Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (67) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastTBC

Last edited:

He has met with Carlton too and hasn't enthusiastically nominate them either....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Read between the lines.

Why is the focus on trade return with Carlton rather than whether he's interested?

If Carlton were waving our F1 around for him Dan would already be wearing a VISY hi vis and holed up in Jeannie Pratt's beach box.

Read between the lines.

Why is the focus on trade return with Carlton rather than whether he's interested?

If Carlton were waving our F1 around for him Dan would already be wearing a VISY hi vis and holed up in Jeannie Pratt's beach box.
Sorry KC, but that just came across a bit weird to me!!

Campaigners in here nit picking rawlings.... he is a former tagger whose never been in the media.... what do you expect?? If anything twomey looks even more nervous in this exchange.... it's legit 2 people who aren't comfortable in front of a camera giving a great insight into what's going on

Read between the lines.

The key here is it has to satisfy Port.... not really up to Houston

Houston sounds like he'll entertain every Vic club as a destination before plummeting down to us.

I'm convinced the flattering media talk about us was just trying to get Houston to nominate us so Port could prise out our F1.

Fortunately I don't rate him nearly as high as half this board and certainly not at some of the valuations being thrown around.

You need genuine buy-in. It's very rare a player gets railroaded into a trade and it works out well.

He's met with us, knows our direction and hasn't enthusiastically nominated us. Move on.
I kind of get what you're saying - ideally a public declaration of passion would be good - but the reality is his current employer is trying to have more of a say on his next workplace than he does so he's probably keeping his options open (not that I think we're a chance at all)

"We haven't started discussions with North Melbourne yet. It's not as straightforward as people think. He's a valuable player for us."- Chris Keane on Luke Parker

Did anyone listen to Rawlings interview? It was an absolute train wreck…
I wouldn't go so far as train wreck. Like everyone at this time of year, he fills his sentences with ambiguous words, it's just he chooses to use passive words and phrases rather than active, so he comes across like he/the club are in a weaker position than we actually are. The truth of it is we're in the thick of it with a lot of juggling balls still in the air, and a few have to land before the action kicks off.

That's just him though, and he's always been like this, which I think does a lot to drive the perception he's a bad negotiator. I think he's a perfectly reasonable negotiator and gets a fair deal, but he's a terrible salesman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don’t see how we improve ladder wise next year.

Houston going pies and Daniel likely staying. Finished 17th and adding darling and Parker (happy with both )

Pies and Crows both outside the 8 and adding 2/3 quality players. We will improve however the problem is other teams around us/above us are improving as well and at a more rapid rate.

We have a lot of improvement to come via the draft, you think playes like Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma, etc are already at peak contribution? I think even Sheezel has a lot more scope for improvement just by gelling with the other players we have recruited.

Yeah, because pies blowing pick 34 and this year's first was a huge improvement to their performance this year. They have a lot of mature players now, they need to do something in the next couple of years, it is a balancing act between bringing in high end mature players and getting enough future talent so you don't death spiral. Geelong has done it better than most, by a long shot.

Dan Houston is a quality player but he was a rookie, it is possible to develop quality players outside of the early first round. Look at Archer for us, he went from zero to hero this year. Xerri went from a guy who never played out a season before to making the AA squad. We have a lot of players that can take a quantum leap forwards. We just need to focus on development and get the most out of players we have, when someone like a Houston or Parker or whomever pops up then great but unless we start producing more Xerris and Archers then it isn't going to matter who we bring in.

Houston sounds like he'll entertain every Vic club as a destination before plummeting down to us.

We should walk away from this if we haven't already.

The only reason Port are at the table with us is they know we will bend over.

Houston doesn't want to come to us, the conversation should end there.

Keane sounds keener for a higher pick than 43

I reckon they'll flex like we will trying offer a lesser pick but gotta imagine push comes to shove Parker will get his wish due to services rendered and they'll accommodate somewhere that ends up completely fair.

We should walk away from this if we haven't already.

The only reason Port are at the table with us is they know we will bend over.

Houston doesn't want to come to us, the conversation should end there.

Exactly, walk away and do something else with next years F1.

We are just being used to beat up Carltanks price, nothing more and while we sit on our hands hoping that Poooorta deal with us we miss other options because the pick has to be there in the hopes we got him.

Did anyone listen to Rawlings interview? It was an absolute train wreck…
How so? I agree he's no orator, but contrary to the view abroad that he's everybody's fool, I thought the most interesting comment was that Pick 2 might be on the table, but only to slide 2 or 3 spots, and even then it would need a good offer

"Don't think that should be too far away."- Matt Clarke on Jack Darling

Nobody expects LDU to sign before the end of the season.

I do.

I think there are a few point where we will check in to see if talks can be opened.

late pre-season before round 1.

After the first 6 or so weeks.

Around the time of the bye.

I reckon after the first 6 weeks or the time of the bye is the go with him sewn up in season where we offer an in market value to him.

So long as we do nothing stupid, I don't see him actively shopping himself and he gets locked up on a long contract on decent coin.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back