Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just googled 'adelaide crows logo wings out' and there's a few that are heaps better than what the club has proposed thus far. I'm not suggesting any of these are a finished product, but they're much better starts than the 'build a bird from shapes' design. No doubt some were created and posted here already.

Good bird, background and font need work.

1727667513647.png

A little too much colour, looks like some kind of tribal headdress, but could be worked on and improved.
1727667678065.png

This one is ok, miles better than what's presently on the table. Dignified looking bird, still needs background work though.
1727667740197.png

Bird might need work on this one, get more detail into it and a bit more menacement (new word I just created).
1727667837153.png

Next 2 I reckon are good starting points, wings out bird coming at you.
1727667956991.png
1727667992194.png

Would be nice if people could include some kind of coloured border or whatever to account for the fact these would be printed on a navy shirt. Was one of the few things the club's version got right.

I'm wondering whether we could put the Adelaide text over the claws. Would reduce some of the irregularity of the shape. Bloody wrench hands doing my head in atm. Collingwood put the est. 1897 over the the Magpies feet but that only works because it's centered.

Would be nice if people could include some kind of coloured border or whatever to account for the fact these would be printed on a navy shirt. Was one of the few things the club's version got right.

I'm wondering whether we could put the Adelaide text over the claws. Would reduce some of the irregularity of the shape. Bloody wrench hands doing my head in atm. Collingwood put the est. 1897 over the the Magpies feet but that only works because it's centered.
Crows-Photoroom (2).png

Crows-Photoroom (3).png

For what it's worth, in my opinion, it needs to head in either one of two directions:

1. more abstract, like the Arizona Falcons logo, or
2. more illustrative, like the Collingwood, West Coast, or Hawthorn logos.

Trying to be a bit of both creates a 'grey' outcome.

I think there's an opportunity to move the versions shown above to be more abstract to create a mark that imbues quality and professionalism, while harkening back to the OG logo of the swooping crow.

Edit: I had 20 mins at lunch to sketch this up, based on the leaked logo proportions. This is what I mean by being more abstract.

Note: I've ignored colours and typography at the moment, as that's a complex set of variables. They can be designed once the symbol gets refined.

Initial comments:
1. beak is perhaps too curved. This is a crucial part of the logo and helps to define it as a crow.
2. removed the feet as they aren't really necessary to give the impression of a 'swoop'. The feet out swoop also feels more like an eagle or a hawk.
3. the angles aren't quite right. would ideally create an underlying grid that uses similar curves and angles
4. probably need to create a proportional relationship of the wing and the body that has a better balance. iterations are the key to cracking this nut. lots of them until it feels right.

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 3.45.26 PM.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok Mr bush man

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

Back