List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm near-convinced that the AFL/Hutchy are the real masterminds over when trades go through, all to maximise engagement and revenue.

So if they have any sense of drama, they'd allow a big trade to go through today to set up excitement for next week.
Iirc player has stated in an interview previously in his trade, that they all parties had agreed but AFL HQ held off the official process until closer to ddeadline which he felt frustrated at as he couldn't announce it.

Be about right.
I don't think either deal is far off the mark, this one probably has Port a slightly less impressed though but as pies man I'm fine with that.

So Sydney getting involved?
Yeah TRS said it better than i did.

But its definitely about how we stay in the draft. Not about pick 13.
Whether that's 23 or 29 that we get from GC, we want that pick.

So if port are going to dump 13 for 19,22 (which would make sense).
Then we are simply acknowledging that either we can do that and pass on 19,22....or they can take only 13 and do that themselves.
But in either deal, 23/29 stays with us.

Might cost a swap of 33/39 (or whatever the 2nds are) as a show of faith.
Which i'm ok with.

Think that's the sticking point.
I can see both sides of this....what do we care what they do versus we know what's going to happen, so lets make that part of the deal to reduce what we pay.

Carlton fan on power board

I know you may be a little upset with us too, but at least my club was up front with you that we couldn't afford/not prepared to pay the asking price and left it at that. What Collingwood are doing is just straight up insulting.

I hope you guys screw them over big time!!!

The Rioli deal ?
They will then have 13 and a future 1st.
What has the Rioli deal got to do with anything? Please don’t say that Richmond will be sending them a future pick because that’s nonsense.

Let me put this very clearly. They do not want pick 13. It will be eaten up by a bid on Lombard, who’s a top 10 prospect. Their goal this year is to maximise the return of 13 and 23 this year to gain points for next years academy bids, retain enough points for Lombard, and bring in Noble and Rioli. That’s it. They won’t make an attempt to get 13 back.

Another perspective from The Mongrel Punt:
Refreshing to read some rational, balanced articles on the matter that confirms we're doing the right thing

I know you may be a little upset with us too, but at least my club was up front with you that we couldn't afford/not prepared to pay the asking price and left it at that. What Collingwood are doing is just straight up insulting.

That must be why those reports about PA being insulted by Carlton's arrogance were published

How embarrassing. Hilarious that they believe what was reported was what actually happened.

They will be crying in eachothers arms when Dan goes to us.

I'm near-convinced that the AFL/Hutchy are the real masterminds over when trades go through, all to maximise engagement and revenue.

So if they have any sense of drama, they'd allow a big trade to go through today to set up excitement for next week.
Now you're learning!

Because if Port split 13 into 19 and 22 they ultimately get the two first round picks they want for Houston. Collingwood is trying to minimise its draft cost.

Absolutely this.

What if Pies can get 13 + 23 or 29 off the Suns.

Port would ask for both picks.

So perhaps Pies deal 13 to Sydney themselves, get 2 picks for the Power and keep 1.

+ the 2nd from the Hawks, package them and move up.

I’m still confused, Dead Eye.

Isn’t that still just swapping one first rounder (F1) for another (13)? We’ll never hold two first rounders concurrently, so how can we turn that hand into three late first rounders as you suggested?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
23 is a 1st Rd pick. Our aim is to retain that one so whilst we’ll never hold two technically 3 will be involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me feels this deal will fall over.
It’s the perfect storm of trades, each club has something the others want. It all fits too nicely as long as a club doesn’t go all rogue and do a Carlolton and rule themselves out with stupidity. They’ll then probably do seperate trades but we want Dan, GC want Luko to Port and Port want that and Richards. Possibly some posturing around the picks but it fits like a jigsaw puzzle in my mind.

Today’s the Day Boys & Girls! Welcome Dan Houston

IMG_2841.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back