Game Day 2024 GF Swans v. Lions - Saturday 28 Sep @ 2:30 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Slept pretty well until my cat woke me up. Nervous AF now. It's really a brutal game. One set of supporters is going home very depressed today.

If we win this (and we jolly well ought, as they say in Enid Blyton), I believe it will be a testament to a season-long strategy and a tribute to our coaching, fitness and conditioning staff.

I reckon the moment we got a few games clear on the top of the ladder, we activated part B of our plan, which was totally focussed on winning the GF. Making sure we didn't drop too many H & A games of course, but never taking our focus from the grand final contest and what we needed to put into action months ago, to have the squad fit and firing today.

I hope that by late this afternoon, it will be clear we have played this season to perfection. And they'll be talking about it for years and trying to emulate it.
Further to this, the Battle of Midway was the point where the Allies first knew they could win the Asia-Pacific conflict in WWII.

Midway was June 1942, a mere six months after Pearl Harbour.

But the war didn't end until 1945.

That's the sort of long-range strategy I'm talking about.

Anyway, I hope we've all enjoyed this stroll down history's laneways as we gear up for this afternoon's clash.

After resorting to watching yet another granny on the telly, I've woken up to a ticket fallen into my lap thanks to a couple of mates. First granny since 05. The stress of the week has also gives arise to a cold sore on my bottom right lip. The last time I've had a cold sore was the week of the 05 granny, and it was in the exact same spot.

Rewatched the Port game last night, boy did we look switched on. We punished every mistake they made, moved the ball just right, applied pressure and closed them off. Bring that again and we have it.

Brisbane seem to be getting all the tips but once we win the cup everyone will then say "yep, makes sense. Should have seen it that way"

Yeah I'm detecting a significant Brisbane bias in the media. While AFL House wants the money of a national competition it's obvious the VFL era lives on in their hearts. Conversely a Storm flag win in the NRL is just as interesting and celebrated by that League's management as any of a Sydney heritage team. Vic media need to grow up a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently watching it but really hate assessing players purely off of tv broadcast, especially as Chamberlain is up as CHB and Carmichael is HBF
Fair.

TV is all I ever have really 😂
Have cast it to my projector.

Fair.

TV is all I ever have really 😂
Have cast it to my projector.

TV is all good but never see the lead up or support work.

TBF both our boys seem to be doing bulk running as seen them working up and back a fair bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 GF Swans v. Lions - Saturday 28 Sep @ 2:30 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back