Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

We're fresh off Rozee and Butters averaging 17 and 15 possessions respectively in the finals and this board still thinks that the likes of McEntee, Evans and Narkle are the problem. Wild.
I mean, I kinda see where you're coming from but I don't think we can gloss over the fact that across the finals the aforementioned trio played a total of 23 quarters of football for a combined 43 touches and 1.1.

That's 0.6 possessions per player, per quarter, and a grand total of 1 goal - when they were all almost exclusively played forward.

They absolutely are a big part of the problem.

I mean, I kinda see where you're coming from but I don't think we can gloss over the fact that across the finals the aforementioned trio played a total of 23 quarters of football for a combined 43 touches and 1.1.

That's 0.6 possessions per player, per quarter, and a grand total of 1 goal - when they were all almost exclusively played forward.

They absolutely are a big part of the problem.
Arguably under the bomb it long game plan that will rarely result in a contested pack mark they are THE problem. Willie did his best but can’t do it all and Evans Narkle and McEntee are not AFL standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back