Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With his track record re the late/inside mail , id love him to say/post that Geel are no chance to win the Premiership

Because i would then mortgage the house and throw the lot on the Cats for the Flag , and i would take any price
People still fall for it, which is more remarkable

The Eagles had enough good players, that when we dropped off our level, they could score.

We absolutely humiliated them in the first half, that was a pretty good performance.

This Geelong side is quite powerful when our level of pressure and intensity is very high.

As soon as that drops, we become very mediocre. The interesting thing is if finals sharpens them so that they maintain it for longer.

That is the hope.
Our best is a thing of beauty...

And then, there's our second halves sometimes....

Let's hope the hunger, finals atmosphere, and week off gives us at least 3 brilliant quarters- that would almost be enough.

Pretty strong talk around the traps that Geelong are expected to go with SDK in the ruck / Blicavs as back up, and leave Stanley out.

Mullin a big chance to play and run with JHF after the job he did in the previous match against Port. Bews to Rioli
I have heard Bews will be Rioli’s shadow.
I think it’s a perfect matchup.

It seems almost inevitable from our end if we make finals we'll run into you somewhere. Our 6th meeting in finals. Always an uneasy feeling leading into to them too.

Don't think people can really take much out of previous Finals with this group.
Especially betting lines.

13 or so changes since 2021 QF against Port.

Very different side. Much quicker and flashier side too.
2021 we played very kick/mark and conservative.

2024 we are the number 1 chaos ball side in the comp (Champion Data)

Past results are not a reliable indicator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With his track record re the late/inside mail , id love him to say/post that Geel are no chance to win the Premiership

Because i would then mortgage the house and throw the lot on the Cats for the Flag , and i would take any price

Cats are no chance to win the flag.

Oh and maybe re read my post. I was going off what people I were talking to were saying. Never at any stage stated or suggested this was any type of inside knowledge.

Deepest apologies for sharing an opinion. I must have this forum thing all wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watch Dixon play like Carey
Normally I would agree but his body is cooked. It would be like us bringing Hawkins back.

When we win, you watch this be a key talking point. He will score a gimme goal or 2, but he will be more detrimental with his lack of movement because he is shot.

I think we have an almighty chance, but have a nagging feeling that somehow the trio of ex cats will put in career best games and Charlie Dixon rolls back the clock. It’s just the way it happens for us sometimes
What's he rolling back the clock to? Has he ever been that good?

Watch Dixon play like Carey
We're tempting fate, one of Dixon or Sav will be BOG.

Not because they're any good, it's just the way we roll. After all the talk of Butters, Rozee, & JHF, it'll be a spud that decides the game. It's the Geelong way.

Call it 'the Dennis Armfield effect'

I still disagree with Dixon there though, he’s most overrated player in comp. As for ex players who knows which way they will go, they’ll either be top notch or not even get a look at the ball it’s never in between…
He's Hinkley's love child! Praying for one last effort over these next few weeks for how ever long they last. Don't think Dixon has it in him let alone a half marathon. Purely in there to bring it to ground and bullock it too his smalls. Personally if i am defender or third man up i'd be calculatingly smashing into his ribs, back and the rest of it every opportunity.

Still though, it's weird to have him travel to Adelaide post injury unnecessarily if he's not going to play.

Would've thought him resting up at home for a semi/prelim final return, or even playing a half in the VFL would've been better for him in that case.

Who’s to say he doesn’t play in the VFL though? We take emergencies interstate for Thursday/Friday night games who then end up playing VFL sat/sun all the time.

Just spent half an hour collating this:
Sucked in!

Homer Simpson Nerd GIF

Interesting that AFL wise, PORT give away the most free kicks. There must be some method in their madness, maybe the old "professional free"to allow them to set up for their controlled game. Def taking their lives in their hands trying that on in finals. Overconfident if they think they can harass Stewie off the ball like last time. Just try it, you turnips.
I think their frees against numbers are skewed a bit by JHF.

He's given away 43 this year with the next most Butters at 27. Rest of the profile isn't materially different to any other team.

We're tempting fate, one of Dixon or Sav will be BOG.

Not because they're any good, it's just the way we roll. After all the talk of Butters, Rozee, & JHF, it'll be a spud that decides the game. It's the Geelong way.

Call it 'the Dennis Armfield effect'
I still get nightmares from the Sam Weiderman final

I think their frees against numbers are skewed a bit by JHF.

He's given away 43 this year with the next most Butters at 27. Rest of the profile isn't materially different to any other team.

Butters broke the record for most fines in VFL/AFL history.
Bloke is a bloody good player but a massive hothead if things start going badly for Port/himself.

Gotta get someone stuck into him, last years his 2 Finals were close to the worst games he had played in his career.
Coincided with them falling out in straight sets. He's big to their structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back