Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Dixon on the backchat podcast, interestingly he hated it when he first came, now he’s going to stay here into retirement.
Bought a property up in stirling and loves it.
(Understand it’s not for everyone, but if people gave it a chance)
It's the perfect place to raise a family or retire. It's the in between years that some folk struggle with the 'smallness' of it all.

Loves his wine does Charlie, I often run into him at one of the wife and my favourite little spots in the hills.

He's a pretty good fella really.
Hearing him speak after his long lay off gave me an appreciation of his off field thinking. I think a mentoring program for young men would be a great role for him

They’re not entirely burdens though, their existence is directly tied to the value of the media rights. Some of the funding would equalise variation in marketing opportunity due to AFL fixture being geared to maximising rights revenue.

Do you reckon the three extra games add much to the media rights?

GC v Norf at UTAS hidden or Bullflogs v GWS at Ballarat in shit timeslots would cost the media more in production costs than they would get in return.

A streamlined better quality competition should be equally attractive to the media, you reckon Fox would bother sending camera crews to some of these games if they had a choice, they are contracted to cover these shit games that no one is interested in.

There is a reason these games on are on Sunday afternoons with other games on at the same time.

Six quality/interesting games Thurs night, Friday night, Saturday arvo, Saturday night and two on Sunday - beautiful.

If Oliver is contracted what's stopping Melbourne from saying we won't trade you to any club based in Victoria or we'll only trade you to a bottom 8 club so if you desperately want to leave pick a club we'd be willing to trade you too? Otherwise you are staying at Melbourne

If Oliver is contracted what's stopping Melbourne from saying we won't trade you to any club based in Victoria or we'll only trade you to a bottom 8 club so if you desperately want to leave pick a club we'd be willing to trade you too? Otherwise you are staying at Melbourne
Theres nothing to stop them, but they dont appear to want him around anymore.

And theres only so many clubs in a position to take the risk.

Theres nothing to stop them, but they dont appear to want him around anymore.

And theres only so many clubs in a position to take the risk.
That club is imploding spectacularly. Like us after the 2017 GF.

Their head of leadership Jim Plunkett is the latest domino to fall.

In this edition of "Never send a VIC to do a South Aussie's Job". I've been driving up and down Magill Road looking for this new pub I heard advertised on 5aa,
It's apparently called "The Elmer"

Can't wait to find it, always wanted to drink at an Elmer Fudd Themed Pub! 😉
pretty sure Alan DeGeneres is a co-owner

In this edition of "Never send a VIC to do a South Aussie's Job". I've been driving up and down Magill Road looking for this new pub I heard advertised on 5aa,
It's apparently called "The Elmer"

Can't wait to find it, always wanted to drink at an Elmer Fudd Themed Pub! 😉
The Maylands is only a couple of streets away. Much nicer establishment.

Interesting development re Darren Burgess..

Initially the Demons’ general manager of people and culture, Plunkett later stepped up to become head of leadership, learning and development.

He has departed Melbourne to form his own leadership performance business, Telos Performance Partners, alongside former Melbourne assistant coach Greg Stafford and Adelaide Crows high performance boss Darren Burgess, who previously worked at the Demons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting development re Darren Burgess..

Initially the Demons’ general manager of people and culture, Plunkett later stepped up to become head of leadership, learning and development.

He has departed Melbourne to form his own leadership performance business, Telos Performance Partners, alongside former Melbourne assistant coach Greg Stafford and Adelaide Crows high performance boss Darren Burgess, who previously worked at the Demons.
Got a job on the side...

Some of these AFL Clubs are going to get themselves in an aweful mess ....signing longterm Contracts for good players, not stars ....it's just going to backfire spectacularly

Max King ....shoulders could go chronic at any point

Surely, Oliver / Petracca is sending big enough warning signs

View attachment 2129795

How can he name the top 10 worst contracts - and not give any details of what the contracts are? lol completely meaningless without that context.

How can he name the top 10 worst contracts - and not give any details of what the contracts are? lol completely meaningless without that context.
I think Cornes was more about the length of the Contract ....the actual Contract value is pure media speculation

Let's take Perryman .....6 years at a "reported" $850 PA .....COLL are paying in lieu of having to trade, yet their TPP doesn't change

It's going to cause Clubs to get into real TPP trouble .....and there's going to be more firesale's of players like Grundy, and Treloar ....you can bookmark it

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back