List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference is none of the Hawks players are scared of a contest. Ginnivan willingly gets his head torn off for a kick ffs. D’Ambrosio & Chol natural games aren’t contested beasts but they don’t pull out of contests either.

Stephens, Fisher & Biggie (+ Stephenson) couldn’t get further away from a contest if they tried .
Pretty hard on Stephens, has noticeably improved in this area in the second half of the year.

Was trying to work out a suitable trade with Goad myself. We simply aren't in a position to develop a kid for 3-4 years when we need to get better now...

Something like

NM trades 2, Goad, 40
Adl gives 4, Rachelle(eq. Pick 6)

I reckon Adelaide is talking shit. They want him gone imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd be happy with that, except for maybe the Pick 40. Do you think the Crows really want Goad? They had Tilthorpe sitting in the reserves for half a season. Will pick 4 get absorbed in any Lukosious trade?

Experience doesn't help players run faster, think better or use the ball well. I would get our young guns in a room and set them the task to lead this group over the pre season.
Leadership definitely helps them think better and organize better across the field. Check out the micd up footage that Fox Footy put together. The differences between Parker/Brayshaw and Simpkin (unfortunately) are stark. We ****ed up royally getting rid of Boomer.

Experience doesn't help players run faster, think better or use the ball well. I would get our young guns in a room and set them the task to lead this group over the pre season.
Sheezel is the prime example - composure, skill and enterprise equals high score involvements. Does the right thing deep in games.

We have a lot of experienced players who have zero composure, take 'safe' options constantly like kicking it long without looking because they're too unskilled to do anything else. So the ball spends 70% of the time in our half.

Stevenson highly unlikely to be at nmfc next year, one way or another

There is mutual interest in dissolving this relationship
752af138039f37a00da6043bb1ec2ba8.gif

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Stevenson highly unlikely to be at nmfc next year, one way or another

There is mutual interest in dissolving this relationship

What are we going to dissolve the relationship with?

Sulphuric acid might be a good choice.

So many threads of doom, not sure where this post is best suited. I feel the angst, I feel the bitter disappointment. But yet again there is a simple answer as to why we haven't improved. It isn't al clarko, it isn't Viney, it isn't the Pres.

It is 100% recruiting. I think seasons 2017-2020 are distance enough memories to have a bit of a deep dive.

2017 - finished 15th. 7 draft picks 5 Nat 2 Rookie
Wins LDU pick 4. Xerri pick 72.
Rating 7/10.
Turned this draft around with the emergence of Xerri, you have every right to expect a pick 4 to be a very good footballer.

2018 - Finished 9th. 7 Draft Picks 5 Nat 2 Rookie
Wins Scott pick 49
3/10
Dogs balls an absolute bust

2019 - Finished 12th. 4 picks 3 Nat 1 Mid season.
Wins Comben.
3/10.
Lucky AF and a long way to go with Charlie. Fingers crossed aye.

2020 - Finished 17th. 7 Draft Picks 5 Nat 2 Rookie
Wins ZERO
Rating 2/10 Fingers crossed Powell/ Ford can build a solid career.

But I doubt we have one player on the list taken in the 2020 draft by season close 2026.

So 4 years of drafting with 25 picks and we to show for it.

1. LDU
2. Xerri
3.Comben
4.Scott

While some still hold out hope for Phillips, Powell and Ford. And fair enough as that's your right.

That is 100% failure on whoever made the calls during the 2017-2020 seasons.

I do though feel when we deep dive into seasons 2021- 2025 in a few years time it will be much more positive experience.
And will translate well and show why we've improved.

But for now

oh well.

Or you could be Harry Sheezel and embrace the challenge. We need another one of them with pick 2.
It’s a pretty good test: if you are hungry about getting into a shit team to achieve the ultimate success, lift standards and be a leader, then you are good enough for our list.

We can’t be really taking any chances with character. Not with a top 5 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought in the commentary today Nathan Buckley made a really good point about the Hawks bringing in players and making them better. Just this year alone these players are better:
  • D’Ambrosio
  • Chol
  • Meek
  • Ginnivan
Wizard Watson started poorly in his Rookie year with sloppy conversion in front of goal. Mitchell (one of the great dual sided kicks ever) did extra kicking sessions with him, and look at him now. They nurture, challenge and give them the tools to be better contributors to the team.

Michael Barlow is in his Rookie year as head of our development. None of these recruits have improved this year. Perhaps you can’t polish a turd 💩 after all.
  • Fisher
  • Stephens
  • Nguyon
I think you can get a lot out players if:

A) you limit the role of players to specific, disciplined ones (Chol).

B) your recruits have composure and smarts (D’Ambrosio and Ginnivan).

Fisher has skills but no composure or smarts

Stevens’ has shown little composure and is growing in smarts. 2025 iOS make or break.

Nguyon was always a long shot and doesn’t stick a disciplined role or possess the requisite footy smarts.

Hawthorn are a much more attractive, successful club than North. But simply put, they have gone down a hybrid path of ND, nailing the MSD and picking up talent on the cheap. They have also paid when they needed to.

By comparison, we have been fixated on first round draft picks and the midfield.

So many threads of doom, not sure where this post is best suited. I feel the angst, I feel the bitter disappointment. But yet again there is a simple answer as to why we haven't improved. It isn't al clarko, it isn't Viney, it isn't the Pres.

It is 100% recruiting. I think seasons 2017-2020 are distance enough memories to have a bit of a deep dive.

Rating 7/10.
Turned this draft around with the emergence of Xerri, you have every right to expect a pick 4 to be a very good footballer.

Wins Scott pick 49
3/10

Wins Comben.
3/10.

Wins ZERO

But I doubt we have one player on the list taken in the 2020 draft by season close 2026.

1. LDU
2. Xerri
3.Comben
4.Scott

While some still hold out hope for Phillips, Powell and Ford. And fair enough as that's your right.

I do though feel when we deep dive into seasons 2021- 2025 in a few years time it will be much more positive experience.

But for now

oh well.
Bleek years and not much argument other than id take Powell > Scott any day.

Rating 7/10.

Wins Scott pick 49
3/10

Wins Comben.
3/10.

Wins ZERO

1. LDU
2. Xerri
3.Comben
4.Scott

But for now

oh well.

Impressive.

Rating 7/10.

Wins Scott pick 49
3/10

Wins Comben.
3/10.

Wins ZERO

1. LDU
2. Xerri
3.Comben
4.Scott

But for now

oh well.
To be fair, everyone involved with those years has left the club except 2020, and there was limited under-age footy that year

And the Hawks are Targetting battle and Barras as kpd and seem to be ignoring kpfs.
Another reason comben should stay back more valuable there.
Their game plan resolves around working your arse off to beat your man gut-running and creating space. Lowering your eyes and kicking to advantage is another feature we could definitely learn from.

Was trying to work out a suitable trade with Goad myself. We simply aren't in a position to develop a kid for 3-4 years when we need to get better now...

Something like

NM trades 2, Goad, 40
Adl gives 4, Rachelle(eq. Pick 6)

I reckon Adelaide is talking shit. They want him gone imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

hahahaha

Where is Mitch Duncan at? I know he’s talked of moving into coaching when he finishes up.
Could we offer him some playing time over next couple of years and coaching pathway as part of the deal.
He's very slow now and genuinely borderline 1's player at Geelong. Would have been perfect two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back