List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible year in what metric exactly? Compared to what? Was almost back to his best. 2023 was poor given his injuries, but this year, was much improved.
Kicked 18 goals, and was out best 5 players in the first half of the year. Dropped off after that, who didn't, but then found some form late in the year.
I thought lipinski was average and poor on a number of occasions
Metrics of intensity effort and hardness

Straight swap for F1 with pick 12 is conceivable.
Noble for pick 20 would be fair.
So F1 + Noble for picks 12 and 20. Respectively.

I'm shocked people keep bringing up the F1?

Don't we need that for McGuane?

Points for next year will be a fascinating watch. To match a first round bid, you could possibly use multiple 2nd rounders, but that may mean we might need to keep our first and sell it to the highest bidder for multiple picks

he isnt going to find success as an inside mid unless he cleans up his fumbling
Or harness the fumbling as deliberate tap outs to outside Pies mids to scoop up and go. đź‘Ť
Just pretend the fumbles are deft little taps to advantage that get us out of congestion and into space.

the way our "supporters" have treated Schultz this year, I wouldn't blame others for seeing us that way!
The more I take a gander around the other boards, the more I start to think other supporters are just as bad to their own players. Doesn’t make it right though. I hate it. Be constructive by all means, but don’t go over the top.

Logic says that the higher your top speed, the longer you'll take to get there, assuming similar acceleration.
Similar acceleration(at the fine levels of difference in a 100m race) is a rather large assumption. But the patterns for all are pretty similar. Peak at around 80m then start slowing down.

1727670542647.png

Attachments

• 1727670458124.png
    1727670458124.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 13
Not really. It's a similar system to this year with less points associated with picks. But you can still match with later picks.

Oh ok, fair enough

Well if that's the case then sure, if the F1 can net us 12 this year which can then become Houston then go for it

Not all players are built for Broadway.

I'm a big Yankees fans and not all players can handle the boo boys and the bright lights. Stanton has copped it over the journey (strikes out too much, doesn't run the bases hard) but has proven himself in the post season.

Soto joined this season and he is a bona fide superstar and he loves it. He is a big time player.

Whereas previously we had Gallo who was a star for the Rangers. He came to the Yankees and flopped, He simply couldn't handle it.

Man United is the same. Big club, big reputation, well paid but plenty of scrutiny and pressure comes with the badge.. Their manager is finding. Out there is a big difference between the Dutch League and Epl. English Press are destroying him at the moment.

I think if supporters see the player is giving 110% effort and playing their role then they will be ok.

In terms of Schultz I like him. But when you are a small forward an expectation of converting set shots from a 35m range is not unreasonable. That is part of your craft as a small forward.
Which he did plenty of times? I’m sure Fly and the coaches understand his worth. He’ll come out and kick 40 goals this year and it’ll look like a steal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North may only be a few top experienced players away from pressing finals over the next 2 seasons.
They have some incredible kids coming through and possibly more this trade period.
If they start retaining everyone then at some point they begin attracting experienced but younger stars.

The more I take a gander around the other boards, the more I start to think other supporters are just as bad to their own players. Doesn’t make it right though. I hate it. Be constructive by all means, but don’t go over the top.
That’s why I don’t participate too much in the game day thread. I get emotional too but I hate our boys coping crap from our own. And by the time I finish crafting an angry abusive post that player has done something good and we love him again

Which he did plenty of times? I’m sure Fly and the coaches understand his worth. He’ll come out and kick 40 goals this year and it’ll look like a steal

Look, as one of his detractors, I'd argue he didn't live up to the cost we paid to bring him in.

To the point where I would argue he cost us at least a game or two. In a season where you miss out by percentage, that's a bit annoying.

But as many pointed out to me both here and irl, he was "learning the system" and was part of a disjointed revolving door forward line with little stability and consistency around him.

I'm fine to hold off on completely writing him off as a mistake until after 2025 is done. But there'll be little excuse next year (unless of course he gets injured).

I understand it's not necessarily his fault we paid overs for him, but in the end, that's the way it goes. If a club pays a high price for you, there's going to be high expectations.

That’s why I don’t participate too much in the game day thread. I get emotional too but I hate our boys coping crap from our own. And by the time I finish crafting an angry abusive post that player has done something good and we love him again
Perfect summation. I'm actually one of the few who remains cool during the thread which is a bit of a shock to me

Look, as one of his detractors, I'd argue he didn't live up to the cost we paid to bring him in.

To the point where I would argue he cost us at least a game or two. In a season where you miss out by percentage, that's a bit annoying.

But as many pointed out to me both here and irl, he was "learning the system" and was part of a disjointed revolving door forward line with little stability and consistency around him.

I'm fine to hold off on completely writing him off as a mistake until after 2025 is done. But there'll be little excuse next year (unless of course he gets injured).

I understand it's not necessarily his fault we paid overs for him, but in the end, that's the way it goes. If a club pays a high price for you, there's going to be high expectations.
No certainties the pick we would have used would be better than Shoota. Plenty of first round picks don’t end up as good as he already is. We’ll never know

Perfect summation. I'm actually one of the few who remains cool during the thread which is a bit of a shock to me
I save my abuse for my TV, every ad that comes on, whoever is commentating, my kids for telling me to shut up, and whoever the biggest flog on the oppo team is. My book is full already

You’ve been told numerous times we don’t yet you seem to keep ignoring it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back