Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmmm :think:

People "cotton-oning onto "costa-living"down Geelong way...

Nothing to see here?

What would be the problem here? Bailey already has a relationship with Cotton On and as long as whatever extra he gets isn't organised by Geelong or syphoned from the club agreement, then they've done nothing wrong. Are you saying that you looked at Cats list at beginning of 2024 and reckoned that there's that much quality that they MUST be paying players outside the cap? I reckon all of Lions, Dogs & Melbourne have more expensive looking lists than Geelong.

What would be the problem here? Bailey already has a relationship with Cotton On and as long as whatever extra he gets isn't organised by Geelong or syphoned from the club agreement, then they've done nothing wrong. Are you saying that you looked at Cats list at beginning of 2024 and reckoned that there's that much quality that they MUST be paying players outside the cap? I reckon all of Lions, Dogs & Melbourne have more expensive looking lists than Geelong.
I'm not saying anything but plenty in the media are hence the link.

I suspect they might go the way of MyATM…
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Bye Charlie, I will miss the days of Power fans saying you were better than Walker.

Charlie's career best goal average season
2.1 gpg

Tex's career average across nearly 300 games
2.3 gpg

Dixon - most over rated key forward that has played in recent times

His toughness and aggression was more perception than reality, massive inconsistency and went missing in September

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I generally try and be gracious with retiring players but surely this bloke goes down as one of the most overrated on recent history?

Has statistics that almost rival Josh Jenkins and his claim to fame as a key forward was "bringing the ball to ground".

Doubt anyone would care as much if he didn't have a cult figure look.

Charlie probably only had about 2 good seasons in his AFL career. Rest of it was mediocre and injury riddled. 2024 will only go down as the year after he should have retires. He was a useless forward, only good when there were others better who took the better defenders. But no defender lost sleep matching up on Charlie.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie probably only had about 2 good seasons in his AFL career. Rest of it was mediocre and injury riddled. 2024 will only go down as the year after he should have retires. He was a useless forward, only good when there were others better who took the better defenders. But no defender lost sleep matching up on Charlie.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was the Big Bad Wolf... lots of huff & puff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back