List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, was overseas since we didn't make the finals.
Just wondering is there still whispers about Hill wanting out? has he extended his contract with us?
Only whispers from desperate Freo fans. Been widely reported that his management are in talks with the club to extend early.

Did Carlton offer their first pick and Owies and did port say no
Future first and Owies from what I’ve read, when Port specifically told them they wanted a 2024 first to even get them to the table.

I save my abuse for my TV, every ad that comes on, whoever is commentating, my kids for telling me to shut up, and whoever the biggest flog on the oppo team is. My book is full already
My wife and I take it out on each other. I do the passive-aggressive and ask her to be quiet so I can hear the commentary. She responds by telling me I am the biggest mistake of her life and she regrets she ever met me.

It's a good system.

My wife and I take it out on each other. I do the passive-aggressive and ask her to be quiet so I can hear the commentary. She responds by telling me I am the biggest mistake of her life and she regrets she ever met me.

It's a good system.
I just hide in my man cave and mine walks back and forward past the door all day for no reason apart from it looks like I’m happy and content and that infuriates her

Look, as one of his detractors, I'd argue he didn't live up to the cost we paid to bring him in.

To the point where I would argue he cost us at least a game or two. In a season where you miss out by percentage, that's a bit annoying.

But as many pointed out to me both here and irl, he was "learning the system" and was part of a disjointed revolving door forward line with little stability and consistency around him.

I'm fine to hold off on completely writing him off as a mistake until after 2025 is done. But there'll be little excuse next year (unless of course he gets injured).

I understand it's not necessarily his fault we paid overs for him, but in the end, that's the way it goes. If a club pays a high price for you, there's going to be high expectations.
I respect your view, but I see it quite differently in terms of cost. We paid a 1st round pick for an already developed forward yet to hit his prime. The cost is in the years that it took to develop him, the alternative is to use that 1st rounder on a fresh 18 year old small-forward who will take at minimum 3 years to really break into his stride. We are still in a window of flag oppurtunity and so I see getting Schultz for the price we got him for as a reasonable sacrifice in the short term. One thing that goes left unsaid is that with Elliot hanging up the boots in a year or two, Schultz will be a direct replacement for him and just in his prime so we'll be getting the best out of him. The more long-term you look at it, the more reasonable of a price the 1st and 2nd pick becomes. Having said that I believe he played a really solid role at the back half of the season, missed some crucial goal but he also kicked some rippers (Carlton game comes to mind!)

Whatever you think of him and the cost to bring him over, we've given far more for far worse in the past e.g. Dayne Beams for two 1st rounders and a 3rd... crikey that was bad

I respect your view, but I see it quite differently in terms of cost. We paid a 1st round pick for an already developed forward yet to hit his prime. The cost is in the years that it took to develop him, the alternative is to use that 1st rounder on a fresh 18 year old small-forward who will take at minimum 3 years to really break into his stride. We are still in a window of flag oppurtunity and so I see getting Schultz for the price we got him for as a reasonable sacrifice in the short term. One thing that goes left unsaid is that with Elliot hanging up the boots in a year or two, Schultz will be a direct replacement for him and just in his prime so we'll be getting the best out of him. The more long-term you look at it, the more reasonable of a price the 1st and 2nd pick becomes. Having said that I believe he played a really solid role at the back half of the season, missed some crucial goal but he also kicked some rippers (Carlton game comes to mind!)

Whatever you think of him and the cost to bring him over, we've given far more for far worse in the past e.g. Dayne Beams for two 1st rounders and a 3rd... crikey that was bad
Small forwards are invisible some weeks. Fly admitted this and knows it well. He had a “shit” year and kicked 24 goals.

It was against Carlton the first time

Yeah he was absolutely smashing it and I still reckon he has a real future as a midfielder. Worst case scenario as an outside mid/tagger.

There's just way too much power and speed there for him to not find some success as a mid

Beau has every attribute to make it as a centre square mid except for clean hands. He fumbles almost every time he tries to pick up a ground ball and if he does that in the centre square then he’ll be nailed in a tackle by the time he eventually picks it up.

It's fixable with practise and a bit of technique teaching. I think he fumbles because he's already looking up and thinking about what he's going to do with the ball before he actually has it safely in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we need or first next for McGuane?
Technically no. The bidding process hasn’t changed. They have reduced the discount from 20% to 10% and the DVI has changed. I believe the last pick with points value will be 54 and the points range still goes from 3000 to 0 so the drop away of points happens at a quicker rate.

So Tom will cost more and we will need better picks to match compared to this year. But it doesn’t necessarily need to be a first round pick it can still be a combination of picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back