Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

More clean up ... my son had a few minutes to run it through InkScape and straighten up my wonky lines a touch, and:

• Correct colours as per SA state guernsey (Blue - Pantone 295, Red - Pantone 199, Gold - Pantone 137)
  • Correct colour order for the feathers (as per our jumper)
  • Cleaned up beak
View attachment 2126984
Send it to the club please

More clean up ... my son had a few minutes to run it through InkScape and straighten up my wonky lines a touch, and:

• Correct colours as per SA state guernsey (Blue - Pantone 295, Red - Pantone 199, Gold - Pantone 137)
  • Cleaned up beak
View attachment 2126984

Looks good but where will the text go? I think that's the issue with the logo being on an angle. It would be great flattened out and rotated

• Cleaned up beak
View attachment 2126984

rotatedcrow.png

Rotated and added an outline

• Cleaned up beak
View attachment 2126984
This is brilliant. All of the other attempts are a bit meh, I'm kind of unsure if I like it or not. This one is perfect

119others you got a good relationship with the club, send that in.
jenny61_99 would have a much closer relationship with many of the team (Harper and Silver perhaps). Jenny willing to send through? (Follow above posts). Also excellent work on the weekends “rumours” :)

My “relationship” is a couple of emails per year to the key guys but only ever have Silvers and Reidy respond. Reidy often as open I imagine he can be when I question certain things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the gripe with hoops. Our guernsey isn't navy with 2 sets of hoops. It's navy with hoops. The excess of navy when you cut out the hoops just looks weird.
Mainly just a personal preference thing. Being a Port fan I end up preferring darker jumpers a lot more, I just think it's a sleeker look. As for the excess amount of navy at the bottom, I feel like you'd probably be able to counter that by going with slightly thicker hoops and maybe scaling the design on taller players rather than repeating the pattern. But obviously, I'm the exact opposite of the target audience for the Crows entire brand, not just because I'm a Port fan but also as a Victorian given the whole pride of SA thing doesn't apply to me. Point being, I don't have the attachment to more hoops and yellow cuffs so the opinions of Crows fans are for more relevant than mine.

• Cleaned up beak
View attachment 2126984
Yeah that's bang on. Absolutely nails what they were going for in terms of modernity, with the perfect incorporation of the original logo's qualities that are so clearly what everybody would like to see referenced. Now for the disappointing part where this doesn't end up being the logo :(
Yeah this isn't getting topped. Send it to the club.

People should have a go adding the text. I will post some font ideas with this logo if I get time later.
The two club logos you guys have had so far other than the shield ones have both used the Futura font family, which happens to be a personal favourite of mine. Easy to read and happens to be arguably the most versatile font. The bit of character the current logo's wordmark has is perfect, especially seeing as the Crows are a club with a bird logo. Hard to imagine anything being better for this logo given it's almost always been used by the club.
As for the versatility of it, this is what I mean:
1727692967825.png

Putting a lot of effort in mate and clearly know more than me in the design space. But that shape isn’t doing it for me sorry.

Total time spent to date is less than an hour.

It's not meant as a final solution, just to show a direction.

It's also the same outer shape as the logos being presented here, just without the feet.

Last edited:
jenny61_99 would have a much closer relationship with many of the team (Harper and Silver perhaps). Jenny willing to send through? (Follow above posts). Also excellent work on the weekends “rumours” :)

My “relationship” is a couple of emails per year to the key guys but only ever have Silvers and Reidy respond. Reidy often as open I imagine he can be when I question certain things
Give me a selection of the best half dozen and I’ll send them through.

To me though it’s just a bird? Could be anything?

That's where context comes into play.

Put it on a Crows guernsey, or on a sign with the word CROWS underneath, and it becomes clearer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

Back