Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on that subject and to segue into something completely random.

I was actually talking with a mate a few weeks ago about whether the footy landscape would have been dramatically different had Jack Cahill gotten the Crows job and the early days of the club had been more Port centric.

I had only just become a teenager during this period, but can remember that there were a lot of Port supporters initially excited about the composite team, but one of the big catalysts for putting them offside was when Cornes got the job over Cahill (which never made sense). The whole thing felt like the club was an extension of Glenelg and Port were the red-headed stepchild, I think a lot of that stuff fueled the mindset with their supporters to want their own license.

Had Cahill been given the job and the whole thing felt a bit more Port friendly, I tend to think that the club would have been far more wildly accepted by Port supporters in the early days and there might not have been the undercurrent that saw them eventually get their own license.
That's pretty interesting, but I still think after 97 98 seasons if we had still won those premierships the AFL would have been concerned with a dominant SA team and may have put in a secondary SA team anyway and such Port would still come in but perhaps a bit later.

We all say what if we had Pavlich in that 2002-2006 stretch but imagine if we had Primus Tredrea C.Cornes Francou in our team? Jesus we would have given Brisbane a run for their money then.

Adelaide football club?
Doubt they’d let you get away with it.

There is a lot of non-sanctioned AFL gear out there ... like this hoodie:

View attachment 2136033
Likewise, if they wanted to, the AFC or the AFL could easily go after this stuff if they wanted to.

Maybe if the operation is small enough, they wouldn’t care?

Doubt they’d let you get away with it.

Likewise, if they wanted to, the AFC or the AFL could easily go after this stuff if they wanted to.

Maybe if the operation is small enough, they wouldn’t care?
There are heaps of services like Spreadshirt that will take your image and put it on anything you like - no-one is getting involved if you put a logo that you made on a hoodie.

I’m assuming there’s no legal implications around using a logo that’s not the official one to create merchandise?
With logos it probably gets tricky if it looks similar because then they can argue you're misleading people into thinking it's the same brand.

You can use colours and the city names with no worries. It's why so many people used to by $2 Cunno's scarves that were in team colours that just said "ADELAIDE" or "PORT".

"Crows" might get tricky, and Adelaide Football Club is quite clearly a no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as it doesn’t say ‘Adelaide Crows’ or ‘Crows’, I guess? They would be trademarked.

It’s an interesting thought.
We did a supporters group shirt with our own logo up here (featuring a Claude Crow and a map of QLD type situation). Club saw it often and never said anything.

There is a lot of non-sanctioned AFL gear out there ... like this hoodie:

View attachment 2136033
The perfect logo was infront of us the whole time

MON-YOURNAME_AFLSimpsons004_hoodie_front.jpg

Raven, Crow. Same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

Back