List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will help us if they are coming for the right reason, like Shiels did. If they are coming as their super plan or with an axe to grind, they will set crap standards and make us worse. I would rather we stripped the list back hard, hit the draft, and let Jy and Harry run the joint.
They’ll help only if they can still play at a decent level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the flip side if we don't get that htb against WC, if Richmond kick straight, if old mate from GC doesn't miss.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 of those 3 are games that fit with what I'm talking about when it comes to choking away games in the 4th quarter. They were only close because we fumbled big leads.

If we fix that issue then we beat WC twice (comfortably), we beat Richmond, we beat GC (comfortably), we beat Collingwood (comfortably).

It's a confidence thing that can click quickly, especially if we add some proper leadership.

He was invisible in the GF and his loss is 73rd on the list of reasons they missed finals this year.
They wouldn't have been in it without him.

Maybe they would have missed finals anyway but for all the talk about him playing for frees he also puts his head over the ball and wins it when its there to be won. Anyway he's playing finals again this year and his old team aren't.

2 of those 3 are games that fit with what I'm talking about when it comes to choking away games in the 4th quarter. They were only close because we fumbled big leads.

If we fix that issue then we beat WC twice (comfortably), we beat Richmond, we beat GC (comfortably), we beat Collingwood (comfortably).

It's a confidence thing that can click quickly, especially if we add some proper leadership.
It's been an issue since 2022 started, though. The roots that represent our lack of belief have sprouted into ****ing mountain ashes. I'd still kill to see what exactly what happened at the club, and when, when Noble lost the plot. That was the decisive moment where we slipped from the pack and went into free fall instead of using 2021 to pull ourselves up to where everyone else was

They wouldn't have been in it without him.

Maybe they would have missed finals anyway but for all the talk about him playing for frees he also puts his head over the ball and wins it when its there to be won. Anyway he's playing finals again this year and his old team aren't.
He sure does, no argument there, and he’s been good for Hawthorn. And I was frustrated last year that Collingwood had so many small forwards he didn’t play that much, when North’s cupboard was bare.

It's been an issue since 2022 started, though. The roots that represent our lack of belief have sprouted into ****ing mountain ashes. I'd still kill to see what exactly what happened at the club, and when, when Noble lost the plot. That was the decisive moment where we slipped from the pack and went into free fall instead of using 2021 to pull ourselves up to where everyone else was
I agree that it's been a long term problem and it really started when we crossed a tipping point with the amount of cool, calm, experienced, on field leadership that we had.

But, it is something that can change if the young guys figure out how to win. Preferably with some help from guys who already know.

I agree that it's been a long term problem and it really started when we crossed a tipping point with the amount of cool, calm, experienced, on field leadership that we had.

But, it is something that can change if the young guys figure out how to win. Preferably with some help from guys who already know.
No one really has had significant winning experience except LMac, Corr and Tucker. That's not a trio that inspires hope and belief, even though I think each contributed massively to our good performances this year.

But yeah I made the same point yesterday. Our young blokes are going to have to show the most mettle shown by any young blokes in decades. Here guys, take this machete and carve a path through all the psychological rot that taints this team. Piece of cake

No one really has had significant winning experience except LMac, Corr and Tucker. That's not a trio that inspires hope and belief, even though I think each contributed massively to our good performances this year.

But yeah I made the same point yesterday. Our young blokes are going to have to show the most mettle shown by any young blokes in decades. Here guys, take this machete and carve a path through all the psychological rot that taints this team. Piece of cake

Yep, they’re going to have to. No one’s coming in with a magic elixir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back