Game Day 2024 GF Swans v. Lions - Saturday 28 Sep @ 2:30 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win this (and we jolly well ought, as they say in Enid Blyton), I believe it will be a testament to a season-long strategy and a tribute to our coaching, fitness and conditioning staff.

I reckon the moment we got a few games clear on the top of the ladder, we activated part B of our plan, which was totally focussed on winning the GF. Making sure we didn't drop too many H & A games of course, but never taking our focus from the grand final contest and what we needed to put into action months ago, to have the squad fit and firing today.

I hope that by late this afternoon, it will be clear we have played this season to perfection. And they'll be talking about it for years and trying to emulate it.

Game day baby!

I joined this forum six years ago to investigate who we might be picking in the upcoming draft as it felt like the end of an era in many respects.

Now here we are, back again, on the biggest stage.

Obviously the talent was there two years ago but the side has matured significantly. It feels like the dawn of a new era provided that we get the BLOODY job done today!!

C’mon boys, bring it home!!!!!

Last edited:

Watching the 2012 replay and it upsets me with how much we missed out on with AJ.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I felt the same :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mostly want to see us give ourselves a shot.

2 of our last 3 we didnt even compete.

This has been an awesome season, we need to cap off the last few years, its built to this

Shorts or trousers to the g?
My husband is facing the same dilemma.
We were at the Captains Run yesterday and it was very warm and shorts weather on the side we were sitting Bay 29
BUT
When we wandered around to where our bay - Bay 53, and I know you are somewhere near there, it was bloody cold!
But then again, you are from Tassie, so you may not feel it.

Maybe just pop out and buy a pair of these before the game 😂
Screenshot_20240928-090243.png

My husband is facing the same dilemma.
We were at the Captains Run yesterday and it was very warm and shorts weather on the side we were sitting Bay 29
BUT
When we wandered around to where our bay - Bay 53, and I know you are somewhere near there, it was bloody cold!
But then again, you are from Tassie, so you may not feel it.
Maybe just pop out and buy a pair of these before the game 😂
:cool::D;)

I've watched the last quarters of 05 and 12 to calm the nerves, has not worked at all.

Heart says Sydney, head says Sydney but past GF performances have got me weary of being confident but I think now is the time to get the job done.

Sydney by 12

Ollie Florent as my Norm Smith smokey.

Papley to kick the first goal, get in the face of the Brisbane players and pump this team and the crowd up at the start!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 GF Swans v. Lions - Saturday 28 Sep @ 2:30 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back