Game Day 2024 Brownlow - AFL & Nmfc

Remove this Banner Ad

New system….voted on by a panel with no ties to the clubs, no media connections who independently view each game as its broadcast or replayed if a clash…and cast their votes accordingly or something like that..time to take
It off the umps.
I don't care. I don't take notice tbh.

If a NM player won it, then I might bat an eyelid, but it's simply a shit award voted on by the shittest aspect of the sport...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Cripps, he’s a good guy and one of my favourites but tonight the Brownlow medal lost a lot of credibility. No one in footy should be getting 45 votes. Absolute greats like Ablett, Matthews, Carey didn’t come close yet Cripps gets 45 for a mid range team. Stuff like this happens in the WWE. Reckon he would have preferred to get the normal 30 or so votes to avoid the crap he’ll be getting the rest of his career.

I like Cripps, he’s a good guy and one of my favourites but tonight the Brownlow medal lost a lot of credibility. No one in footy should be getting 45 votes. Absolute greats like Ablett, Matthews, Carey didn’t come close yet Cripps gets 45 for a mid range team. Stuff like this happens in the WWE. Reckon he would have preferred to get the normal 30 or so votes to avoid the crap he’ll be getting the rest of his career.
Just compare the coaches votes to the umpires. I know which cohort has the most credibility. Handing out plus 40 votes is ridiculous.

Yeah the AFL jumped the shark a long time ago, so tonight's vote is no surprise and just more of the same really. It's run by boofheads who are dumber than dogshite but sly enough to hype it up so that every year is a new record.. Record crowds, record tv deals, record tv audiences all which trigger big dollar bonuses for the top brass. Nothing too dodgy about any of that though.

Stopped watching around 9pm, saw the result just now. Not a crack at Cripps as he's a champion player... but those votes are ridiculous.

View attachment 2120029
He was good this year, but not 45 Brownlow votes good. Really should be taken off the umpires (imagine having a narcissist like Ray Chamberlain having any influence).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was good this year, but not 45 Brownlow votes good. Really should be taken off the umpires (imagine having a narcissist like Ray Chamberlain having any influence).
I think we could find bias in anyone doing it. Imagine if Luke Darcy or Chornes was doing it? I think umpires should be briefed with stats post game before they make their votes.

Pff nothing in it. He’s just being a little silly and all taken in good spirit. Hardly a hanging offence.
How many times has Simpkin got 15 Brownlow votes.

Plus it’s pretty ****ing common knowledge that sheez doesn’t drink and is the ultra professional, just looks childish on jys end and really gives a good idea about where his leadership levels are at.

Sooner we go past blokes like that and let sheez and wardlaw lead this group the better

Defenders dont get brownlow votes. " No defender has ever won the Brownlow and none ever will "

Quote from a Carlton mod.main board.

🙄
Lol I presume he was reminded that Carlton themselves have two defenders who have won Brownlows

Was Cripps three times as good as Harry? No.

The Brownlow is famous for the fact that if you are losing, you rarely poll. This guy smashed the record for votes. Was his season better than any of the 10 best seasons from an individual player? I doubt it.
No, but I do think he was Carlton's best player this season and they were a better team than we were.

Also, I don't think because he broke the record for the most votes in Brownlow history means he had the best season in history.

I don't know how the Umpires determine their 3-2-1 after each game, whether they get a quick look at the stats or if it's just a "vibe", but I don't think they look past the centre square these days, and Cripps dominates in the centre square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Brownlow - AFL & Nmfc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back