No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't be further from the truth. Have heard nothing but absolute praise for him and his character. You'd love someone like this at your footy club who doesn't want to sweep stuff under the carpet and has actively tried to change the terrible culture problems at the club. I'd be doing the exact same thing as Petracca and getting out of that joint.

It's amazing what a premiership does for a coach. If Hawthorn kept a bloke like Goodwin on I'd be livid.
As in his prima donna demands. They were saying on Footy Classified last night that among other things he wanted to play in front of bigger crowds, and a bigger club to promote his brand. I'd be livid if i was a Melbourne supporter.

Imagine being one of the best ever players the club has had, being a stand up individual on and off the field, and a vital member of a premiership winning core.

Only to have the coach and Oliver, alongside two ratty players (Smith and Hunter), poison the club. He got to watch as their window shut through negligence, wasting his, Viney's and Gawn's opportunity to win multiple flags.

Then the injury incident occurs. It's hardly a surprise he's had enough.
It's more his list of demands that makes me dislike him. Has the Judds written all over it where it was all about him interviewing the club. Smacks of arrogance

It's more his list of demands that makes me dislike him. Has the Judds written all over it where it was all about him interviewing the club. Smacks of arrogance

Add in the rumours, that he told his manager that he would not be traded to either St.Kilda or Hawthorn because they overlooked him. I’m so pleased we went Hodge.

From the outside it looks like one of the problems is how close Goodwin is to some of the 'bad eggs' in the playing group - the ones that Trac probably has issues with.

Getting rid of Goodwin might upset a large section of the playing cohort... more trouble from a whole club perspective than just allowing Trac to leave.

Very interesting watch, that is for sure.
Melbourne cannot win another premiership (in my strong opinion which is of no consequence at all) with Goodwin in charge.

He cannot bond the playing group, he cannot control the culture, and his game plan stinks.

So it is up to Melbourne how ambitious they are.

Dillon just said on AFL 360 that it depends on the impact on the player as to what the punishment is. Player gets hurt, you get suspended. No harm, little foul. How the hell does that remove this dangerous act from the game ? Isn’t that what they’re trying to do?
Punish the act, not the outcome. You did with Cyril, getting 2 weeks for attempted striking
It is a complete failure. Especially considering on exclusions of concussions from insurance coverage.

1724726124386.png

I bet those teenage scuzzbuckets were confused to see a middle aged man chasing them down like the T-1000 in Terminator 2!

Would have been awesome to see Vossy give an old fashioned shirt front to lay them out as well 😂.

That's Melbourne these days though, can't have a quiet coffee down the street without these teenage dirtbags almost killing someone with a stolen car........

As in his prima donna demands. They were saying on Footy Classified last night that among other things he wanted to play in front of bigger crowds, and a bigger club to promote his brand. I'd be livid if i was a Melbourne supporter.
Well he is not going to say "I don't want to play with a bunch of drug ****ed losers"

No - the AFL doesn't enable it. The players enable it themselves. They are going to do it no matter what regime is hanging over the top of them. They are young, silly blokes with crazy amounts of income and adulation and will have no ends of offers being made to them. Melbourne is an outlier just like Sam Fisher is an outlier. Arbitrary prohibition policies are never going to work so I don't blame the AFL for trying other ways to manage it.
I urge anyone who has an opinion on this one way or the other to read Ben Cousin’s biography.
IMO the clubs and the AFL have the ability to just about stop this dead by taking away what the players hold most dear to themselves and that is playing football.
Turn a blind eye or whack with a limp lettuce leaf only encourages dangerous behaviours to continue.

Add in the rumours, that he told his manager that he would not be traded to either St.Kilda or Hawthorn because they overlooked him. I’m so pleased we went Hodge.
Key word there.

RUMOURS.

There is also rumours that he really likes what Hawks have/are doing & that he’d be quite happy to play at HFC.

Take every rumour with a grain of salt my friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing story about Crazy Voss.
So glad he is ok as it could have ended differently if the perpetrator had a weapon accessible.

You know, Hawks attendance being 6th in the league despite playing 4 games in Tassie at an average of 12k attendance is pretty impressive. Replace those with MCG games at average attendance and we slot in at 4th.

Reckon Essington are only up there by virtue of all the "special" games they get. Anzac Day, Dreamtime etc.

TeamAttendanceAverage
Collingwood
1367002​
59435​
Carlton
1277120​
55527​
Essendon
1148090​
49917​
Hawthorn (MCG Replacement)
Richmond
1004886​
43691​
Geelong
965516​
41979​
Hawthorn
Our return to from has come at a good time given our Tassie deal will end at some stage between 2025 - 2027. Big crowds hopefully mean an increase of MCG home games from six to nine (Pies get nine, Dees & Tigers 10).

Bombers will get an extra MCG home game from next year so would likely stay in front of us even if we bring our Tassie games back to Melbourne (instead of Cairns or elsewhere).

Amazing story about Crazy Voss.
So glad he is ok as it could have ended differently if the perpetrator had a weapon accessible.
When the cops came to take over they actually found a kitchen knife hidden in the little s..ts pants!

Yeh that's the thing, man to man Vossy would destroy those little pricks but a knife makes any encounter like this one so random in its outcome.

Was incredibly brave what he did but I don't think anyone has ever doubted Vossys courage. Remember that time he had the horrendous leg break on field and he didn't even seem to show any signs of pain?

Key word there.

RUMOURS.

There is also rumours that he really likes what Hawks have/are doing & that he’d be quite happy to play at HFC.

Take every rumour with a grain of salt my friend

I was talking about Judd. Don’t think we really need a 40+ Judd playing for us at the moment!

It is a complete failure. Especially considering on exclusions of concussions from insurance coverage.

View attachment 2093422

The AFL is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The rock is the fact that reality operates independently of our desires, and the hard place is the AFL's preferred method of sweeping issues under the carpet until they disappear from the public eye, which is unable to manage concussive head injuries.

So, I feel quite sorry for the blokes (and glokes? What's a female bloke?) down at AFL House. All of their skills and experience are useless in the face of this unbearable challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back