happen. Not in any world. Key position players are so much harder to get as all clubs know.

Charlie, Harry, Weitering, Cripps, Walsh, TDK are off limits. We want to improve the team while we are in a premiership window, not reduce it. If Melbourne donā€™t want picks and maybe a player like Cerra (though Iā€™d be hesitant to part with him given his age and scope) then we sit back and either bow out of the race for him or we wait and see how untenable that situation has become. If he can no longer front the playing group then thereā€™s no way he can return to them
amicably next year. That hurts their trading power despite his contract status. Bottom line is if the trade requires any of the 6 untouchables above we abort and move on to other targets that improve us.

So if we are going for a mature kpp who would you take out of Nick Haynes or Sam Day

images (22).jpeg

Sounds like a Demons' fantasy
We should exploit this. He wants out and is prepared to come to Carlton. I'd still go with Cerra and this year's first as the offer. That saves face for the dees, Cerra is very good at his best and they could strike gold with the first. If they don't bite tell them the first is coming off the table as we believe we'll get a gun with that.

Of course they can get stuffed with the McKay/Curnow ask, that's the biggest ambit claim of all time. Wish them good luck managing another star and former (to all teammates) role model whose heart isn't in it. Not only that but felt strongly enough to tell his teammates he wants out, wow. Hard to remediate.

All this is obviously based on our doctor thinking he's going to be OK, not broken.

Your move, dees. Choose wisely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draft is wildly overrated gamble that I hope we never embark on again.

Youā€™ve got to be really shit for a really long time to accumulate enough players for 1/3 of them to turn into good footballers.

And then thereā€™s no guarantee that it amounts to anything.

Iā€™d rather we adopt the Geelong approach, never bother with early picks, endlessly top up with mature age talent, and be competitive every year.

Seems a lot more enjoyable than this rollercoaster weā€™ve been on for two decades.
Or just get it right like Hawthorn every 20 yearsā€¦. I hate to say it but can see them ending up with 7-8 flags this century before we get one. Unless we mail this off season

you want to bring in a 27yo Switkowski who averages 0.6 goals a game?

For reference, a 27yo Matt Owies averages more than double this.

You can have as much pressure as you want but the small forwards you have around Curnow & McKay are simply not regular goalkickers.
Switkowski is a high score involvements player despite not kicking a heap of goals himself. As I said, the club would have to back in that the more specialized goal kickers could provide enough threat to make the extra pressure and link work from Switkowski and Fogarty worth while.

Anyway it's just hypothetical brainstorming

The change in the HTB interpretation has also worked against us. The inside mids get less time to distribute.

There is no doubt we are unbalanced with our mix of mids. People here complain every time a Hewett or Kennedy is made sub or left out, but we are forced to try something to avoid being run off our feet.

The Dow and SPS misses in particular have really hurt.
And the LOB / Richards kerfuffle. Kid is late to an interview. Why the **** wouldnt someone ring him?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah that's the part where I don't quite agree. But that's ok.

Collingwood last year proved you don't need all these great talls to win. They won with Cox for goodness sake. We've got so much salary cap invested in areas that can't help when our midfield gets overrun.
Cox gets underrated. But he hes better in the air than many rucks and is a threat forward. Also brings the ball to ground really well.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back